• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Say Hi to another DEV

MysteryEmotion
Are you going from a system dump and piecing the ROM back together, or going from the 2.3.6 update file, and trying to pull the ROM image out of that exe file?

My first rom will be 2.3.4 so we have something to fall back on if shit his the fan. I'm gonna peace that rom together using the system dump. As far as the 2.3.6 update goes I need that utility to esse the process of getting odin to work. After we have a fail safe I'll look at the 2.3.6 source code and see what can be done to getting the update to work on metro

Hey mystery, are we looking at a stock rom on steroids? Or can we xpect CM7 in the mix? Just curious, I will be happy either way.

As long as its stable and fast....who really cares right?. thats what cm7 offers to begin with. Perosonally Vanilla stock gingerbread is better then any other OS. Now when it comes to themes thats another story ;]

As long as its stable and fast....who really cares right?. thats what cm7 offers to begin with. Perosonally Vanilla stock gingerbread is better then any other OS. Now when it comes to themes thats another story ;]

I ran cynagon on my htc hero n htc evo. Both phones felt better with a modified stock rom.

Fyi: cynagon is based off of aosp (android open source project) vanilla is stock ( no htc sense, samsung touchwiz, motoblur) the admire is vanilla.

And honestly I loved touchwiz ( minus the launcher ) and plan on porting done of my favorite features

I will be willing to donate some money on Friday and will donate a greater amount if you can help me unroot this thing after using the "One click method". My network card is failing after 3 months and I need to cash in on the warranty.

None-the-less I will be willing to donate some money.

Will you and konane be willing to work with any of the other dev's?

I ran cynagon on my htc hero n htc evo. Both phones felt better with a modified stock rom.

Fyi: cynagon is based off of aosp (android open source project) vanilla is stock ( no htc sense, samsung touchwiz, motoblur) the admire is vanilla.

And honestly I loved touchwiz ( minus the launcher ) and plan on porting done of my favorite features

yeup that's were theming comes to play. hey I'm a flash fanatic and easily get bored of the same set up. so the more availability the better.

I've been following the Admire forum from Phandroid app for awhile ever since "upgrading" from the Optimus M. Is there any new news w/ the progress of the Custom Recovery/Rom MysteryEmotionz? I dont see much tweets lol Glad u didnt get hit by oncoming traffic during your snooze ;) I will most definitely donate a beer fund or two for the person that comes out w/ the first Custom Recovery and or Rom ;) I still believe in the Admire, it does have a lot of potential! Dont want Cyanogen cause it sucks compared to a overclockable stock rooted rom w/ tweaks. Cyanogen has a lot of bugs. For one the GPS never freakin works nah mean? If the admire doesnt take off soon, I may have to go back to my optimus cause they may have ICS in beta soon!! Ohhh ICS would be amazing on the Admire btw :P

Just curious as to whether there was an update we could possibly get? I love the phone and all, but I love the ability to use custom rom's even more.

I have been following Unforgiven, Krylon and a few others but there have been a lack of updates which is what I think we all want. Not pressuring for a finished product, just asking that we all be kept in the loop. :D

Thanks,
Hatetank

Just curious as to whether there was an update we could possibly get? I love the phone and all, but I love the ability to use custom rom's even more.

I have been following Unforgiven, Krylon and a few others but there have been a lack of updates which is what I think we all want. Not pressuring for a finished product, just asking that we all be kept in the loop. :D

Thanks,
Hatetank

mysteryemotionz posted on twitter that the recovery was almost finished

lol o__0 wow i knew it was twitter but i didnt see him tweet that sorry i should have been more specific

Sweet I have a dog and am going on vacation. Jk jk. Thanks a ton to everyone working on this phone. I love mine and can't wait for a custom ROM. We gotta get donations going for the first working one with an oc kernel or something!

I'm a little skeptical too. I have been following mysteryemotionz on twitter and there seems to be a lot of chat on the admire. He's talkin about cwm' kernel' and rom.I hope its true i think we should know in a few days. One good thing he has not been asking for donations but if he gets it done i will donate.

Thank you very much mysteryemotionz!! I've been following your twitter page & I like what I see lol ^_^ I got the Admire when it came out, & shortly after the Esteem was announced lol But I'm strapped 4 cash, so sticking w/ the Admire ;) Can't wait 4 CW Recovery/Kernel/Rom :-) Would be awesome if it came out today cause its my b-day Haha But seriously WILL donate for whomever can get me some files!! :)

Back
Top Bottom