• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root S-OFF, root, & Fix Everything All-in-One!

finally some one notice me :p lol

ok well i unrooted my phone following the s off procedure of this guide as well as i flashed the ruu , im completely stock but my bootloader say s off and i want it back to s on any help
***WARNING*** THIS ADVICE DOES NOT APPLY TO ANYONE ELSE - DO NOT DO THIS WITHOUT CHECKING IN WITH SOMEONE ELSE FIRST, PLEASE!!!

PLEASE VERIFY that you are on a stock HBOOT (1.57.0000), then issue the following command:
[high]fastboot oem writesecureflag 3[/high]

***WARNING*** THIS ADVICE DOES NOT APPLY TO ANYONE ELSE - DO NOT DO THIS WITHOUT CHECKING IN WITH SOMEONE ELSE FIRST, PLEASE!!!

PLEASE VERIFY that you are on a stock HBOOT (1.57.0000), then issue the following command:
[high]fastboot oem writesecureflag 3[/high]

ok going to bootloader and then issue command or what ?

No you use fastboot. It's a fastboot command through command prompt. I don't know why you want it back on?! :eek:

But yes make sure you are on the stock bootloader or you will be holding a new paperweight
because i will root later when i get a new phone and also cuz of pressure from my parents

Yeah with the new 64bit drivers

Man.... I can't think of anything else right now :(
I've had a severe lack of sleep the past 2 nights so my thinking is a bit fuzzy tonight. Everything appears to be in order. The only other thing I can think is if you have windows 8.

Yes...but you wrote the guide ;)
How long were you S-On? 15 minutes or less?

About an hour because I was deciphering some ridiculous file structure on my computer. But once I got that sorted out it was probably five minutes.

Holy smokes Dragon NaturallySpeaking on my keyboard is awesome.

I don't think I'll ever be typing a message on here again...

Man.... I can't think of anything else right now :(
I've had a severe lack of sleep the past 2 nights so my thinking is a bit fuzzy tonight. Everything appears to be in order. The only other thing I can think is if you have windows 8.
Its cool man, thanks for your help so far. Im just going to do some more tinkering and hopefully figure this out.

Wow...

I'll never concern myself with my son performing S-OFF on his phone, I'm sure of that.

Good luck dude, keep your head up.
a better explanation in there words " if you **** up your phone like you did with your dad your **** we aint buying you a new one " that what they told me so i did want to risk my phone

a better explanation in there words " if you **** up your phone like you did with your dad your **** we aint buying you a new one " that what they told me so i did want to risk my phone
Well, you seem like a smart kid to me. I don't think you would mess anything up, but if you did we can support you here. If you change your mind and want to go back to S-OFF we're always here to help.

Hmmmmm... that's very odd. Are you booted into your ROM? And sure android debugging is enabled in the settings?

When I issue the "get code" command its still in fastboot. If it makes any difference I just bought the phone, haven't updated or activated at all. I've triple checked that I had the de-bugging checked so I think im good there XD. It's in charge only mode also.

When I issue the "get code" command its still in fastboot. If it makes any difference I just bought the phone, haven't updated or activated at all. I've triple checked that I had the de-bugging checked so I think im good there XD. It's in charge only mode also.

So has it been is fastboot usb mode? If you leave it plugged in and type
adb reboot bootloader
Do you see fastboot usb in red letters? If not fastboot will return the waiting for device message

Well, you seem like a smart kid to me. I don't think you would mess anything up, but if you did we can support you here. If you change your mind and want to go back to S-OFF we're always here to help.

Plus you were already s-off. So really it's riskier to go back s-on than leaving it alone. You could still unroot and be completely stock but just leave s-off. Then in the future rooting again would be super easy and you wouldn't have to do the wire trick again :/

Back
Top Bottom