• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root S-OFF, root, & Fix Everything All-in-One!

how do I eject my sd card from my pc do i just remove it from my phone?

No, keep it in your phone.

Right-click on the SD Card from My Computer and choose "Eject" or "Safely remove" or something along those lines.

Safely remove it from the system tray then...

If you disconnect in 4ext first, you're not disconnecting (safely) from your computer. Your computer may be "doing" something with that SD Card, and if it is, you can corrupt your data. You really *should* remove it from your computer first, but if you don't want to do it that way, it's your choice.

Ok everything is set now i need to reboot ,but i have another message from 4ext it says" You are currently in safe_mode. That means that some of your internal partitions are not accessible. Please wipe all partitions and then reboot recovery!

overide and reboot now?

What should i do?

Well i don't know if this is a problem ,but its been doing the booting up thing for a while now instead of the for this rrom its abunch of triangles flipping and disssapearing..

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YYYYYYEEEAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *doing backlips*
YEAAAA IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jAYWaMr.gif

Thank you so much for helping me out. I couldn't have done this without you all!

Well, you've learned a bunch of new stuff.

Now you know what HBOOT/bootloader is, what recovery is, how to flash ROMs, and some other stuff too :)

I wouldn't have been curious if you didn't say that, but... yes, the preliminary steps will get you back to stock. If you've taken the March OTA, you'll need to get S-OFF, then run the RUU to get back to 100% stock... then you'll have to set S-ON again.

I wouldn't have been curious if you didn't say that, but... yes, the preliminary steps will get you back to stock. If you've taken the March OTA, you'll need to get S-OFF, then run the RUU to get back to 100% stock... then you'll have to set S-ON again.

So you are saying I gotta s off first then run ruu then s on again ? Will it work if I don't get s off (I'm s on ) and personally don't want to brick or soft brick my device it critical to myself to go back stock , and if you explain a little I'm sorra of a newbie here (I've taken march ota before rooting)

Ok hboot 1.58
S on
Rooted odex 2.95 rom

So you are saying I gotta s off first then run ruu then s on again ? Will it work if I don't get s off (I'm s on ) and personally don't want to brick or soft brick my device it critical to myself to go back stock , and if you explain a little I'm sorra of a newbie here (I've taken march ota before rooting)

Ok hboot 1.58
S on
Rooted odex 2.95 rom

You should never need to return to s-on for any reason except maybe returning the phone for repair.

Quick question - if I'm already rooted and s-off running Harmonia, how do I go about updating to the radio only from the March OTA? I've updated my radio before using Brian's guide/downloads post, but I can't seem to find the radio only file to download and apply in the bootloader (I'm only finding firmware, which includes radio and HBOOT updates). Maybe I'm misreading or overlooking something....

Quick question - if I'm already rooted and s-off running Harmonia, how do I go about updating to the radio only from the March OTA? I've updated my radio before using Brian's guide/downloads post, but I can't seem to find the radio only file to download and apply in the bootloader (I'm only finding firmware, which includes radio and HBOOT updates). Maybe I'm misreading or overlooking something....
Skippy, look here at the post by ramjet73, flashable through the bootloader or fastboot: http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=5630436

Edit: I flashed this and it worked, though after a week I went back to trusty old radio 0.97.10.0530 which works best for me in my area. Unlike most people that had great results with the March update, my service was actually dramatically worse, both 3G (no 4G around my area in Knoxville,TN) and voice coverage. Everyone is different though, and I'm clearly in the minority based on results I've read on this new update.

Ok hboot 1.58
S on
Rooted odex 2.95 rom
Yes, since you are on the 1.58 HBOOT you'd have to S-OFF before taking the RUU and returning to stock, THEN you would have to set S-ON again.

Step One of this guide will make you S-OFF. After that, you may do the "Preliminary Steps" to be put back on stock.

After that, come back here & report your HBOOT/radio and we can tell you how to do S-ON again. You will brick your phone if you do this before applying the RUU, so it's really important you've done that FIRST.

Also, this guide/ControlBear does not soft brick your phone at any point.

Yes, since you are on the 1.58 HBOOT you'd have to S-OFF before taking the RUU and returning to stock, THEN you would have to set S-ON again.

Step One of this guide will make you S-OFF. After that, you may do the "Preliminary Steps" to be put back on stock.

After that, come back here & report your HBOOT/radio and we can tell you how to do S-ON again. You will brick your phone if you do this before applying the RUU, so it's really important you've done that FIRST.

Also, this guide/ControlBear does not soft brick your phone at any point.
ok so here the list
S off
flash ruu on this thread
come back and stated hboot and radio follow your instruction after this

and I'm done right anything else I'm missing ? Also does it work with negalite-blurom-r72

Back
Top Bottom