• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM v3] 2.3.7 GingerXperia Revolution ROM for X8

Hello again,

after severall tries, at first it won't find the X8, then using SE Compagnion it find the X8.
I've done the Flash using your tool. The "rooting" was not possible.
But after turning on the phone again, it's went in a loop. I disconnected also the battery, but it continues to loop.
What can I do now?

Thanks already for your fast help.

greatings,
Myk499

Hello again,

after severall tries, at first it won't find the X8, then using SE Compagnion it find the X8.
I've done the Flash using your tool. The "rooting" was not possible.
But after turning on the phone again, it's went in a loop. I disconnected also the battery, but it continues to loop.
What can I do now?

Thanks already for your fast help.

greatings,
Myk499

Hi,

if "The "rooting" was not possible" you will not be able to install your custom rom. I suggest you go back to Android Eclair 2.1 using PC Companion.

or do some more homework and research how to root your Xperia X8.

cheers :)
gabe

Hi Gabe,
i have installed v18, have noted a few hikups on my X8.
1. When i connect to a wifi network ( via my wireless router) phone reboots when the screen times out on a 1min delay.
2. Market crashes when i try to download or update new app.

and thanks for the DSP manager in V18 the sound is super great more boost and bass effect..

cheers mate

Hi,

reinstall the rom and use xRecovery...
<factory reset full wipe>

check SD Card folder
<Android><data> does not have purchases from old Market app
and make sure android.secure folder is empty

gabe

Hi Gabe,
i have installed v18, have noted a few hikups on my X8.
1. When i connect to a wifi network ( via my wireless router) phone reboots when the screen times out on a 1min delay.
2. Market crashes when i try to download or update new app.

and thanks for the DSP manager in V18 the sound is super great more boost and bass effect..

cheers mate :)

Hello,
please can you help me?
I installed V 17, but after reboot, my X 8 won't go furhter then the first display ( sony Ericson ). I've tried with de right "return" button, but nothing happens. Couldn't shutdown by pressing the top buttom also. I' ve also removed the battery, but no result. How can I resolve this problem.
Big thanks in advance.
Myk499;
Hi,
i agree with you. i also bricked my X8 when i tried to install V17.
here is what i did to get it back and running.
i used the option of PC companion. But you can also use Flash Tool and also download the Generic Rom.
1.Start PC companion ---> support Zone-->phone software update---> Start.
2. Remove battery while its still at "white Sony ericsson welcome" screen ( Normal Power Button Shutdown Dosent work).
3.Plug your USB cable to PC then while holding back key insert USB into Phone USB slot (with PC companion Started as above)
4.it will do some updating and will install phone drivers and then you will be presented with a list of phone,choose X8
5. seat back wait for phone software to download fully. one done follow screen instructions and thats it you are back with Android 2.1 unrooted.
6. You can follow the steps about how to root your X8 to install V18 which works pretty much well dispite issues with market app but you can go round it by doing a full wipe in xRecovery...enjoy let us know how it goes.:rolleyes:

I've just rooted and installed gingerxperia, so thanks to everyone who has contributed and made gingerxperia possible.

Question - I'd like to clear as much space as possible on my sd card. Is it ok to coompletely delete everything on the card now that gingerxperia is installed on my phone?

I have the backup of my previous rom saved on my computer.
I haven't installed any apps yet apart from 1 app.

Can I just wipe my sd card and then start installing my apps onto it?

Hello,

big thanks for helping me by this way.
My problems are luckely resolved.
I've noticed by trying to install the V 17, that it makes a remarke about a "kernel version", wich must be "06" (maybe about the baseband). Mine X8 baseband was ending at 15.

Sincere greatings,
Myk499

I've just rooted and installed gingerxperia, so thanks to everyone who has contributed and made gingerxperia possible.

Question - I'd like to clear as much space as possible on my sd card. Is it ok to coompletely delete everything on the card now that gingerxperia is installed on my phone?

I have the backup of my previous rom saved on my computer.
I haven't installed any apps yet apart from 1 app.

Can I just wipe my sd card and then start installing my apps onto it?

Hi,

Yes, you can use your Xperia X8 to format your SD Card since you have not installed any apps yet.

gabe

Hello,

big thanks for helping me by this way.
My problems are luckely resolved.
I've noticed by trying to install the V 17, that it makes a remarke about a "kernel version", wich must be "06" (maybe about the baseband). Mine X8 baseband was ending at 15.

Sincere greatings,
Myk499

Hi,

Yes, stock kernel can be used on this rom.
baseband version is suppose to be stock 015.

gabe

Is it possible to get Google Voice Search working?

I've installed it but every time i try to use it i get a message on screen saying; "The application voice search has stopped unexpectedly"

I'm very new to this rooting/rom stuff so maybe I've missed something obvious..for example is there a list somewhere of apps that should work with gingerxperia and apps that are known not to work with gingerxperia?

hi gabe! thanks for being so active in this forum...this really brings out the potential of our X8!Though there are some concerns about V17..

i upgraded my phone to v18 from v12, and realizing the crappy connection it has with the android market, i opted to degrade to v17..before degrading, i checked my baseband and it said "unknown" and degrade anyway (learned my lesson) so i ended up in a boot loop...

followed your instructions (thanks by the way) and ended up back with 2.1 with baseband ending with 015....this time i installed v17 (using xRecovery) still and i dont know why, but i ended up with a boot loop...did you personally tried V17? i was hoping that people will be warned about it because it would be just a waste of time fixing a boot loop again and again...

:D:D

hi gabe! thanks for being so active in this forum...this really brings out the potential of our X8!Though there are some concerns about V17..

i upgraded my phone to v18 from v12, and realizing the crappy connection it has with the android market, i opted to degrade to v17..before degrading, i checked my baseband and it said "unknown" and degrade anyway (learned my lesson) so i ended up in a boot loop...

followed your instructions (thanks by the way) and ended up back with 2.1 with baseband ending with 015....this time i installed v17 (using xRecovery) still and i dont know why, but i ended up with a boot loop...did you personally tried V17? i was hoping that people will be warned about it because it would be just a waste of time fixing a boot loop again and again...

:D:D

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you have bad experiences with V17 & V18.
Are you going to try V19?

I am still using V14 because there is an update every 14 days
so I don't bother to upgrade.

I only update if there is a bug I cannot live with or there it is a better ROM

gabe

Hi,
I have tried out v19,
works super fine and thanks no more issue with Market App works jst that fine.
and also the walkman is jst super great..
gabe you are the man..big ups

Cheers:p

Zichie

Is it possible to get Google Voice Search working?

I've installed it but every time i try to use it i get a message on screen saying; "The application voice search has stopped unexpectedly"

I'm very new to this rooting/rom stuff so maybe I've missed something obvious..for example is there a list somewhere of apps that should work with gingerxperia and apps that are known not to work with gingerxperia?

I really appreciate evryone who has contributed to gingerxperia. I love it. Just changed the cpu settings and my phone seems much more responsive than before.

couple of minor problems

1 - i installed market 3.3.12 but it crashes sometimes. if anyone is using gingerxperia and has a stable market then can you please tell me which market version you are using?

2 - has anyone got googles new voice actions app working?

Hello,

since I've gotten also problems with installing the V 17 ( from same "Odex" like V 19 ?), I use V 14, in wich I'm very pleased to use.
I'll waite to upgrade untill I notice that here are no problems/bugs with the V 19.

Greatings,
Myk499

Hello,

since I've gotten also problems with installing the V 17 ( from same "Odex" like V 19 ?), I use V 14, in wich I'm very pleased to use.
I'll waite to upgrade untill I notice that here are no problems/bugs with the V 19.

Greatings,
Myk499

i installed version 19 and it hasnt given me any problems so far. i used xRecovery to custom instal morelike an upgrade so that i get to keepall my apps and data..

cheers

Hi,
i really appreciate your work. my x8 would be a junk without your upgrades, because of the sony ericssons bad customer care policy. i used every ROMs after V14.
recently i upgraded in to V19 also. it is far more better than previous versions. i like the interfaces very much. they are much more professional than previous versions(Phonebook, menus, glow effect..etc.). it is good, if you can keep the interfaces as it is when you are doing further improvements to the ROM.

There are some issues i like to point-out;
1. DSP Manager is missing. i like the DSP Manager very much. is there a way to install it
manually?
2. xLoude is not working.

again i really appreciate your work
Thanks

I did this to my w8 and Yes It helps but I encountered problems! My Battery Drains so fast! I already did Reboot>xRecovery>Advance>Battery Wipe But stil no changes , and sometimes My Applications randomize I mean they didn't stay at the same position gabeyong I Need your help!

I did this to my w8 and Yes It helps but I encountered problems! My Battery Drains so fast! I already did Reboot>xRecovery>Advance>Battery Wipe But stil no changes , and sometimes My Applications randomize I mean they didn't stay at the same position gabeyong I Need your help!

Hi,

I am not sure that this rom actually works on the W8.
I know that the developer has tested it on his Xperia X8.

gabe

hi.i upgraded my somy ericsson x8 to froyo 0.3 but i have losted my own 2.1 android upgrade in x recovery,now in which site can i get that android back up?

Hi Gabe,

Long time been off from here. Please tell me if i can do the below.

I am planning to upgrade from GingerDxv017 to Gingerxperia v19 from (didn't want to flash kernel and very complicated linux dx stuff , also some of the members have tried v19 and seem to be happy)

Steps you had already given
1.copy the rom to sd card
2.flash it with cwm

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom