• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Mobster Rom HD/Lite - 031513

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna try that because it's been happening a lot lately. On another note my Youtube hasn't been working over Mobile Data. I tried uninstalling the one that came with the ROM and installing the Google Play one, same thing. Even the website does not work over data. P.S. Update anytime soon? (sorry don't wanna be annoying)

Try the full YouTube site instead of the mobile- go to YouTube.com scroll all the way to the bottom and switch to full site, this worked for me on a previous version where YouTube wouldn't work over data, but my YouTube on this version works fine, I would maybe try a re flash
Edit: YouTube settings and choose desktop, see if that works

I've been experiencing really poor battery life I was just wondering if im the only one also i cant get the youtube website to play videos.

I've been experiencing really poor battery life I was just wondering if im the only one also i cant get the youtube website to play videos.

Battery life is hit and miss...all depends on your usage ;) Are you using the phone a lot? Wifi bluetooth? All of those things drain the battery. Sure, the screen is pretty to look at, but it will kill your battery quick.

Also try a different browser for youtube. See if that helps

i keep everything off except for mobile network my screen brightness is on auto the battery still only lasts around 6-8 hours not browsing web and only texting here and there. if i try to use the phone as a gps i can only drive for 30 minutes because then i will not know where i am because the phone would have died by then lol.

Just curious about the Wifi tether app...... I've changed the profile accordingly and checked the routing fix, but am unable to connect my desktop or laptop. Actually, it connects but won't load any web content?? Something I am missing?

Just curious about the Wifi tether app...... I've changed the profile accordingly and checked the routing fix, but am unable to connect my desktop or laptop. Actually, it connects but won't load any web content?? Something I am missing?

Do you get a little red icon when your computers connect in your notification bar? If so, you have Access Control enabled. What you need to do is click the red icon in your notification bar and check the Access for your computer's address. If that's not the problem hopefully someone else can help.

Run some ping tests in both directions.
Let us know if you need syntax help with this.

I noticed that the 3g symbol in the status bar seems to go back and forth from the standard blue theme to the white HTC theme when its showing only an upload on 3g. When both down and up combined is happening it still is the blue 3g symbol along with only down.

Is there something wrong with the 3g images for the status bar in the rom?

Could you tell me where those images are located exactly so I can check to make sure there isnt a problem on my end? It seems it might be missing that one image somehow and I want to fix it if possible. its driving me nuts :o

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I am using the sense version. Not lite.

I noticed that the 3g symbol in the status bar seems to go back and forth from the standard blue theme to the white HTC theme when its showing only an upload on 3g. When both down and up combined is happening it still is the blue 3g symbol along with only down.

Is there something wrong with the 3g images for the status bar in the rom?

Could you tell me where those images are located exactly so I can check to make sure there isnt a problem on my end? It seems it might be missing that one image somehow and I want to fix it if possible. its driving me nuts :o

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I am using the sense version. Not lite.

Mine does that too; it's not on your end. I've always personified this behavior as the original signal breaking through the oppression of the modification. It's like it's fighting for survival :D

Mine does that too; it's not on your end. I've always personified this behavior as the original signal breaking through the oppression of the modification. It's like it's fighting for survival :D

Thats good to know its not just me having this problem.

Its gotta be a bad image name or a missing image though, Because I never have seen it trying to break through the other 2 images. Only when its just upload only. :confused:

Anyone know where the image files are stored? I am curious and want to see if there is an image for this or not.

I extracted the .apk and can confirm the image is there, and it doesnt seem to be labeled wrong. The download label is stat_sys_signal_in.png and the upload is stat_sys_signal_out.png

It was just a thought that it might of been missing or something, But I have no idea now.

BTW the upload+download image is labeled stat_sys_signal_inout.png if anyone is wondering.

EDIT: Posted this before I saw your post. I will look at that now. :D

Oops, Was looking in the wrong place. there is indeed a wrong file, With the upload 3g symbol in this .apk. It has the stock 3g upload image instead of the blue theme upload image that should be there. systemui.apk>res>drawable-hdpi is where it is.

i believe the file in question is "cdma_sys_data_out_3g.png"

It was that file.

I ended up fixing that one image and doing a recompile of the .apk and moved it over onto my phone, Rebooted and I no longer have that white icon issue.

EDIT: Let me know if anyone wants the fixed .apk. I can upload it to dropbox or something for sharing. You will need a file explorer that can access the system folder though, To swap the systemui.apk file. I couldnt figure out how to make a flashable zip. :(

It was that file.

I ended up fixing that one image and doing a recompile of the .apk and moved it over onto my phone, Rebooted and I no longer have that white icon issue.

EDIT: Let me know if anyone wants the fixed .apk. I can upload it to dropbox or something for sharing. You will need a file explorer that can access the system folder though, To swap the systemui.apk file. I couldnt figure out how to make a flashable zip. :(

Please do.

Here is the file. I ended up using MediaFire.

Okay, Instructions.

1.Download a compatible file explorer on your phone that can view the System folder(Will need root permissions of course).
2.Download and unzip the file from mediafire and rename the .apk to SystemUI.apk.
3.Move the new .apk to your SD card temporarily.
4.On your phone in your file explorer, Navigate to System>App
5.BACKUP the original SystemUI.apk by renaming to SystemUIOriginal.apk or something similar, As long as its different.
6.Copy the new SystemUI.apk to System>App.
6.5.Change permissions to -rw-r--r--
7.Reboot and enjoy your fixed 3G icon!

View attachment 50675

Wish I saw the permissions deal before I re-flashed my phone. Not setting the permissions borked my notifications bar. Even replacing the original apk couldn't get it back. Either way it works now. Thanks for uploading.

unurate7.jpg

Lovely, thanks again mobz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom