• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Mikfroyo - ALL Versions

I have another question, whenever you guys get a chance. I have the Mikfroyo 4.4 ROM and Toastmod - 4.3-bfs-havs-more-sbc Kernel, I seem to be experiencing lag, when switching Home screen to Home Screen, it seems to do great when downloading, surfing the internet playing music etc. It's just scrolling through Apps and Also Home Screens, it drives me nuts, I have reflashed the Kernel, also making sure to clear cache, delvic cache, Any Ideas for me? I have SetCpu running, with the profile pictured above in the thread.

Thanks for your time again guys.
hmm is the lag only upon "wake up"? if so, you can raise the max level on your screen off profile.

If not, then you can try smartass or on demand scaling and it hsould be quicker, but at the sacrifice of some battery. If using smartass, diable your profiles first. Shouldn't be any lag considering that you are overclocking and mikfroyo is inherintley fast already.

It could also be that your phone doesnt like BFS kernels, mine didnt, I stick with CFS.
Have you run other HAVS kernels without this problem?
Are you using a launcher like ADW or just the stock sense?

hmm is the lag only upon "wake up"? if so, you can raise the max level on your screen off profile.

If not, then you can try smartass or on demand scaling and it hsould be quicker, but at the sacrifice of some battery. If using smartass, diable your profiles first. Shouldn't be any lag considering that you are overclocking and mikfroyo is inherintley fast already.

It could also be that your phone doesnt like BFS kernels, mine didnt, I stick with CFS.
Have you run other HAVS kernels without this problem?

Well this is the only Kernel I have used, this and the SBC-net-4.2.2-more-havs-v7. I have played with the settings you recommended for the SetCPU and it seems I experience the same lag no matter what setting. I am keeping it at conservative.

As far as the.
It may sound dumb, but I have no idea which one I am using. Sorry for that lack of information, but hopefully you can tell me how to find out.

Thanks Again.

Well this is the only Kernel I have used, this and the SBC-net-4.2.2-more-havs-v7. I have played with the settings you recommended for the SetCPU and it seems I experience the same lag no matter what setting. I am keeping it at conservative.

As far as the.
It may sound dumb, but I have no idea which one I am using. Sorry for that lack of information, but hopefully you can tell me how to find out.

Thanks Again.

lol no worries man, if you have not downloaded ADW launcher or launcher pro etc.. then you are on the stock sense launcher.
You may try ADW launcher, I love it, and you can controll how fast the transitions are from screen to screen etc.. I have the pay version called ADW ex, but you can do it with the free version too.

Also if you like fast, go to Spare parts (it's in your app drawer) go down to "basic spare parts settings" then go to window animations and select fast, then transition animations and select fast :)

As far as the kernel goes, if you do a search you can find out all kinds of info on CFS vs BFS and HAVS vs no HAVS, so you may to try netarchy's 4.3 kernel but grab the CFS instead of the BFS and see if that helps, also you can try the NO HAVS version as well. typically BFS and HAVS are less stable than CFS and NO HAVS, so that might be your issue, but i'm just completely guessing here.

YOu might try ADW launcher first and adjust the speed of you home screen swiping to faster and see if the problem persists

lol no worries man, if you have not downloaded ADW launcher or launcher pro etc.. then you are on the stock sense launcher.
You may try ADW launcher, I love it, and you can controll how fast the transitions are from screen to screen etc.. I have the pay version called ADW ex, but you can do it with the free version too.

Also if you like fast, go to Spare parts (it's in your app drawer) go down to "basic spare parts settings" then go to window animations and select fast, then transition animations and select fast :)

As far as the kernel goes, if you do a search you can find out all kinds of info on CFS vs BFS and HAVS vs no HAVS, so you may to try netarchy's 4.3 kernel but grab the CFS instead of the BFS and see if that helps, also you can try the NO HAVS version as well. typically BFS and HAVS are less stable than CFS and NO HAVS, so that might be your issue, but i'm just completely guessing here.

YOu might try ADW launcher first and adjust the speed of you home screen swiping to faster and see if the problem persists

I had those setting in Spare Parts on fast already, I have played in there some, (not changing anything randomly or nothing) but I guess these were already defaulted to fast.

I will play around with Kernels, and educate myself from the reading material available. and does ADW replace my current home screen, or does this just adjust the current Home Screen settings?

Thanks!

I am running Miks 4.4 with netarchy 4.3.1 cfs havs sbc and am having no issues to this point. It has been 4 or 5 days and I am loving it. If you are looking to try the other netarchy kernels here is where I found the ones I have tried out:

http://www.qap.la/~netarchy/

I had those setting in Spare Parts on fast already, I have played in there some, (not changing anything randomly or nothing) but I guess these were already defaulted to fast.

I will play around with Kernels, and educate myself from the reading material available. and does ADW replace my current home screen, or does this just adjust the current Home Screen settings?

Thanks!
ADW launcher will actually replace your home screen interface altogether, after you download it , when you press the home button if will let you choose
1. HTC sense
2. ADW launcher

ADW is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy more customizable than sense, but warning, once you try ADW or Launcher pro, you wont want to go back to sense :)
here's a screen example of my ADW launcher Oh and ADW works in landscape mode as well !!!! FTW I love landscape
ScreenShot-9.png

ScreenShot-8.png

those icons on the bottom are the dock bar, so they stay there on every screen, except when I swipe down with my finger, then I get the icons in the 2nd pic on the bottom, you have the option to show/hide the dock bar background, also show/hide names of the apps (as you can see I choose to hide them) and about 4 million other options lol

So now I am connected on my laptop through sprint hotspots, but only getting "local " but no internet. Any suggestions???

ADW launcher will actually replace your home screen interface altogether, after you download it , when you press the home button if will let you choose
1. HTC sense
2. ADW launcher

ADW is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy more customizable than sense, but warning, once you try ADW or Launcher pro, you wont want to go back to sense :)
here's a screen example of my ADW launcher Oh and ADW works in landscape mode as well !!!! FTW I love landscape
ScreenShot-9.png

ScreenShot-8.png

those icons on the bottom are the dock bar, so they stay there on every screen, except when I swipe down with my finger, then I get the icons in the 2nd pic on the bottom, you have the option to show/hide the dock bar background, also show/hide names of the apps (as you can see I choose to hide them) and about 4 million other options lol

Are these options available in the free version or just the pay version?

@xtremedays almost everything is availiable on the free version, there are just a small handful of extra options on the pay version, which are a few extra transitions/animations etc.. Also the pay version seems faster/smoother with less FC's, try the free version first, and then upgrade if you really like it

Did you make sure to turn the wifi radio off on your phone? Just making sure you've started with the basics :).

Yeah, wifi is off and 3g is on. I don't know what's going on, but it's driving me nuts. The wifi app from the market works fine, I guess I'll just have to stick with that. :(

@xtremedays almost everything is availiable on the free version, there are just a small handful of extra options on the pay version, which are a few extra transitions/animations etc.. Also the pay version seems faster/smoother with less FC's, try the free version first, and then upgrade if you really like it

I installed it last night and was playing a little with it....going to some more to see what all is changeable in the free version.

Just noticed that there's an optimized version of LauncherPro for download over at XDA for Mik's:

Optimized Version of LP:

this is the free version off the market and it has been speed up and cleaned up.
Please note that u must uninstall existing versions and push this file into /system/app using adb and/or any other method u know of.

com.fede.launcher.apk

Anyone try this yet? Any different than the version from the Market?

Just noticed that there's an optimized version of LauncherPro for download over at XDA for Mik's:

Optimized Version of LP:

this is the free version off the market and it has been speed up and cleaned up.
Please note that u must uninstall existing versions and push this file into /system/app using adb and/or any other method u know of.

com.fede.launcher.apk

Anyone try this yet? Any different than the version from the Market?

Looks like he probably just cleaned up the apk like he did with all the system apks. I'm using a themed version of launcher pro, so I'll pass. It's fast enough.

Yeah, wifi is off and 3g is on. I don't know what's going on, but it's driving me nuts. The wifi app from the market works fine, I guess I'll just have to stick with that. :(

Have you tried it without security enabled to see what happens?

Under manage users do you have "allowed users only" checked? if so then you need to approve or deny the computer after it connects.

Thats all i could think of on the phone side of the issue. The only other thing would be some settings on your laptop.

edit ok, he just pushed out beta 3.... MikFroYo-v4.5-Beta-3-signed.zip Sunday 9:40 pm cst

Heres a quote from xda--- final due out soon
download here ..... Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire
Originally Posted by aamikam
Ok guys... the beta for 4.5 is up in the folder.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR MODS AND THEMES FOR IT YET, WAIT FOR THE FINAL!
ALL THE OLD STUFF WILL WORK BUT ITS NOT 100% SAME AS 4.5.

MIGHT BE A GOOD IDEA TO FULLY WIPE FOR BETTER TESTING RESULTS.
PM ME WITH ISSUES ETC.
vanila lockscreen by default (htc lockscreen on sdcard).
fixed some tiny issues with apktool adding "amp;" where its not needed (in some strings).
fixed market comments not showing what u type.
minor graphical/animations changes.
compressed and opt images inside the apks.
100% of the images that should be in grayscale are in grayscale.
added sdcard speed tweak.
mem management is preset to aggressive.
removed apps that u can find on the market.
heap size changed to 48mb (lets see how it goes)

im not sure when u guys will see a final version, school has not been too much yet, but next week and on... its gonna start to get crazy... so i hope i can give u guys a final version by Fri or Sat with all the extras im planning on adding to the rom.

p.s.
guys... please take a sec to rate the thread (the stars on top) thanks.
and also i wanna say wow!... over 6500 posts (approx 220 posts a day) in 1 month... that must be some kind of record, so thank u again guys.
/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update. I wonder if maybe we should start keeping all these mikfroyo updates in one thread so that we don't have to keep jumping around

Thanks for the update. I wonder if maybe we should start keeping all these mikfroyo updates in one thread so that we don't have to keep jumping around

yeah I wanted to do this after are started that first beta thread, then found you can't or I don't know how to edit a thread title. so I just let it die...

Haha, me too. I'm getting sick of wiping everything and starting over again all the time...

haha, me too.. I had to stop reading the mikfroyo thread and well visiting this place.

I do have to say I am absolutely amazed at how fast I can now go from full wipe to completely loaded phone with all setting and passwords.

I think my phone may need a replacement soon also :(

haha, me too.. I had to stop reading the mikfroyo thread and well visiting this place.

I do have to say I am absolutely amazed at how fast I can now go from full wipe to completely loaded phone with all setting and passwords.

I think my phone may need a replacement soon also :(

Hehe, yeah, I can do it in about an hour. It's just a pain to do what I consider the *correct* way.

What's up with your phone? :(

no doubt, thats why I do the TB batch restore, if may not be the preferred way, but it saves me sooo much time, and no major issues yet (fingers crossed) :)

Back
Top Bottom