• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM v3] 2.3.7 GingerXperia Revolution ROM for X8

Hi Gabe, any news about an ICS porting?

Hi,

None of the developers have a fully working ICS 4.0+ custom rom for Xperia X8 yet. There are still some bugs to work out. Still waiting...

I will let forum members know as soon as a fully working ICS 4.0+ custom rom for Xperia X8 is out.

cheers :)
gabe

hi gabe.. it'me again
i'm using the gingerfast v2... i just wondering if you have any update for this rom cause i can,t paly the hd game ( nfs shift etc )in here .. or may be you can help

i'm realy apreciate it

Thanks gabe

Cheers :)

hi gabe.. it'me again
i'm using the gingerfast v2... i just wondering if you have any update for this rom cause i can,t paly the hd game ( nfs shift etc )in here .. or may be you can help

i'm realy apreciate it

Thanks gabe

Cheers :)

Hi,

I don't play games but most HD games are optimised for a particular model of phones. but I don't think you can play HD games on the X8 cause of the screen resolution of the X8 screen is not HD.

gabe

hi gabe...,
m using gingerfast v2. its working fine on my w8:) , but games like dead space which were working on ginger v18 is not running on gignerfast v2. mainly i wanted a rom for gaming on my w8. could you plz suggest to me some good roms which supports games like dead space, and one more thing i have noticed that in gingerfast 2 multi touch is in multitouch test application but not working in games....

thanks gabe

i delet the call log extension from root unistaller how i reset the app again in my sys and i have't the backup

Hi,

You don't wanna do that. Trust me I have deleted and re-copied different files in and out of my system/bin folder. It really isn't stable.

Best thing is to re-flash the ROM.

Backup your apps.
factory reset (full wipe)
wipe cache partition
wipe battery stats

re-install the ROM.

gabe

Hi,

You don't wanna do that. Trust me I have deleted and re-copied different files in and out of my system/bin folder. It really isn't stable.

Best thing is to re-flash the ROM.

Backup your apps.
factory reset (full wipe)
wipe cache partition
wipe battery stats

re-install the ROM.

gabe

Thanks Gabe

But you are asking me to re-install the Rom affection again something difficult, but the device since this moment with me and works completely without any problems

Is it also has to be to work the system and re-install the Rom or not, needs and completed on this system

and I need to solve this problem in the program every time Twitter needs to type the password and if this worked for a re-run is there a solution to this problem

I am currently using gingerxperia v23 in my x8. its an amazing rom, but having following issues:
1. getting error while opening gmail and YouTube and they needs to be force closed.
2. music stops when music player is minimized.
3.frequently getting a "calllog.event" error, which was resolved by turning off the automatic orientation.

music issue was faced in v14 as well.

Gabe please suggest some solution to the problems.

I am currently using gingerxperia v23 in my x8. its an amazing rom, but having following issues:
1. getting error while opening gmail and YouTube and they needs to be force closed.
3.frequently getting a "calllog.event" error, which was resolved by turning off the automatic orientation.

Hi,

1) try new google mail app? Google Gmail v2.3.6
HERE and HERE<-- download
2) use a third party music player. I recommend n7player Music Player (free download from Android Play)
3) According to some users to resolve "calllog event" error - switch on airplane mode - switch on auto orientation - switch off airplane mode.

Hope that works out for u.
gabe

i just upgraded my xperia x8 from 2.1 to gingerxperia v23, working pretty well, im a noobey and this was my first attempt, i had 2 bugs that i found, this call log message keeps popping up and also the theme doesnt work, no big problems really, i like gingerxperia. ps anyone worked out how to put flash player on it yet, that would be cool to have, any adive for these small bugs would be welcome thanks

and I need to solve this problem in the program every time Twitter needs to type the password and if this worked for a re-run is there a solution to this problem

i just upgraded my xperia x8 from 2.1 to gingerxperia v23, working pretty well, im a noobey and this was my first attempt, i had 2 bugs that i found, this call log message keeps popping up and also the theme doesnt work, no big problems really, i like gingerxperia. ps anyone worked out how to put flash player on it yet, that would be cool to have, any adive for these small bugs would be welcome thanks

Hi,
You can install flash player from Android Play (Market) it is free.

gabe

tried that first gabe, it wouldnt except my model phone i think, says not available for my sony xperia x8 E15i, i having been hunting through the web now, i never give up to easy

Hey Gabe,
Thanks for your reply, I have finally installed GingerFast V2.
It is awesome and so clean, and just loving the multitouch.:)

Mayank

i saw this comment in an earlyer post, "frequently getting a "calllog.event" error, which was resolved by turning off the automatic orientation."

does this work and if so how do i turn off automatic orientation because i have the same problem, its not to bad at the moment but it would be better fixed, any advice welcome thankyou

Morning all
I woke up today to find that my wifi is no longer working.....
If I factory reset, then wifi works fine. The only problem is then I loose all my settings & apps, & Android Market is not working, prob because it has up graded to Google Play now.
Has anyone else had this problem or is there a fix somewhere......
I'm on GingerXperia V23

Currently trying my hands over gingerfast, till now it has been a pleasant experience.
but facing a small issue:
I am able to connect my Bluetooth headset to my phone, but music audio is still coming through phone speakers.
have also uninstalled voice dialler through root uninstaller, but still no use.

have searched all system settings, but couldn't find anything there.

please suggest something.

Back
Top Bottom