• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Quattrimus JB (CM10.1, AOKP42)

So we have 2 Spectrums, put CM10.1 on both and they won't connect to Wi-Fi at the same time. One will connect, but turning the wifi on on the 2nd kicks the first off and cycles thru "authenticating, obtaining IP address" but won't actually connect until the wifi is turned off on the 1st. I remembered something about the MAC for Bluetooth so I checked and they have the same MAC address, don't know enough about it to know if that's the problem. We also tried restarting the router, with no change and my tablet and phone connect simultaneously with no problems.

Thanks for all your work on this phone!

Reactions: IMUcarmen and tdm
Upvote 0
So we have 2 Spectrums, put CM10.1 on both and they won't connect to Wi-Fi at the same time. One will connect, but turning the wifi on on the 2nd kicks the first off and cycles thru "authenticating, obtaining IP address" but won't actually connect until the wifi is turned off on the 1st. I remembered something about the MAC for Bluetooth so I checked and they have the same MAC address, don't know enough about it to know if that's the problem. We also tried restarting the router, with no change and my tablet and phone connect simultaneously with no problems.

Thanks for all your work on this phone!

Yeah that's a problem. I'll fix it next build.

Upvote 0
First, TDM, yo are the man, thank for all of your amazing work! second i was attempting to get inverted apps so i tried to use JusTunBean's aroma inverted app installer, where you basically choose what you want to install. I know that this obviously isnt the q/a thread for that, and im only posting here because those threads were locked but if anyone has tried using aroma previously, any reason it wouldnt work? i followed instructions to the t... p.s. if you havent checked aroma out and you own a gnex or some other phone that has 4.2.x, it works wih those quite well, check it out, just search 4.2.1 inverted gapps in google, and its the first hit.
edit: everything works btw, runs flawless, havent tested gps yet because i only get random areas around my house of 3g, and dont want to blame it on poor connection:) thanks again!

Reactions: tdm
Upvote 0
First, TDM, yo are the man, thank for all of your amazing work! second i was attempting to get inverted apps so i tried to use JusTunBean's aroma inverted app installer, where you basically choose what you want to install. I know that this obviously isnt the q/a thread for that, and im only posting here because those threads were locked but if anyone has tried using aroma previously, any reason it wouldnt work? i followed instructions to the t... p.s. if you havent checked aroma out and you own a gnex or some other phone that has 4.2.x, it works wih those quite well, check it out, just search 4.2.1 inverted gapps in google, and its the first hit.
edit: everything works btw, runs flawless, havent tested gps yet because i only get random areas around my house of 3g, and dont want to blame it on poor connection:) thanks again!

I remember a conversation in this forum a couple months ago where people were talking about how aroma doesn't work on our phone. I then proved this for myself by trying to run aroma (I think the same one you are running actually) and it crashes out. So for whatever reason aroma will not run on our phone :/

Reactions: Conall52395
Upvote 0

There are quite a few CM themes that have themed apps that can be used instead of inverted Gapps, like this one for example:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blackout1911.theme.BetterbeanThemeFree

Reactions: Conall52395
Upvote 0
Fixed the Bluetooth MAC issue and verified all possible combinations that I can think of.

I'll be building several ROMs today: CM10 rc4, AOKP41 rc4, CM10.1 beta2, AOKP42 beta1, and possibly another AOSP41 build. That will take most of the day, so I don't expect to get much else done. Which is fine, because I have lots of "real" work to do anyway.

In case I forget to mention it later, please note that the BT MAC is saved in a couple different places. /data/misc/bd_addr is where it initially gets stored. When BT is first turned on, the value is cached in /data/misc/bluetoothd/address. In order to set the correct BT MAC, you will need to (1) install one of the builds that I will post later today, (2) delete both of these files, and (3) reboot. Of course (2) is not necessary if you do a full wipe, but I don't expect many folks are doing full wipes -- it's not necessary when upgrading from a previous build of the same version/flavor.

Upvote 0
I tried doing a dirty flash and it behaved a little quirky. So, I decided to bite the bullet a do a full wipe, clean flash. So far it has been behaving very nice. I little choppy at first but it seems to be smoothing out. Definitely nothing unpleasant, so far... Thanks again TDM for all you do. It is greatly appreciated!

Reactions: tdm
Upvote 0
Hey ummm!!!! Sooooo my phone took a nosedive before I flashed 10.1 and now I don't have led's under my hardware buttons....is this due to the rom orrr did I break it with the faceplant?

Flashing back to Stock might be the easiest way to find that out for sure.

http://joelperryproductions.com/spectrum/tools/Full_Spectrum_un-brick_tool.zip

This will help you flash back to stock. Read the instructions. I know there's a link to the v7 cab somewhere around here, but I cannot seem to locate it at the moment...

Upvote 0
...In order to set the correct BT MAC, you will need to (1) install one of the builds that I will post later today, (2) delete both of these files, and (3) reboot. Of course (2) is not necessary if you do a full wipe, but I don't expect many folks are doing full wipes -- it's not necessary when upgrading from a previous build of the same version/flavor.

Is this necessary if you have not turned on Bluetooth on your spectrum? I don't think I have used BT on my spectrum since July or August 2012, and I've done a lot of flashing and wiping since then (of several kinds).

I will probably clean install with a 3x3 total wipe first anyway, but incase I don't...

Upvote 0
Did more than 10 tests and none of them crossed 5500 mark.:(

Two possible contributing factors, off the top of my head:

* The CM10.1 kernel is currently not compiled with linaro.
* The display subsystem is different: new adreno libs and kernel code.

That probably wouldn't make up all the difference but it may explain some.

Upvote 0
Is this necessary if you have not turned on Bluetooth on your spectrum? I don't think I have used BT on my spectrum since July or August 2012, and I've done a lot of flashing and wiping since then (of several kinds).

I will probably clean install with a 3x3 total wipe first anyway, but incase I don't...

Yes, if you want the correct bluetooth mac, you must delete those files regardless of whether you've used buletooth in the past or not.

Upvote 0
AOKP42 is being a pain, it may take a few days to sort things out. I am having the following issues right now:

* On i_vzw, the screen won't turn off, either on its own or via power key. But the bluetooth mac and browser works.
* On i_atnt, the screen turns off. But the bluetooth mac isn't set correctly and the browser won't come up.

Upvote 0
Flashing back to Stock might be the easiest way to find that out for sure.

http://joelperryproductions.com/spectrum/tools/Full_Spectrum_un-brick_tool.zip

This will help you flash back to stock. Read the instructions. I know there's a link to the v7 cab somewhere around here, but I cannot seem to locate it at the moment...

ehhh.... The buttons function, they just don't light up.... wondered if anyone else is experiencing the same issue.

good to have the link tho! Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones