• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][YACR] CM 7.1-Reppard

you have to use the wifi modules that were built at the time the kernel was built or wifi will not function. i believe in my anyrom zip you can see an example of how it is layed out. there is a file called wireless.ko. that is module.
So it's as simple as pulling out the wireless module from stock and packing it in the CM7 ROM? Or am I modifying the CM7 module to resemble the stock module?

Thanks for the input Reppard!

yeah i left that file out.. ill repack it with the correct wireless.ko file
I searched the stock update for the wireless.ko file, but could not find it. Nor could I find it in Kelso's ROM (Which is stock, just debloated and rooted.)

But knowing almost nada about this, I'm betting I looked in the wrong spot lol.

yeah bob.. im going to need a 2.2.2 system image to get the wireless.ko.. unless you want to pull it and pack it.. its in the system/lib/modules folder

i just removed the one from the zip i uploaded.. redownload it and flash it and see if the wifi is still broken

yeah bob.. im going to need a 2.2.2 system image to get the wireless.ko.. unless you want to pull it and pack it.. its in the system/lib/modules folder
I have stock ROM already unpacked.

Here is the wireless.ko file from stock 2.2.2 ZV7 ROM unpacked.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52903366/Optimus%20M%20Files/Stock%202.2.2%20WirelessKO%20file/wireless.ko

I can definitely attempt to pack it in myself. Is this as easy as removing Reppards and dropping stock in and building from working folder?

Edit:

I would rather keep Reppards as stock as possible. This means removing his wireless.ko module, packing in stock, and flashing the kernel afterwords. I had major issues with the stock 2.2.2 kernel packed into Reppards ROM. Wouldn't even do the "Hello..." from MetroPCS that came with the splash screen. Literally didn't even attempt to boot lol.

Second Edit:
Aaaaaaaaaaaand...... After removing wireless module from Reppards ROM and packing in stock, building ROM and flashing I get stuck at the "MetroPCS" screen. No sounds, no nothing. Going to download your attempt and give it a shot. Hopefully you did better than I did.

this may or may not work.. the rom is written to include a2sd and auto installs it, however the kernel does not support it, so a2sd isnt going to work.. so something may fail when flashing this..

if a2sd is in the system but not the the ramdisk(modules ext2/3 and entries to init.rc), it should still boot fine.

as for the 2.2.2 kernel, I feel deja vue when it took most early OM members a minute to realize that 2.2 and 2.2.1 where just not compatible with each other(you're just not doing it right! lol), you can not swap the modules between them, just as I'm sure you can't swap modules between 2.2.1 and 2.2.2(don't quote me :D).

better start bugging LG for the 2.2.2 source :p

heh i have the source actually.. i just dont have a 2.2.2 phone to pull the kernel config from.. lol maybe ill flash my phone back to stock and let it update now that 2.2.2 is rootable.. if i can get the update that is..

heh i have the source actually.. i just dont have a 2.2.2 phone to pull the kernel config from.. lol maybe ill flash my phone back to stock and let it update now that 2.2.2 is rootable.. if i can get the update that is..

My phone is at your disposal. I figured how to unpack the stock ROM, but I only have it unpacked. I got it through the LG update utility and ran it through the kitchen before I ran it on my phone. I rebooted and as far as I know, its gone. Unless its saved somewhere on my computer that LG hid on me.

I could downgrade and rerun the update and see if I can grab the bin file.

Hi Kaiser, can you post the problem/solution? Just so it's available should anyone else have similar issues.

Thanks.

The problem I had was an error on my behalf which caused the ROM to not function properly at certain times.

I would go into detail but I honestly don't feel like typing 4 paragraphs again on it, I guess I should have not removed it without confirmation you guys would remove the post.

Lol, you could have just told me out front "Kaiser, the report button is not to be abused, and we moderators are not your personal clean up crew, so please don't expect us to remove a post." haha ;)

Well thanks anyway :)

Can someone help me...I installed the cyanogenmod & I backed up my files from the Recovery/Backup menu , but now that I have the cyanogenmod I don't know how to restore my files like...my contacts , messages , pictures and stuff without the Cyanogenmod going away.

I don't know if I said that right...

Can someone help me...I installed the cyanogenmod & I backed up my files from the Recovery/Backup menu , but now that I have the cyanogenmod I don't know how to restore my files like...my contacts , messages , pictures and stuff without the Cyanogenmod going away.

If you have a gmail account, log into it using your phone. You have to sync your phone to your gmail then all your contacts will come back. Messages don't come back, they're erased when you change roms. But it is a way for you to keep your messages too, but it's a tricky process.

Your pictures should be on your SD card so they'll never go away. You can always use an SMS backup too (I use SMS Backup and Restore). And you can just export your contacts to your SD card- go to contacts, press menu, press import/export, press Export to SD card, and all your contacts will be saved. To restore contacts press Import from SD card, phone only, and your done.
Hope this helped.

Thanks Im an idiot lol Been awhile since i flashed any roms but i had to replace my phone figured another optimus m was the only decent phone in my price range lol. Forgot all about gapps (doh)

Back
Top Bottom