• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP]CM7.2.0RC0-BobZ

UPDATE: Got it installed. I had to clear Cache and User Settings to get it to install properly. However, just as some others have said. Touch screen does not work. I rebooted to my backup. Would be nice to be able to be able to download the older firmwares.

Also, just a side note. I got 10-17-2011 and installed it. Camera locked up the phone. I installed 09-16-2011 which seems to be the main one that works fine. Except coming out of sleep I get a blank screen and only a few times I could unlock it. Other times I had to take out the battery and replace. Ugh.

I do love it, though!

Upvote 0
I am using the RC0 build from January and I have to say I love it. Everything appears to work except MMS. I'd like to know if the fix Jesus mentioned would work as well. Also, I noticed that BobZhome updated to RC1 for the Optimus M... is that the game plan with the C as well?

Thanks for all of your hard work BobZhome! I feel like my phone is now supercharged compared to before.

Upvote 0
I really need help. I'm not even sure if this is the right forum but I've been Googling for an hour and this is where I ended up. I found what I'm looking for before but forgot where it was. I need to apply the Cricket MMS fix in ClockworkMod but just rebooting into recovery and installing the zip only works until I reboot the phone. There are instructions somewhere as to how to apply it using more detailed steps I think with the "mounts" option or something. Can anyone tell me or direct me to these instructions? I'd really appreciate it.

Upvote 0
Reflash everything the best of hope...
Have you try this: in " Recovery "
*back up your current rom
*wipe data
*partition cache
*dalvik cache
Go into choose zip: choose the rom your flashing pick 'yes'
Then go back hit (reboot system now)
Then reboot into recovery flash gapps then mms-fix!

The best way to apply gapps and mms fix is by:
Flash rom, flash mms fix, flash gapps, reboot

Upvote 0
I need some help.

Yesterday I installed this rom b/c i wanted to test it. Install was great, wifi worked, not sure if mms works and USB Mass Storage isn't working but don't care atm. Play was working fine, i could download and install everything fine, well as the night progress is started getting error 498 from google play and couldn't download anything. know my updates don't work, and i can't download anything. Through out today i reinstall gapps-gb-20110613 worked for one app then stopped. cleared cache and dalvik fix_permissions all that good stuff. I got it to download purchased items but not free items. I downloaded and install gapps-gb-20110828, no change. I did go and try to install amazon storeapps but that won't install. I was able to install apk that i had on my sdcard fine know i cannot. the only thing i haven't tried is installing the rom. I will probably do that when i get home in a hour in a half if no one replies in that time period. I've seen similar issue on the net but no answers.

Thanks everyone

Upvote 0
ok so i reinstalled the rom and I'm able to download a few apps. I can install apk from my sdcard but i'm not able to get updates from google play. Facebook won't install at all. Is this app related, gapp related or just my phone related? Is this something that i'm just going to have to except as broken or is there a fix.

also on a side note still can't get mms to work... not a biggie for me just something nice to have. I installed mms fix about a day after installing rom and sync my accounts.

Any help would be appreciated

Upvote 0
yes I did all that. I can access everything fine its just when I try to download anything its give me that stupid error. It will work maybe a couple hours into a clean install then starts spitting errors. I currently can't get any updates from play and if I want to install something I have to find a direct download of it and even then its not garrentied to install. Its more frustrating then anything b/c to go back to my stock rom is going to be a pain in the arse. Know I done a few searches on the net and I'm not the only one that is having this issue, the problem is there is no fix and I'm not sure if its only related to mod roms or if its on stock roms too. The only similarities I seem to find is its always seem to be Gingerbread related devices that are complaining.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones