• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Mikfroyo - ALL Versions

What's up with your phone? :(

it has demons inside!! lol

hard to describe, but all of the sudden it will start making tesla coil type sounds. thats the best way I can descibe it. the rear speaker starts bzzzing and humming and then goes zzzzzzzsnnnap! then repeats, it progressively gets louder and louder too after each snap or 2. you can feel crazy pressure coming out of the speaker if you put your thumb over it. can't kill it with out shutting down the phone, battery doesn't need to be pulled though I usually pull it.

and it likes to randomly start playing music, usually at some awkward time. though I can also have it in my hand while using an app and it just comes on.

the second was most likely a bad install and I have re-flashed and it seems good.. lol. not sure about the demon snap though. its happened a couple of times in the past, but has happened a bunch this weekend. ever hear of this one? can it be sofware too?

well, I have insurance and since listening to my wifes new 0004 earpiece I think its time I get a new phone.

it has demons inside!! lol

hard to describe, but all of the sudden it will start making tesla coil type sounds. thats the best way I can descibe it. the rear speaker starts bzzzing and humming and then goes zzzzzzzsnnnap! then repeats, it progressively gets louder and louder too after each snap or 2. you can feel crazy pressure coming out of the speaker if you put your thumb over it. can't kill it with out shutting down the phone, battery doesn't need to be pulled though I usually pull it.

and it likes to randomly start playing music, usually at some awkward time. though I can also have it in my hand while using an app and it just comes on.

the second was most likely a bad install and I have re-flashed and it seems good.. lol. not sure about the demon snap though. its happened a couple of times in the past, but has happened a bunch this weekend. ever hear of this one? can it be sofware too?

well, I have insurance and since listening to my wifes new 0004 earpiece I think its time I get a new phone.

Yeah, that's not normal... Good luck getting it resolved. I'm sure they'll give you a new one if need be.

Back to the subject at hand, I think I'll be waiting for final as well. I've been of 4.4 for all of 3 days...

How do you fix the alarm issue where you cannot turn it off? This morning was fun while trying to removed the battery half asleep before waking the baby. :(

yeah..i love to help when and where i can...running multiple beta's is one of those things i just can't accommodate

How do you fix the alarm issue where you cannot turn it off? This morning was fun while trying to removed the battery half asleep before waking the baby. :(
when running the Vanilla lock screen this is the way it is. The only way I know to shut it off is a battery pull. You can do what most do and download a market alarm clock.
me? U use an app called bedside. Keeps the phone awake so the lock screen never kicks in... I just do not like the non - sense alarm clocks.. anyway this app is feature rich, allows to to pick who can call you and all others the phone never rings, style, etc.. etc..

when running the Vanilla lock screen this is the way it is. The only way I know to shut it off is a battery pull. You can do what most do and download a market alarm clock.
me? U use an app called bedside. Keeps the phone awake so the lock screen never kicks in... I just do not like the non - sense alarm clocks.. anyway this app is feature rich, allows to to pick who can call you and all others the phone never rings, style, etc.. etc..

That's not entirely true. What method did you use to get the vanilla lock screen (which is what I assume you did)? If you used the one provided by mik (the rotary mod ported by JsChiSurf), then it would have removed the Sense clock, and replaced it with the AOSP one, which would not have that problem. Any other method that doesn't do that last part would require that you do it manually. Otherwise, you'll end up in this situation where you can't turn off the alarm. Or, of course, just use any other alarm app.

Anyone had any success installing using clockword or RA? Install keeps aborting on my phone.

What error messages have you tried? If it fails on both, maybe you got a bad download. Have you tried downloading it again?

When I flashed 4.5 beta 3 the standard lock was there? I would be happy with the Sense lock that came with 4.4. I am confused... :confused:

That's not entirely true. What method did you use to get the vanilla lock screen (which is what I assume you did)? If you used the one provided by mik (the rotary mod ported by JsChiSurf), then it would have removed the Sense clock, and replaced it with the AOSP one, which would not have that problem. Any other method that doesn't do that last part would require that you do it manually. Otherwise, you'll end up in this situation where you can't turn off the alarm. Or, of course, just use any other alarm app.

What error messages have you tried? If it fails on both, maybe you got a bad download. Have you tried downloading it again?

When I flashed 4.5 beta 3 the standard lock was there? I would be happy with the Sense lock that came with 4.4. I am confused... :confused:

I see. I haven't actually flashed the betas yet. I forgot he did that by default. Do you have the sense clock or the AOSP clock?

yeah, I may have to drop off the mikfroyo rom scene. Its getting too much like calkulin's evio rom to me. with the same issues..

I think my demon snaps may actually be because of the rom, or a bad rom install. I haven't had the sounds since I re-wiped everything. and I believe the once or twice I heard this before was on the evio rom.

Also like the evio rom is the 4g issue. I try to turn it on, through settings menu, and it turns on and then after a few seconds it turns off. Then it starts the 4g flash, where if you watch 4g in the setting menu it flashes turning on to disconnected repeatedly. on the evio rom a restart would cure the problem, on mikfroyo 4.4 restarts do nothing and I can't make it stop right now.
EDIT: the 4g flash stops after awhile on its own.... bla I don't know...

and if Mik is going default AOSP lock screen, well them I'm out....

i'll try to read through his thread later today. but I feel these are symptoms from compressing files/apks as mik has posted he started doing this stuff like calk does.

bummer...

hmmm interesting, I have never had nay issues with mik's rom, 4g or otherwise. I thought I saw him mention on his thread , that you would have a choice of lockscreens on the official release, but just aosp for beta, I could be wrong though. At any rate I've been running nothing but Evervolv FTW! it has ruined me and everything else feels slow now, overclocking to 1190, 0 stability issues, everything works GB woohoo! :)
I like the calendar and photo gallery way better on aosp than sense

I'm not sure if he gave an option for lockscreens with the beta. I haven't flashed one yet. That being said, if it's there, it will be on the sdcard with the rest of the removed apps. It should be called HTCLockScreen.apk or something like that (I forget the exact name). You should be able to just push it to /system/app. Also, I don't know if he kept the Sense deskclock or if you need to push that as well. If people are getting stuck with alarms, it sounds like he didn't remove the sense one. That's sort of odd... Maybe I'll flash it later and check.

I found the HTC Lock Screen Apk in the removed folder but when I try to install it fails. I gave up and went back to 4.4 and everything is working well.

I'm not sure if he gave an option for lockscreens with the beta. I haven't flashed one yet. That being said, if it's there, it will be on the sdcard with the rest of the removed apps. It should be called HTCLockScreen.apk or something like that (I forget the exact name). You should be able to just push it to /system/app. Also, I don't know if he kept the Sense deskclock or if you need to push that as well. If people are getting stuck with alarms, it sounds like he didn't remove the sense one. That's sort of odd... Maybe I'll flash it later and check.

You need to copy it to /system/app/ using something like root explorer. What deskclock came with the beta? Sense or AOSP? Was the a deskclock on the sdcard with the lock screen?

Okay sorry if I am in the wrong thread, if so you can scream at me and point me in the right direction, I have Mikfroyo 4.4 running, I was having problems sending MMS getting "Generic Network Failure" so I stopped the messaging app, and cleared data but now I have only the option to go to 1MB instead of 5MB is there a way to correct this without hacving to reflash the whole ROM?

Okay sorry if I am in the wrong thread, if so you can scream at me and point me in the right direction, I have Mikfroyo 4.4 running, I was having problems sending MMS getting "Generic Network Failure" so I stopped the messaging app, and cleared data but now I have only the option to go to 1MB instead of 5MB is there a way to correct this without hacving to reflash the whole ROM?

I had this issue happen this morning. Do you have always data on enabled or disabled? It should be under the wireless/networks settings. Also if you look in Messages>Settings>MMS Settings>Maximum message size What is it set to? Are you using the stock messaging app or something like chomp or handscent?

i have mikfroyo 4.4 and everytime i restart/reboot my phone once it boots up 4g is on, can i set it to off upon restart/reboot somewhere?

thanks

i have mikfroyo 4.4 and everytime i restart/reboot my phone once it boots up 4g is on, can i set it to off upon restart/reboot somewhere?

thanks

Do you have an app that could be turning it on, like juice defender or Superpower?

Back
Top Bottom