• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] MidnightRom: Sense 1.5.4

I loaded the new rom, flashed firmware, everything works ok, but 3d camera is broken. Also with new radio and prl 60690 my 3g speed was really slow and a lot of fluctuations on signal bars. Put radio 0.97.10.0530 back on and updated prl to 61009 and my 3g speeds are much better and i get full signal bars most of the time. Also have been trying to tweak 4g (wimax) to get better signal, haven found anything yet that has given me much improvment (anyone have any ideas?).

Upvote 0
Working on a fix :p

*edit*

Uploading!

-Changed kernel to verion 3.6.6 (fixes 3D issues among others)
-Changed kernel command line (fixes some more issues)
-Change min speed to 384 mhz
-Change max overclock to 1.566 ghz
-Change gov to lagfree
-Change screenoff gov to conservative
-Change install script (formatting, misc)
-Change version number in build.prop for the sprint updates (ty to Hollaback12786 for noticing)

Reactions: Hollaback12786
Upvote 0
I have wiped and reloaded my phone 4 times, and I still can't get 4g or wifi to work. Has anyone had this problem and fixed it?

Please help, thanks

Confinest

Seems you don't have S-OFF.

If you do not have S-OFF, you WILL HAVE TO flash the boot.img file in fastboot at each update, as the kernel is almost always updated with each new version of MNR. Not doing this will cause issues with wifi, 4g, bluetooth, and lots of other things.
Instructions are followed
How to install MidnightRom if you do not have S-OFF:

First of all you need to have fastboot & adb installed, as well as the drivers for the evo 3d. See This Thread for more information.

Step 1:
Download the latest version of MidnightRom (or the version you want to use), put it on your phone, and install it using recovery.

Step 2: Extract the MidnightRom zip file on your computer. Take the boot.img file that is in the extracted folder and put it in C:\android\platform-tools\ (or wherever you have your platform-tools for the adb at)

Step 3: Reboot your Phone into the bootloader
This can either be done by powering off your phone, then pressing and holding the power and volume down buttons.

Make sure it says "Fastboot USB" highlighted in red. If not, select the fastboot option.

Step 4: Test if it your device has been detected with the following command:

Code:
fastboot devices

Step 5:
Execute this command

Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img

Step 6:

Reboot your phone using this command

Code:
fastboot reboot

Upvote 0
About an hour and a half left until it's up.

OH, and btw, all donations are going towards the new Samsung Galaxy S 2 4G (for virgin mobile of course) so I can dev for that as well ^_^

So far, have about 100 bucks in the pot so it might take a while xD but just a heads up where your donations are going to ^_^

What, no iPhone? :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones