• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM v3] 2.3.7 GingerXperia Revolution ROM for X8

Anyone else getting terrible battery drain with V21b?

My battery seems to be the same :D
I am really happy with the upgrade, my phone is so much faster!!!
The only thing I'm having a problem with, is linking Facebook, Linkedin, etc to my contacts. I click <add account> they are all there, but when I click eg.<Facebook>, it goes back, but only my Google account is there.:confused::confused:
Any ideas??

Hey Gabe,
First, I would like to offer you a BIG thank you for this fantastic ROM. However, I seem to have run unto some difficulties, and would really like your help... (I am using v14 presently).

I am not sure if others have noticed, but I am not able to change my battery status style to "percentage". Also, I am unable to see any album art as well as the name of the song on my lockscreen when any song is playing even after enabling both in "settings".

Another thing I wish to ask you is whether uninstalling any pre-installed apps (such as the e-mail app, google voice etc) using "titanium backup" could cause me to lose any functionality in my phone, due to any app being linked to a library or something (I am just guessing, I have negligible knowledge of Android's inner workings...)

I would be really grateful if you could answer my queries. Thanks in advance.

hello... thanks for the rom.. actually I'm using V21b... and the problem is that when I'm running walkman and I open app.. it gets closed.. it also happens when I'm using mercury mobile.. any suggestion?? THANKS

Hi

I just recently upgraded my X8 ROM to v21b and...I have some questions here I'd like to ask...

1. My battery drains twice as before! I had 2.1.1 Eclair on my handset before, and the battery usage is normal...but after I root and install the ROM, the battery usage is somewhat fastens up...I have tried clearing the battery stat like the first post told me, and I'm still looking forward its progress...or should I replace my battery?
  2. before, I installed Easy battery saver+task killer, with scheduling option enabled, but after I installed v21b, it seems like the app isn't working...the scheduling doesn't start, just doesn't feel like it works. should I replace it with another batt saver apps?
I really appreciate any help :)

P.S: I just realized that v22 has been released. If I want to upgrade my v21b to v22, is it necessary to factory reset like when I installed v21b for the first time?

Hi

I just recently upgraded my X8 ROM to v21b and...I have some questions here I'd like to ask...

1. My battery drains twice as before! I had 2.1.1 Eclair on my handset before, and the battery usage is normal...but after I root and install the ROM, the battery usage is somewhat fastens up...I have tried clearing the battery stat like the first post told me, and I'm still looking forward its progress...or should I replace my battery?
  2. before, I installed Easy battery saver+task killer, with scheduling option enabled, but after I installed v21b, it seems like the app isn't working...the scheduling doesn't start, just doesn't feel like it works. should I replace it with another batt saver apps?
I really appreciate any help :)

P.S: I just realized that v22 has been released. If I want to upgrade my v21b to v22, is it necessary to factory reset like when I installed v21b for the first time?

Hi,

So sorry to hear that your battery is draining too quickly.
I think you can go ahead and update to V22.

I always do a factory reset full wipe before I install any custom rom.
It just helps me to remember what went wrong with the install by eliminating doubt.

btw... I am still using v14... It works fine.

cheers :)
gabe

Hi,

So sorry to hear that your battery is draining too quickly.
I think you can go ahead and update to V22.

I always do a factory reset full wipe before I install any custom rom.
It just helps me to remember what went wrong with the install by eliminating doubt.

btw... I am still using v14... It works fine.

gabe

yeah...finally decided to take a shot on v22 :D

v21b was great...but the batt just drained too much I can't tolerate anymore :(
I'm backing up now using Titanium Backup.

thx Gabe

EDIT:

I have installed the v22 and see if the battery life is longer or not :D

Hi Gabe,

First of all, thank you for giving value to this wonderful phone. I have recently installed v22.

I'm just encountering a problem connecting to our company's wifi since I started using GingerXperia. Settings are: PEAP->MSCHAP, using AD account for username/password. It was working well using the original firmware.

Hope you can help me with this as I am synching my company email with this phone.

Thanks,
Ian

Hi,

I reverted back to v21b. It seems I am not getting HSPDA/3G signal on the new update, only Edge. Also, the GPS is always on even though its switched off.

hey gabe .. first thankyou for this thread you helped me change my phone and play games also :D 2. i would like to ask which ROM(version) are you using and why ?? 3. is 22 ready to be installed ? i mean no bugs etc ?

HI all the links to the roms are not working as the upload site has been taken down in the crappy us,please can you give a new link on this site or is there a pm facility we can as no point in develping if we cant give what we create thanks:mad:

I just updated my x8 from v21b to v23 last night and now I have noticed a sharp decrease in battery life :(

I turn off my wifi / mobile data / sync / GPS at night and at work. In the last 18hrs (from midnight) my phone has dropped to 17% battery!!! The stats show that the top 3 for battery consumption were Display 39%, Mobile Standby 20% and Phone Idle 18%.

Mobile Standby & Phone Idle used to make up about 5-6% together on v21b !!!

Can anyone help me track down the cause please, or confirm the issue?

Thanks
DJJ

my review on v23:

still no sign of improvement on battery life...I had 2G only mobile network, with JuiceDefender as battery management tool...but still no better than v21b or v22 I installed the other day :(

also, I keep on getting constant crashes from calllogplugin or so...

and to sum things up, USB tethering fails.

did I do anything wrong?

I have and always trying for some gingerexperia rom-x8 n' i find these:
v23:can't use multitouch
v21b:too many energy used by the system
v12:so good for anything but the video recording stop in every 3 seconds
now i'm using v19, and so far so beautiful n' nice srom.
Thank You a lot of good hard job.
peace,......:)

i love u all

Hi
Really loved ur rom.just one small issue that i am facing is that when i have my music playing if i try and take a call thru my head set by clicking the button on the handset it cuts my call

1. My basehand version is like this : xxxxx-xxxxxxxxx-xxxxx015 , is it ok?
2. If i change to 2.3.5 my contacts will be lost?

Thanks!

1. My basehand version is like this : xxxxx-xxxxxxxxx-xxxxx015 , is it ok?
2. If i change to 2.3.5 my contacts will be lost?

Thanks!

1. yes it is ok .
2. u can save contacts to your sim because u will have to factory wipe your cell before installation ..

Hey,

since i updated to vers. 21b AND now 23, i have Problems with the Notifications. When i`m using Apps, that should give me notification when an Event arrives, it doesn`t work. For Example: When I`m using Messenger from Facebook, it gets the new Massages, but don`t show me any notification....

Hi gabeyong

i'v got some problem after installed GingerXperia v23
1. My facebook app won't sync with my contacts.
2. i got this error randomly - The application Call log extension (process com.sonyericsson.eventstream.calllogplugin)has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Everytime i need to force close and it annoyed me :(
3. Okay this is pretty dumb question... is multi touch aka pinch to zoom function in GingerXperia v23? Because i cannot multi touch...

Thx for reading my post and hope u can guide me a way out of this :)

I install it and i get an error at com.sonyericsson.eventstream.calllogplugin. Whats this?

I had the same problem. just delete it it in the apps, its some process that is connected with timespace i belive. i didnt nedd it so a deleted it in the system/apps...
very simple
have a nice day
p.s delete all others event stream plugins just to be sure, even the time space... it is a shit app anyway

Hi gabeyong

i'v got some problem after installed GingerXperia v23
1. My facebook app won't sync with my contacts.
2. i got this error randomly - The application Call log extension (process com.sonyericsson.eventstream.calllogplugin)has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Everytime i need to force close and it annoyed me :(
3. Okay this is pretty dumb question... is multi touch aka pinch to zoom function in GingerXperia v23? Because i cannot multi touch...

Thx for reading my post and hope u can guide me a way out of this :)

Hi,

sorry the facebook contacts cannot sync properly...
it is a major problem of interface with facebook.

Xperia X8 does not have multi-touch

gabeyong

Back
Top Bottom