• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] CyanogenMod 7 | Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) | Current Version: 09122011

I flashed the new build 05042011 of CM7 last night and now I'm not receiving calls. I wiped data and cache partition, formatted boot, system, dalvik cache, cache, and data before flashing the new build in CWM 3.0.0.5. Is anyone else having this problem? Please help!

No problems here. When you went through wiping and formating everything did you get any errors at the bottom of the screen? You wiped dalvik cache right, cant format it. I assume just miswording.

Upvote 0
I flashed the new build 05042011 of CM7 last night and now I'm not receiving calls. I wiped data and cache partition, formatted boot, system, dalvik cache, cache, and data before flashing the new build in CWM 3.0.0.5. Is anyone else having this problem? Please help!

your carrier might be having some issues, and metro is known for that...

Upvote 0
Anyone else seeing a marked increase in power drain with CM7? Running all my normal apps, and the CM governor is set to Ondemand at 710, but seeing about double the power drain. Installed Autokiller to see if that helps, but wonder if anyone else has seen this, or if it's just me.

Yep I have noticed it....I unplugged my phone at 7am this morning and right now I have 26% that I am going to try and make last until at least midnight,its 5:25. Granted I made 2 short augmentative phone calls and sent maybe 20 texts since this morning and took one or two pictures...But thats not alot of use, I think anyway.

Upvote 0
I flashed everything fine after a clean wipe and so far everything is perfect!! Only exception is when I went to download "JustPictures" from the market, which is free, it said the file will be download, shows it being downloaded according to the status bar, but when I open the market window for "JustPictures" there is no progress bar. Once the file has reached 99% on the status bar it dissappears and then does nothing, like it never downloaded the file. I have 3G watchdog so I know its using the net and its downloading something but never executes once the download is done.

Another weird thing about this whole situation, when I click on the status bar notification of the download, it takes me to random apps that are already installed on my phone (i.e. when I clicked it the first time it took me to Opera Mini Browser, second time was 4Shared, etc.,)

The ONLY way that I was able to install this specific app(haven't tried with any other apps yet and haven't recieved this error until this app) was to go to the market place on my pc and install it through the Android Market Installer.

Since I was able to that this really isn't a huge issue just something you all may want to look into. Also, could this be caused by low bandwidth? I noticed on CM6 if I was low on bandwidth or had poor coverage that the downloads would pause but never fail or just not execute. I haven't noticed any pausing of downloads just download errors and being forced to redownload.

Last thing lol i know im rambling but i'm trying to post this before I leave for work. When installing "Shuffle Tone 2.0" the first instance of the install didn't take and said that it was unsuccesful. After trying a second time the app installed correctly and has been functioning properly ever since. Again not a big issue just thought you should know. Thanks:D

Upvote 0
Yep I have noticed it....I unplugged my phone at 7am this morning and right now I have 26% that I am going to try and make last until at least midnight,its 5:25. Granted I made 2 short augmentative phone calls and sent maybe 20 texts since this morning and took one or two pictures...But thats not alot of use, I think anyway.

I have noticed this as well but I took SetCPU off and a couple other system monitors that I had goin and saw a huge increase in not only battery life but also general speed of the phone. I think this is just because we are running an Android OS that wasn't even supposed to be on this phone and really is made for the newer, higher ended devices. A little sacrifice and work around should help. Also, I have CM6 on my "dev" phone which has service until the end of the month and I have found that the battery lasts twice as long than the phone with CM7, both being Huawei m860's.

Upvote 0
I have noticed this as well but I took SetCPU off and a couple other system monitors that I had goin and saw a huge increase in not only battery life but also general speed of the phone. I think this is just because we are running an Android OS that wasn't even supposed to be on this phone and really is made for the newer, higher ended devices. A little sacrifice and work around should help. Also, I have CM6 on my "dev" phone which has service until the end of the month and I have found that the battery lasts twice as long than the phone with CM7, both being Huawei m860's.

Reinstalled Autokiller, and took care of it. I agree that the power requirements may be a bit greater. Anyway, problem solved.

Upvote 0

My only question is if you took off set cpu how are you going to overclock to 710??? Wouldnt that make the phone slower seeing how it is normally set at 600????

Upvote 0

why use setcpu for this cm7 when its built into the rom?

Upvote 0
New build 05052011 is up. Camcorder is fixed. Enjoy.

Man you are awesome wow thank you so much I will def be sending some cash your way soon. with the camcorder fixed i can record video of my dad before he passes he is in hospice. THank you so much again

Do you by anychance know where i can get the drives for the ascend so i can use it on windows 7?

Upvote 0
I just fixed the Camcorder. CM7 on the Ascend is now pretty much fully functional.

Question?n Am I able to just flash over the current rom without doing any wipes? I just finally set up phone and dont want to lose everything. Also I have 2 pic messages I am trying to figure out howto dl so I dont want to lose those. I flashed metro off last night but it did not fix anything. Not sure if there are settings I need to change? Any and all help is much appreciated.

Upvote 0
Question?n Am I able to just flash over the current rom without doing any wipes? I just finally set up phone and dont want to lose everything. Also I have 2 pic messages I am trying to figure out howto dl so I dont want to lose those. I flashed metro off last night but it did not fix anything. Not sure if there are settings I need to change? Any and all help is much appreciated.

I can't really give any advice on the MMS situation. Maybe if I had service, I could test it out and let you know, but my hands are tied. From what I've heard, all you have to do is flash MetroOFF and that's all.

About flashing on top, I had a buddy of mine flash the build last night to test and he didn't wipe. Just make sure that you don't plug the phone in the comp while flashing these ROMs! It causes the flash to go bad. However, you can plug it into the outlet.

If you're concerned about screwing things up, BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP! Hey, did I mention BACKUP? A nandroid backup will take a freeze frame backup snapshot of EVERYTHING, including MMS and text messages. So, that way, if something goes wrong, you can flash back and be okay. Good luck. Happy CM7-ing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones