• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] unSENSEable V2.1 |3D|Fast|Lite|Great Battery| Now Overclocking|Buttered Toast| 04/11/13 |

I would really appreciate it of you came up with a fix for Handcent SMS. Texting is mostly what I do & it bothers me not having Handcent working. Here's another bug that I don't particularly care about, but when opening Google Keep I get "google play services not available" But like I said please please please help me with Handcent! Thanks in advance lol

I will look into it. Can you test something for me. ????? Head over to XDA and grab the latest Buttered Toast Kernel. flash it and let me know if that fixes the issue?

Just like flashing a ROM. Just head over to the EVO 3D forums on XDA. Download buttered toast Just wipe cache and dalvik. Then flash

can you give me all of the links & steps I need? And these are regarding the Handcent SMS issue correct? & can i do it all just from the phone? I only have access to a Mac and you know how complicated that is lol

can you give me all of the links & steps I need? And these are regarding the Handcent SMS issue correct? & can i do it all just from the phone? I only have access to a Mac and you know how complicated that is lol

Buttered toast.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1927837&page=39

Just download the kernel. Reboot to recovery, Wipe dalvik cache , and flash. Just like you did my ROM. Let me know If that fixes your issues. If it does... Great. If not you will have the updated kernel . so no harm.

I'm still unsure about what issue you were trying to help me with but flashing the kernel fixed neither of them. Thanks for your help though lol. I'll be sure stay up-to-date with this forum for anymore updates :D

I now can't connect to wifi. In the kernel's forum someone downgraded to 17.5 that's what I'll do �� EDIT: If I knew where to get that ��

I'm having a lot of issues with battery life, but I can't figure out if it's the ROM, the phone, or the battery itself. Doing minimal (maybe 25-50) texts and some email checks, I nearly burn through the entire battery in an 8.5 hour work day. I don't use 4G, I don't have any notorious battery hogging apps running, I underclock when not in use, screen brightness/auto-off time is the absolute minimum, etc.

For the ROM: Admittedly, I have nothing to compare it to. I bought the Evo V through work, brought it home, and this was the first ROM I flashed to it. I haven't upgraded the kernel or anything; I'm using what's on the first post of the thread. I'm too lazy to flash another ROM though.

For the phone: I bought it used, but it was in pristine condition and looked like it had never been used at all. When I check what's eating the battery, the main offender seems to be the screen with cell standby and phone idle behind it. No apps are eating much as far as I can see.

For the battery: I have tried two different batteries, calibrated both twice, and it doesn't seem to help. Both are the standard HTC batteries; no China/Hong Kong crap. I keep the other one with me in case I need to switch to it though, that's how bad this issue is.

Do you have any ideas/tips on what I can do? I don't expect some super unreasonable amount of battery life, but I would like to get through a work day where I don't use the phone all that much and not have to worry about it dying. :P

I'm having a lot of issues with battery life, but I can't figure out if it's the ROM, the phone, or the battery itself. Doing minimal (maybe 25-50) texts and some email checks, I nearly burn through the entire battery in an 8.5 hour work day. I don't use 4G, I don't have any notorious battery hogging apps running, I underclock when not in use, screen brightness/auto-off time is the absolute minimum, etc.

For the ROM: Admittedly, I have nothing to compare it to. I bought the Evo V through work, brought it home, and this was the first ROM I flashed to it. I haven't upgraded the kernel or anything; I'm using what's on the first post of the thread. I'm too lazy to flash another ROM though.

For the phone: I bought it used, but it was in pristine condition and looked like it had never been used at all. When I check what's eating the battery, the main offender seems to be the screen with cell standby and phone idle behind it. No apps are eating much as far as I can see.

For the battery: I have tried two different batteries, calibrated both twice, and it doesn't seem to help. Both are the standard HTC batteries; no China/Hong Kong crap. I keep the other one with me in case I need to switch to it though, that's how bad this issue is.

Do you have any ideas/tips on what I can do? I don't expect some super unreasonable amount of battery life, but I would like to get through a work day where I don't use the phone all that much and not have to worry about it dying. :P

Have you tried the Save Power option Quick Settings?

I just downgraded kernel to 17.3 but I still have the wifi error. Could you give me a zip of the kernel this rom came with?

I'm using Team Win Recovery. I forgot to check which version. I'm already trying again.
EDIT: it's twrp 1.1.1. Also 4G no longer works either

If you guys are having bad battery life it isn't this ROM. I get insanely good battery life using this ROM.
And others do as well

Back
Top Bottom