• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root S-OFF, root, & Fix Everything All-in-One!

i sent the command and it showed it sent under the command ,but nothing happened on the phone... no instructions on either screen nor anything asking me to do the "wire trick" what do i do?

C:\shooter-root-soff-fix\S-OFF>fastboot reboot-bootloader
rebooting into bootloader... OKAY

C:\shooter-root-soff-fix\S-OFF>ControlBear.exe
========= ControlBear 0.11 beta for JuopunutBear S-OFF ==========
(c) Copyright 2012 Unlimited.IO
If you have acquired this software from anywhere
other than our website this version may be out of
date and unsupported. Please see our website for
instructions on how to use this tool and for support.
This program may not be redistributed or included in other
works without the express permission of Team Unlimited.

Unlimited.IO | team@unlimited.io

Starting up......
Connecting to device...
Testing ADB connection
Press ENTER to exit.....

C:\shooter-root-soff-fix\S-OFF>

It looks like the Android Debugging Bridge (adb) was disabled on your phone somehow.

On your phone, navigate to Settings>Applications>Development

• Check USB Debugging
Navigate to Settings>Power

• Uncheck fast boot
After that, do ControlBear.exe again

Ok it saidDo wire-trick now!! Check the instructions at Unlimited.IO
=== Waiting for device....
(17/45)
Found device...
Waiting for device to settle... Please wait...
Getting into bar.....
Raising Glass
SUCCESS - Taking a sip.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Buddies and Beer
Checking alcohol level......
Seems to be just right.....
Let's take one more......
Aaaah, nice sunny day!!
Rebooting.......
(2/45)
Fastboot detected
Beer is tasty, lets take another!!
Please wait....

Found device...
Waiting for device to settle... Please wait...
Beer......more beer......more beer...
Rebooting RUU mode.......
(1/45)
Fastboot detected
JuopunutBear S-OFF success
Installing JuopunutBear hboot.....
Waiting.....
Flashing.......
Rebooting......
JuopunutBear hboot installed
Press ENTER to exit..... so I'm okay to go right?

did i have to do that metronome thing? because i did thee wire trick ,but you said something about metronome and it says I am on JuopunutBear at the top

No, that was just to help you with the timing, but if you got it without the metronome, that's great :)

Did you finish Step Two?

said it couldn't find the device I'm in the JuopunutBear menu that lets you choose Bootloader reboot etc..

No, I just don't know what mode your phone is in. I don't know what screen it's on. Are you in the bootloader? If so, does it say "fastboot USB"? If not, you need to get into fastboot (same as before, highlight it and press the power button).

its hooked up and in fastboot usb mode (highlighted in red) at the top it says juopunutBear(highlighted in pink) I can choose to enter bootloader, reboot, reboot bootloader or power down. at the bottom are three androids skating

sure here:
C:\shooter-root-soff-fix\S-OFF>adb reboot bootloader
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not found

C:\shooter-root-soff-fix\S-OFF>

You are already in the bootloader. Continue with the commands that begin with fastboot.

You can't use adb from the bootloader.

ok I'm now on step 3.. I want to install the mobster HD Rom I already extracted it to the folder WAAAY back in step 1 so is there anything different I need to do with the mobster HD rom?

EDIT: Can't enter step 3 my phone is in the 4ext it says its in safe mode because the following partition is not acceptable: "cache" Please enter the wipe menu and wipe cache if you changed hboot you should choose to format all partitions (except sdcard) Afterwards please reboot recovery. How do I do all of that?

ok I'm now on step 3.. I want to install the mobster HD Rom I already extracted it to the folder WAAAY back in step 1 so is there anything different I need to do with the mobster HD rom?
Awesome, you shouldn't have extracted it though.

If you just have a zip file (one file) of the ROM in the roms folder, you can just follow the steps with your Mobster HD ROM... any ROM you want will be fine except for the stock ones.

I meant to say I didn't extract it I just moved the folder like you said in the guide ,but what do i about this?

I Can't enter step 3 my phone is in the 4ext it says its in safe mode because the following partition is not acceptable: "cache" Please enter the wipe menu and wipe cache if you changed hboot you should choose to format all partitions (except sdcard) Afterwards please reboot recovery. How do I do all of that?

Back
Top Bottom