• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM v3] 2.3.7 GingerXperia Revolution ROM for X8

hey im also facing the same issue from 2 days.. guyzz plz fix it soon or is there any alternative for this issue..?

Hi,

You might wanna try GingerFire v2 it is based on the GingerXperia v22 but the dev has fixed all the bugs.

Also b4 you flash the ROM you must...

full factory reset (full wipe)
wipe everything
Wipe Dalvik Cache
Wipe System
Wipe Battery Stats

cheers :)
gabe

Hi,

You might wanna try GingerFire v2 it is based on the GingerXperia v22 but the dev has fixed all the bugs.

Also b4 you flash the ROM you must...

full factory reset (full wipe)
wipe everything
Wipe Dalvik Cache
Wipe System
Wipe Battery Stats

gabe

i just wana ask, gingerfire or gingerfast? thanks :D

Hi,

I have instaled ROM V23 and its great but i have an issue with the data connection. I cannot find 3G signal and 2G navigation is not working. The same thing with ROM V22. I restored Eclair 2.1 from the backup i made and i continue with the problem. It is possible that the change of the baseband to 015 is causing this? If so, how can i restore the baseband version? I would apreciate any help.

PD: I live in Colombia and UMTS/HSDPA frequency 850Mhz (Just in case)

Thanks!

Hi,

I have instaled ROM V23 and its great but i have an issue with the data connection. I cannot find 3G signal and 2G navigation is not working. The same thing with ROM V22. I restored Eclair 2.1 from the backup i made and i continue with the problem. It is possible that the change of the baseband to 015 is causing this? If so, how can i restore the baseband version? I would apreciate any help.

PD: I live in Colombia and UMTS/HSDPA frequency 850Mhz (Just in case)

Thanks!
gabeyong gave me the solution in another thread! I flashed my phone whit
E15a_X8a_2.1.1.A.0.6_Baseband_015.7z baseband and 3g is working again. I instaled ROM V23 again and everything is working fine!

basebands

Thanks for your help!

Hi Gabe.. I need help, just installed v23 was able to use fine til i tried to go to android market. Market is working i was able to view apps but when i download any apps it just say downloading and it wont finished. Tried to wait even 30mins but same thing.. just loading the status bar but wont finish.. Already tried reinstalling the ROM and use full wipe before installing the v23 ROM but still the same.Tried reverting back to default ROM(Eclair) and market is working.Tried to read the previous page but cant find anything. Please help me cant download apps i used to have.. TIA!

Hi Gabe.. I need help, just installed v23 was able to use fine til i tried to go to android market. Market is working i was able to view apps but when i download any apps it just say downloading and it wont finished. Tried to wait even 30mins but same thing.. just loading the status bar but wont finish.. Already tried reinstalling the ROM and use full wipe before installing the v23 ROM but still the same.Tried reverting back to default ROM(Eclair) and market is working.Tried to read the previous page but cant find anything. Please help me cant download apps i used to have.. TIA!

Hi,

have you tried deleting your .android_secure folder data in your sd card.
your data cache is for your old version market.
all else fails you may have to do the full wipe...

Factory reset (full wipe)
Wipe dalvik cache
Wipe system cache

gabe

i m using GINGERFAST V2 now since i was facing some problem in gingerxperia v23....

and now my phone is smooth and working fine!! :D

Thanks Gabe

Tried to do it but same thing happened. I've even reformat sd card before reinstalling the ROM but same thing.. Also tried v22 but same thing happened when i try to download apps on market.. anyone has workaround for this? need help cant enjoy my gingerxperia without the apps.

Thanks Gabe

Tried to do it but same thing happened. I've even reformat sd card before reinstalling the ROM but same thing.. Also tried v22 but same thing happened when i try to download apps on market.. anyone has workaround for this? need help cant enjoy my gingerxperia without the apps.

Hi,

you can try the new update GingerDX v23b or GingerFast v2...

gabe

ok :D i guess i'll try it. i just can't decide cause there are only few comments on xda forum :D

Gingerfast v2 is a very fast rom with few issues and is pretty much up to date with the exception of a couple of apps. With a fresh install it got good quadrant scores. But after install I did a bit of tweaking on it myself. Fully deodexed, wifi adhoc enabled, fully working wireless N (its already enabled but wouldnt stay connected) changed a few things to free up ram and got rid of some useless system apps as well. Made it alot faster, and smoother. Only problems Im having now is that playing anything over 240p with flash player is a little laggy and my internet is nearly 512kbps slower then the stock rom. Working on both now. I can post my tweaks if anybody wants them. Might help with issues on this rom or other roms as well. Thx goes to Gingerfast devs and GingerXperia devs since Gingerfast was based off GingerXperia.

just istalled gingerfast v2. Its awesome. Works perfectly and managed to install without a hitch. Thanks 2 gabe and anobody else who made this happen. Hoping for ice cream sandwich upgrade soon:D

Gabe,

Tried Gingerfast v2 but same thing. Even tried GingerDx ROM but exact same thing happened..

Seems like i cant download using play store(market) on any ROM except when i revert the stock ROM.

Is there issue with the play store(market)?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Gabe,

Tried Gingerfast v2 but same thing. Even tried GingerDx ROM but exact same thing happened..

Seems like i cant download using play store(market) on any ROM except when i revert the stock ROM.

Is there issue with the play store(market)?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

Last resort...
you have to backup your apps and sd card data and reformat sd card using your phone. Re-install all your apps and copy your data back to your sd card.

gabe

Hi,

Last resort...
you have to backup your apps and sd card data and reformat sd card using your phone. Re-install all your apps and copy your data back to your sd card.

gabe

Thanks for all the help Gabe..

Found the problem now. Its not the custom roms but my router. I think its blocking the download from my phone. Tried to download apps using other network(piggybacking from my neighbor's open wireless) and it work perfectly fine and able to finish the download. Now I have to figure out which firewall or security settings is blocking it. Anyone had the same issue please share. I'm using linksys E1000. Thanks so much gabe.

Thanks for all the help Gabe..

Found the problem now. Its not the custom roms but my router. I think its blocking the download from my phone. Tried to download apps using other network(piggybacking from my neighbor's open wireless) and it work perfectly fine and able to finish the download. Now I have to figure out which firewall or security settings is blocking it. Anyone had the same issue please share. I'm using linksys E1000. Thanks so much gabe.

Hi,

If that is the case just add your Xperia X8 - MAC ID to your router.
It should be working...

gabe

hi.. gabe

i'm using gingerxperia v23 it's awesome. .. but i want to try using gingerfast v2..can i using cwm from gx v23 to instal it.. or i should to go back with the eclair rom first .. please tell me ..what should i do

Thanks gabe :)

hi.. gabe

i'm using gingerxperia v23 it's awesome. .. but i want to try using gingerfast v2..can i using cwm from gx v23 to instal it.. or i should to go back with the eclair rom first .. please tell me ..what should i do

Thanks gabe :)

Hi,

GingerFast V2 is just a tweaked version of GingerXperia v22.
If you like GingerXperia V23 just stay with it.

Otherwise you can use xRecovery to flash GingerFast v2.
There is no need to go back to Eclair 2.1.1

just remember to wipe everything before you flash the custom rom.

gabe

...i have a little problem on gingerxperia v23.. my bluetooth not working and everytime i connect to the internet (wifi ).. when i'm not using it (like browsing, downloading or idle mode ) my phone always restart by it self.. so that why i want to try the gingerfast v2 maybe .. this rom will slove my problem..

thank you any way...thank a alot gabe :)

...i have a little problem on gingerxperia v23.. my bluetooth not working and everytime i connect to the internet (wifi ).. when i'm not using it (like browsing, downloading or idle mode ) my phone always restart by it self.. so that why i want to try the gingerfast v2 maybe .. this rom will slove my problem..

thank you any way...thank a alot gabe :)

Hi,

make sure you wipe everything before you install GingerFast v2.
I would even wipe battery stats...

Factory reset (full wipe)
Wipe dalvik cache
Wipe system cache

gabe

Back
Top Bottom