• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM v3] 2.3.7 GingerXperia Revolution ROM for X8

hey guys!!

I have a big doubt.. i have a X8 and i recently upgraded it to GingerDX v.17 recently and i was bugging the forum with lots of questions.. lolz..

I also have a W8 mobile.. is the upgrading procedure same as X8 for W8 also??? please help me !!

hi every1
i upgrade my x8 from previous custom ROM 2.3.4 to this one v12
in factory version and rom 2.3.4 Google maps work fine
in this new version 12 Google maps CAN NOT LOCATE ME unable to find my location or something like that was the answer (when i am connected 2 my rooter)
also have problems with receiving config massage with setting 4 internet MMS ad all other stuff, The massage is sent to me from my provider but i do not receive it, while SMS from other contacts work fine
I need solution PLS help

it should work. but i saw that V12 dont have maps and i also cannot download it... strange. anyway i am using iGO for navigation ;)

i am running the gingerXperia v12 and i installed igo myway 8.4.2 and i am stuck at the eula screen, it goes past the border of the screen, and no matter what i try i can't get to the accept button to click it, who did you manage or what version did you install?

hi every1
i upgrade my x8 from previous custom ROM 2.3.4 to this one v12
in factory version and rom 2.3.4 Google maps work fine
in this new version 12 Google maps CAN NOT LOCATE ME unable to find my location or something like that was the answer (when i am connected 2 my rooter)
also have problems with receiving config massage with setting 4 internet MMS ad all other stuff, The massage is sent to me from my provider but i do not receive it, while SMS from other contacts work fine
I need solution PLS help

Hi,

MMS problem is not new... majority of the custom roms do not have MMS working properly.

Is your GPS switched on? You need both Wifi and GPS to get Google Maps to work. My Navigation & Google Maps worked fine. You can download and install Google Maps & try again.

i am running the gingerXperia v12 and i installed igo myway 8.4.2 and i am stuck at the eula screen, it goes past the border of the screen, and no matter what i try i can't get to the accept button to click it, who did you manage or what version did you install?

Hi,

This problem is not new.
Did you install from SD Card for did you install the app from Android Market?
I know a friend who is using Sygic Aura Drive and it works fine.

cheers :)
gabe

Hi,

MMS problem is not new... majority of the custom roms do not have MMS working properly.

Is your GPS switched on? You need both Wifi and GPS to get Google Maps to work. My Navigation & Google Maps worked fine. You can download and install Google Maps & try again.

Hi,

This problem is not new.
Did you install from SD Card for did you install the app from Android Market?
I know a friend who is using Sygic Aura Drive and it works fine.

gabe

my MMS working without any problem ... in V12 and V11:)

Hey guys!!

I posted many posts asking for help.. though i wasnt sufficiently assisted, i read some previous links, went to XDA Developers Forum, read their threads and finally the exact thread... it was the GingerDX v.19 thread and it had a add-on module too... i just put the add-on module in my SD card, rebooted it to ClockWorkMod and installed the add-on and rebooted it again.. AND NOW!!!! the dual touch or the multi-touch or the pinch to zoom works perfectly fine!!!

So anyone having the same problem as mine, can try the method i mentioned!! GOOD LUCK!! :):):)

hi all..

i've have installed gingerxperia v12. before this i used eclair 2.1. it works perfectly for me except wifi and mms issue plus the market does not installed on my phone.

1. wifi seems dont want to connect. it keeps say "obtaining IP address.." then it will be "disconnected" :confused:

2. mms cannot be send if data access was disabled. anyway to send mms without enable the data access? :confused:

did i miss something? i've follow all the instruction has been given. plus, i also have been try gingerdx but i've faced same problems. what seems to be the problem here? pls someone advice and help me on this..

thanks in advance..

Hi, thx for this new v13 version of your very good rom, I have two questions, how can I oc and uv? I've read there are the modules and setcpu don't allow me to do it.

Have I to partition sd for apps2sd? What kind of ext?

Very good work, thx again. :D

hello gabe... i jhave just installed v13 on my x8... it seems that everything works except that it doesnt recognize my SD card... I hade a same problem with all versions efter v6beta, which I have on my phone...
any thoughts...
thx

hello gabe... i jhave just installed v13 on my x8... it seems that everything works except that it doesnt recognize my SD card... I hade a same problem with all versions efter v6beta, which I have on my phone... any thoughts...
thx

Hi,

Happened to me once... Before you do anything try taking the SD Card out and clean it with a dust free cloth and put it back into your phone. Sometimes it is just pocket lint jamming the SD Card slot connectivity strips.

You have a few choices if the above didn't work... depending on the value of the data stored on your SD Card
1) try to mount your SD Card in your Xperia X8 with PC and do a backup

2) pull out your SD Card and try to use the an external adapter usb reader and try to do backup (this worked for me).

3) format the SD Card with your Xperia X8 using the current software (if your data is not valuable or you have a backup).

If you manage to backup your data then I suggest you format your SD Card using the phone's software. Or use you PC... the correct format is FAT32 and do not name your partition.

gabe

Hey everyone, I recently got an Xperia X8 (E15i) and I am completely new to Android. I installed CWM recovery and used it to flash GingerXperia on my X8. However, when it's flashed I'm stuck with booting and GingerXperia doesn't continue loading. I have to restore my 2.1 Eclair backup then.

Now, the problem is NOT Baseband 15, because I already got Baseband 15.... what am I doing wrong?

Hey everyone, I recently got an Xperia X8 (E15i) and I am completely new to Android. I installed CWM recovery and used it to flash GingerXperia on my X8. However, when it's flashed I'm stuck with booting and GingerXperia doesn't continue loading. I have to restore my 2.1 Eclair backup then.

Now, the problem is NOT Baseband 15, because I already got Baseband 15.... what am I doing wrong?

Download the GingerXperia v13 from the first page and install it using xRecovery.

Still not working. I tried flashing it and I got the same boot loop as before... I really, really want to use a more recent updated Android version on my X8... :(

hi Gabe,

Why is my phone keep on vibrate when in call, and when my phone automatically change to ROAM which my service provider lack of coverage and automatically change to other service. Any solution for that?

I want to say thanks to all who made this ROM.
After hard work (really hard), when i was struck in Permission on installing xRecover i successfully installed GingerXperia v13.
Its new and nice for me,but the booting time is around 3 minutes.
System runs fast,lets see after some days.
Thanks ;-)

hi Gabe,

Why is my phone keep on vibrate when in call, and when my phone automatically change to ROAM which my service provider lack of coverage and automatically change to other service. Any solution for that?

Hi,

I am not sure about the vibrate when in call.I am using this rom but it does not behave this way when I make calls or receive calls.

For the service provider you can change the network provider as follows:
<Settings><Wireless & networks><Mobile networks><Network operators>

Allow the smartphone to search for all available network providers and select the one that you prefer (instead of <automatic>).

gabe

How do you guys backup when flashing this software on, because before I flashed I used backup and restore then when it flashed I couldn't find the backup and restore no more in gingerxperia v13....
I'm looking to backup my contacts and saved txt messages
Thanks guys

How do you guys backup when flashing this software on, because before I flashed I used backup and restore then when it flashed I couldn't find the backup and restore no more in gingerxperia v13....
I'm looking to backup my contacts and saved txt messages
Thanks guys

After you have installed GingerXperia,hold Power Button until you will see menu.
There are 3 choices - Reboot/xRecovery and the last one i dont remember.
You just chose xRecovery and phone will reboot and after short time you will see xRecovery.
Hope it helps

Back
Top Bottom