• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM v3] 2.3.7 GingerXperia Revolution ROM for X8

Hi Gabe,

Long time been off from here. Please tell me if i can do the below.

I am planning to upgrade from GingerDxv017 to Gingerxperia v19 from (didn't want to flash kernel and very complicated linux dx stuff , also some of the members have tried v19 and seem to be happy)

Steps you had already given
1.copy the rom to sd card
2.flash it with cwm

Thanks in advance.

I can say it's a really great rom for our little android, it run smooth and have a good battery life.

Hi Suninside,

From which version of ROM you upgraded to Gingerxperiav19 ? I am currently having Gingerdxv17

Can you brief the steps here ( although it is given earlier by gabe and others), i would like to hear from you(if possible) as you have upgraded it recently and there might be some steps not needed or essentially needed.

It will also be useful to others.

In this weekend, as Gabe and others recommended, wanted to test out the Gingerxperia v19, I was already on GingerDxv17, I was sceptic whether i could simply do the v19 upgrade without big work, anyway took courage.
The following are the steps i followed
1.Took CWM Backup of my phone and transferred it to the pc
2.Took Contact backup and copied to pc
3.downloaded the v19 rom(104MB) from the link given here(Istpage) by Gabe, my v17 is only 84MB in size.
4.copied it from pc to sd card
5.rebooted phone to cwm -> install custom zip -> pointed to v19.zip
took 5 mins to finish everything and i rebooted the phone.
Did not do <factory reset> full wipe or whatever
6. after install rebooted the phone found the gingerxperia logo
7.Checked and found that the menus and the icons were all similar to the stock(2.1) interface, I wondered for a minute if i had gone to 2.1
as there was no major change except walkman,walkmate, a few dev apps.

I tried to tweak some interface settings and the phone hanged, so i had to take the battery out and put it again.
Once it came up , i was able to connect to wifi, mobile data and seems like it had all the things necessary.
On sunday i did a battery charge ( below 20% ) to full charge and by sunday evening, it dropped 30% , i switched it off as usual in the night and monday morning, it has discharged another 20% :-(
I feel the phone has slowed now ( not sure if that is because of the v19 )

My observation
1. I feel the gingerdxv17 has far better batterylife and superb interface compared to the gingerxperiav19 which is following the stock rom interface.

I would like to have this for a week and then probably will want to go back to v17.

I believe it would be again straightforward download v17 ( oh i already have it ) and do custom install zip from cwm.

Cheers to everyone and Have a great christmans and new year.

hi...
i already update my X* to 2.3.5
the problem i had is i can't sending mms and cannot download apps from market android please help me!!

hey guys how can i install xrecovery in my xperia x8
once tried but its not working, when i tried to copy busybox file in to system folder via root explorer, but phone sayed can not copy this is read only memory,
what can i do for update my phone

Hello,
may I ask how you get that auto "update" for the V14, wich I use also.
It likes me very interessting.

big thanks in advance.

Greatings, Myk499

hi guy i need some help.
i already update my x8 to v19.the problem im facing was my contact,mms and download from market.i already restore back my old file from eclair 2.1.1 but the contact cannot be seeing.sorry for my bad english

hey guys how can i install xrecovery in my xperia x8
once tried but its not working, when i tried to copy busybox file in to system folder via root explorer, but phone sayed can not copy this is read only memory,
what can i do for update my phone

hi

you have to select <Mount R/W> before you paste the files.

cheers :)
gabe

Hey..
I really liked your post....it ws very helpfull...
I am done with the backing up part...
but nw i am unable to find the appropriate setup of gingerbread 2.3.5 for my xperia x8...
can u pls provide me with the best 2.3.5 setup..??

Hi

In My phone x8 2.1 eclair the application is runs automatically. That means when i standby my phone with kill all running application. then after standby when i see in task manager their is lots of application is running. i dont know why its open automatically. so i cant understand what should i do to solve this problem..
do. plz help..

And How can i increase my battery life?

Hi

In My phone x8 2.1 eclair the application is runs automatically. That means when i standby my phone with kill all running application. then after standby when i see in task manager their is lots of application is running. i dont know why its open automatically. so i cant understand what should i do to solve this problem..
do. plz help..

And How can i increase my battery life?

Hi,

Android applications running in the background does not use a lot of battery.
You cannot kill all running apps as some run services that are required for the phone to function properly.

Alternatively install Titanium Backup to freezing Apps that you do not use but are constantly running in the background.

The best way to preserve battery life is to charge fully and use your phone normally for a day and check your battery usage in <settings> to see what is the battery consumption and try to adjust using that stats.

The common way is as follows:
1) Display screen set to lowest brightness settings
2) Switch off - Wifi, GPS and 3G
3) Turn off all notifications (e.g. Facebook, Twitter and Gmail Notifications)
4) Freeze apps that you don't use (e.g. What's App Messenger)

gabe

Hello, i installed V19 on my x8, everything works fine only Walkman wont start, any fix for that ?

Thank you!

EDIT:And my SD card wont work after install V19 :(

Hello, i installed V19 on my x8, everything works fine only Walkman wont start, any fix for that ?

Thank you!

Hi,

Whenever I change ROM I usually format my SD Card.
Old data on the SD Card might cause problems with the newer ROM

example: if old data is present in /sd card/Android folder & /sd card .Android_secure folder - Android Market app stops working or starts but eventually stalls and forced close. Also all installed apps on your SD Card will not work as well.

Walkman scans your SD Card's media folder for music mp3 files so there might be issues with your SD Card.

gabe

@Gabeyong Need help with my w8 I upgraded it into 2.3.7 android and I encountered problems in running my walkman application each time I minimize the application it closes and other application like games causes unexpected shutdown or reboot what should I do? please Answer as soon as possible , if you don't have much time to answer please answer my question regarding on how to run my walkman application properly so i can play music while playing games ,

Thank you!

I have the same problem with my 8GB SD card. I tried formatting the card and erase option from the phone, still not working.

I put my 4GB SD card and it works!

@gabeyong:
Is there any limitation on the size of SD Card?
My SD cards both use FAT32 btw.

Thanks for your work.

@Gabeyong Need help with my w8 I upgraded it into 2.3.7 android and I encountered problems in running my walkman application each time I minimize the application it closes and other application like games causes unexpected shutdown or reboot what should I do? please Answer as soon as possible , if you don't have much time to answer please answer my question regarding on how to run my walkman application properly so i can play music while playing games ,

Hi,

I don't know much about W8.

Did you do a factory reset full wipe before you install the rom?
Always do a factory reset full wipe & wipe cache partition when you install a new rom. And reformat your sd card after you install a new rom. Hope that helps.

gabe

I have the same problem with my 8GB SD card. I tried formatting the card and erase option from the phone, still not working.

I put my 4GB SD card and it works!

@gabeyong:
Is there any limitation on the size of SD Card?
My SD cards both use FAT32 btw.

Thanks for your work.

Hi,

If you are using Froyo or Gingerbread the max SD Card support is 32GB.
I think your 8GB SD Card is corrupted (happened to me once :))
You might want to re-partition and reformat to FAT32

gabe

Hi,

If you are using Froyo or Gingerbread the max SD Card support is 32GB.
I think your 8GB SD Card is corrupted (happened to me once :))
You might want to re-partition and reformat to FAT32

gabe

No my 8GB sd card is fine, I can use it on my other devices.
And I think this has been broken since v14.
Also the Location (GPS, WIFI) functionality is not working either.
It's almost perfect but unfortunately the GPS functionality is a deal-breaker for me. I'm thinking of going back to SE original ROM.
Thanks.

I am now using ginger xperia v21 everything is great but i have a problem. When i add a contact it doesnt give me the option to save the contact to my phone. Everytime i add a contact it saves to my google account......i tried pressing on the top to change it but nothing happens.Is it suppose to be like this or is there a way i can perhaps change it?

I am now using ginger xperia v21 everything is great but i have a problem. When i add a contact it doesnt give me the option to save the contact to my phone. Everytime i add a contact it saves to my google account......i tried pressing on the top to change it but nothing happens.Is it suppose to be like this or is there a way i can perhaps change it?

Hi,

Yes, your contacts are linked to the Google gmail account you have signed in.
Yes, you can sign out and not use your Google Gmail account... that really means that you have no access to Google Mail, Contacts and Calendar services from your Google Account (i.e stand alone phone).

gabe

help i can't change the permissions. it says some file system like sd card does not allow changes.... how can i hace it done?

Back
Top Bottom