• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [rom] miui4dx 1.8.19[updated 8/23/2011]

Wow bro! I delete a lot of my nandroids after I'm done with that ROM which has saved me a lot of space etc.

Dropbox yeah I hear that, I'm almost at capacity but I'm too cheap to buy one of their plans lol.

Battery life on day two of the liquid rom seems a lil bit worse Im at 79% after four hours and 48 minutes. Dont care though as I will be flashing a new rom soon enough.

Another space killer are the nightlies (if you downloaded them via Rom Manager).

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Miui Theme: Naked Simplicity | Gadget Desire

I use GV, but I have it set to dial international calls only.

I'm on Darkslide right now. Flashing this in a few minutes! :) I currently have GV set to "Use for all calls" and have Voice Choice installed with a list of numbers NOT to use GV on. Not sure if this will work on this ROM... but I'll be trying. :)

Upvote 0
any ideas why my bt would pick up action sounds but not allow the caller to be put thru the headset?

There are issues with BT right now. I can get mine to work by toggling it off and on and letting it pair again. But the next time I disconnect from my headset or car audio to connect again I have to toggle BT on the phone.

Upvote 0
I thought I would share another cool thing for MIUI that I found, you may already know but if not this will allow you to use the theme manager for your boot animation as well. You can also set the boot audio from a file on your phone.

FIX: Applying Custom Bootanimations in MIUI

I have tested and this is working great, the sound is a little loud (but since I have had no random reboots I am not too worried).

Also I had to figure out in the theme manager if you click on the box that shows current theme, this will then allow you to go in and select lockscreen styles, boot animation and all of the other settings.

Upvote 0
I've had tons of random reboots, mainly when the screen is turned off, with both this rom as well as CM7 on my new replacement DX, while my previous DX ran CM7 fine. I don't think it has happened while plugged in, however.

Is this likely just a hardware issue or are there any other possible issues/fixes?

Could be hardware, could be software. Wipe data/cache and run "stock" for a bit and see if it continues.

Upvote 0
Could be hardware, could be software. Wipe data/cache and run "stock" for a bit and see if it continues.
I can't quite figure it out because I ran stock for over a week and had little to no random reboots. So that would dismiss any hardware issues, right?

Software-wise, I have reinstalled CM7 more than once (mainly by 1-step installer and once by sbf'ing to .340 and wiping data/cache each time) and now MIUI for the first time and seem to have the same issue everytime.

Upvote 0
I can't quite figure it out because I ran stock for over a week and had little to no random reboots. So that would dismiss any hardware issues, right?

Software-wise, I have reinstalled CM7 more than once (mainly by 1-step installer and once by sbf'ing to .340 and wiping data/cache each time) and now MIUI for the first time and seem to have the same issue everytime.

Technically yes and no. It could be the way your hardware is reacting to having MIUI or CM7 on it. How did you restore applications? Run with no apps on MIUI or CM7 for a bit and see if they stop. If so, start adding applications back...... that's really the only way I can think to troubleshoot it.

Upvote 0
Whats the preferred and clean way to install this? Is it better if I SBF back to .340 and then install or should I try to drop CM7 on my phone and then install?

If i SBF, does that mean I have to do the root/recovery/etc..?

SBF
Root 340
Install D2 Bootstrap
Flash MIUI from recovery.
Boot to stock recovery
wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache
Boot to MIUI
Install Rom Manager
Flash DroidX (2nd-init) recovery
Install the patch from the MIUI download section

I off the top of my head I think that is it.

Reactions: banzai75x
Upvote 0
So I just have to share where I am with this set-up. Like I have said I am still learning a little bit more day by day on this.

20110728_142225.jpg

20110728_142232.jpg

20110728_142241.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones