• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][YACR] CM 7.1-Reppard

So im still on this rom and loving it, this is a much newer model optimus m than my previous one (which had the reboot issues/black screen issues etc). I love the rom but I have two issues. The first is everytime i install the root browser is just shows an icon that says geocache and that fc's if i try to open it. The second is I installed setcpu and set the OC but setcpu dissappeared. Now i cant find it to uninstall (doesnt show on app list) but if i try to reinstall it i can uninstall then reinstall but it never shows up =-( I switched to cpumaster but it keeps reverting back to stock speed once in awhile. Any ideas? All other apps are working flawless that I use on day to day basis.

You CPU apps are not getting along with the pre-installed one found in menu/settings/CyanogenMod Settings/performance/CPU settings. Just use that one making sure you don't select set on boot option until your happy with where it's at.

A good rule of thumb: set the min at 480MHz. Set the max at 768MHz. Move the setting on the max up one setting at a time until the phone reboots. Then drop the setting down on the max two settings. This is where your phone should be set at.
Never take the min past 480MHz as this is where the CPU idles. Too high and it it will be running at least that sped all the time, draining your battery and overheating everything

The 480MHz min and 748-787MHz max is the best area for performance and battery off charge times.

For an explanation of the governors go here http://www.setcpu.com/

Thanks I totally missed that section under settings! I'll use that for overclocking. This phone hits 768 like nothing where as my old one had trouble with anything over 700 really.

So, how can I tell whether my friend's optimus m is a new model or old model? Just curious is all. I Rooted his phone and put this rom on it about 6 months ago (or 4 months) and it is night and day from stock.....

The main difference from my old one and new one is the screen! The new one is bright and vibrant where as the new old one is dim. The difference is really standard tv compared to 1080p! Side by side the difference is huge. I guess the only thing to go by really is android version on the phone (my original came with 2.2 where as the newer one came with 2.2.2).

Yesterday I flashed my friend's phone with this rom and she loves it so far. However, we noticed that on boot, the initial setup asked her to 'slide out her keyboard'. She's using an LG Optimus M, there is no keyboard. We just hit home, or back, or whatever and skipped that, then added her google account in the settings, manually. No biggie.

However now, despite having the option checked inside her account settings, the phone doesn't sync her contacts. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I'm not sure it's ROM related but just in case I decided to ask here first.

So I just flashed this ROM, and my phone has no market?

I downloaded the gapps zip and flashed that, and still no market to be found.

Any help?

So I just flashed this ROM, and my phone has no market?

I downloaded the gapps zip and flashed that, and still no market to be found.

Any help?

Try flashing the ROM again. Be sure and wipe everything, except the sd card, and then flash gapps again. There are occasional hiccups with flashing.

Tried that. Wiped everything but the SD card and it gave me the LG screen. I went back and loaded a NAND backup that I have, but it doesn't have market either, for some reason.

This makes no sense.

Nothing? Bah. I can't wait to get my Attain back.... This sucks.

We are trying to help you. We've given some thoughts on what has helped in the past with other people. Patience and a little appreciation (even if it didn't help in your case, appreciation goes a long way) help you in maintaining good relationships.

Rom works well for me, thanks to whoever developed it. Few issues, maybe someone can help me fix them. Sometimes it randomly restarts and gets stuck on loading ROM screen for a while. Any fix to it, or it's a known issue? I flashed it on Android 2.2

Also In call volume. When I answer the phone, in call volume is extremely high, i need to press volume up a few times and then I can lower it by pressing down volume key. Any solution to it.

for your rebooting you need to go into cpu settings and take the overclock down.. not all phones like the overclock... stock is 600 work your way up fromt here until it reboots again then set it back a notch.. the volume is new to me not sure what the fix for that will be

My phone was always perfectly running at 729 max. Phone rebooted a few times while i was opening google maps I guess it's just a small glitch. Volume is not a big deal. My phone is relatively old it's from december of 2010 Android 2.2

I love this rom, its been awesome to me I just have an issue with the camcorder...... it will record but with no sound sound. since the last update, its been this way I have reflashed but same issue. anyone have a solution??? anything is worth a try, thank u.

K. Im having some problems. Cyanogenmod settings force close, cam when recording=no audio, when recieving call cant answer or decline nothing shows, no status bar. Anyway to fix these?

I love this rom, its been awesome to me I just have an issue with the camcorder...... it will record but with no sound sound. since the last update, its been this way I have reflashed but same issue. anyone have a solution??? anything is worth a try, thank u.
BobZ posted a fix in his rom thread. I linked to it in this thread. search my posts in this thread and you will find it :). it deals with setting the system to write and deleting a file or two (can't remember exactly) then rebooting. fixed the no sound issue.

^^^^^For anyone else having this issue, I asked the same question in BobZ' rom thread and got this response from bob and it worked :D:

DELETE two .ogg files from system/media/audio/Ui "camera_click.ogg" & "VideoRecord.ogg"....

I can verify this works for the optimus M I actually moved the files to the root of the sd card, tested video playback and it was successful.... (i didn't delete them yet)

I'm not busy right now, so here you go. :)

remember you will need to set the system to write (otherwise the files will not delete)

Hi Im new here but I have been reading up for a while...

I have tried every ROM on here, and so far I like this best, HOWEVER MY MMS is NOT WORKING. Im not sure what to do at this point. My phone recieves MMS but It won't send them out. I have tried ALL fixes and deleted telephony.db etc. Im at a loss here and really cant be without MMS is there anyone that can help me?

If Not can I go back to STOCK with working MMS and how? thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom