• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM v3] 2.3.7 GingerXperia Revolution ROM for X8

excuse me sir gabeyong, can i ask why is that after I installed gingerxperiav23, my phone could not detect the SD card, I tried other versions of GX but still after I installed them it could not detect my SD.

excuse me sir gabeyong, can i ask why is that after I installed gingerxperiav23, my phone could not detect the SD card, I tried other versions of GX but still after I installed them it could not detect my SD.

Hi,

Assuming your SD card is functional (not dead)...

factory reset full wipe
Clear cache
Re-flash custom rom
format SD card using phone

cheers :)

Hi,

Assuming your SD card is functional (not dead)...

factory reset full wipe
Clear cache
Re-flash custom rom
format SD card using phone

I followed the instructions but still could not detect, but when I returned my phone to eclair it can detect the SD card. then I try again the gingerXperia, again could not detect.. btw thanks, I tried a spare SD card and it works fine now.. :))

Dear Gabe,

It's been a very long time that i upgraded to GingerDX V017 and i am much happy with it ( meaning, i am able to install and use all the features available on the phone ) Only thing is it is sluggish at times and takes time to boot and while operating internet.

However, Thought i could ask your advise for an upgrade .

Which one you would recommend me to upgrade from GingerDX v017.
Also if may pls provide the appropriate thread links..

Dear Gabe,

It's been a very long time that i upgraded to GingerDX V017 and i am much happy with it ( meaning, i am able to install and use all the features available on the phone ) Only thing is it is sluggish at times and takes time to boot and while operating internet.

However, Thought i could ask your advise for an upgrade .

Which one you would recommend me to upgrade from GingerDX v017.
Also if may pls provide the appropriate thread links..

Hi,

I have 2 Xperia X8:
I am using GingerDX v022 on one and Gingerfast v2 on the other.
Both works well. I would recommend both for everyday use.

gabe

Thnx. gabe, i've installed ginger xperia v23 and itz working gr8, i,ve installed this to use wifi tethering to connect my ipad 3, but still unsucessfull. Ican't connect my ipad. Any help...

i just installed GX V3.. i've noticed that i'm having problems with my internet connection... im using my network's internet.. i can't even download apps from the market or google play.. anyone having the same problem?

Try GX V2..it's much more better..i use it as my daily rom..:)

Hi Gabe,

I know i'm a bit off topic..but Can You and other members in this forum help me?
1-how to identify the bootloader number? is it on the battery when I open it? or is it under?
P.S-On the battery it shows 12W04
and under the battery is 12W07
So which one is it?
2-I need to know if my X8 can unlock bootloader.

Thanks in Advance! N i will appreciate your effort in answering my question and please,please reply quickly! i really need help..

Hi Gabe,

I know i'm a bit off topic..but Can You and other members in this forum help me?
1-how to identify the bootloader number? is it on the battery when I open it? or is it under?
P.S-On the battery it shows 12W04
and under the battery is 12W07
So which one is it?
2-I need to know if my X8 can unlock bootloader.

Thanks in Advance! N i will appreciate your effort in answering my question and please,please reply quickly! i really need help..

Hi,

You are going to unlock your bootloader?

Have a look here...

good luck!

Cheers :)
gabe

Okay..I manage to find my bootloader number..which is 11w38..But I"m scared!! Has anyone have this number and successfully unlock their bootloader?

I posted here because..i think the people here can help me..but what a shame..after asking a few question..no one answer any of them..i'm dissapointed..no hard feeling k? I'm just expressing..

I upgraded from eclaire to your gingerxperia 2.3.7 ver 1. the first download it was because I was confused which one to download as there is like 23 of them, so I chose the 1st to be on the safe side ,Im a noob lol. So far I am loving it, it defo goes the same speed as the old eclair if not faster. Found some tiny issues -theme chooser has only 1 theme and nothing I can do,,-the calendar is kinda messed up. Would you recommend to download v23 and wipe all and flash the rom,or should I keep my current version also is there anyway to zave my contacts and app perhaps. Thank you

I upgraded from eclaire to your gingerxperia 2.3.7 ver 1. the first download it was because I was confused which one to download as there is like 23 of them, so I chose the 1st to be on the safe side ,Im a noob lol. So far I am loving it, it defo goes the same speed as the old eclair if not faster. Found some tiny issues -theme chooser has only 1 theme and nothing I can do,,-the calendar is kinda messed up. Would you recommend to download v23 and wipe all and flash the rom,or should I keep my current version also is there anyway to zave my contacts and app perhaps. Thank you

Hi

recommend you use v22

gabe

Hello :)
i have a problem, where the WiFi will connect to the network and once disconnected it's able to connect again on the same or other networks. I know there was a way to fix this, erase a file containing the networks SSID and passwords, sort of like a text file which you find with root explorer, i just can't remember the path. Could you help me please.
Thanks in advance :)

HELP! I installed GingerXperia Revolution 3 in my Xperia x8 and did everything fine,(installed xRecovery,baseband,rooted my phone) but when somebody calls me it says that i am busy,i reboot it it still said that i switches SIM cards in case my SIM is broken but it still said the same think ,please respond quick,
Tagiadin John

HELP! I installed GingerXperia Revolution 3 in my Xperia x8 and did everything fine,(installed xRecovery,baseband,rooted my phone) but when somebody calls me it says that i am busy,i reboot it it still said that i switches SIM cards in case my SIM is broken but it still said the same think ,please respond quick,
Tagiadin John

Hi,

I don't know what is going on with your phone.
I recommend you re-flash your backup and go back to v22.

gabe

Back
Top Bottom