• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Say Hi to another DEV

its amazing butttttttttttt my pic messaging aint working nor does it show 3g and my android market i cant download anything from there helpppp!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhh lol nah seriously i did this to my sis phone and worked perfectly fine but when i did it to mine its not working at allll

ive done the 2.3.5 update on my huawei ascend perfectly fine i do roots and upgrades in my shop and for some reason when it comes to my admire its not working i downloaded what you posted and i did everything right n idk what happened any ideas what i should do thanks very much

btw you ROCK!!!!!

Well, don't I have egg on my face. I was working on the better part of the night on porting CWM over to Samsung Admire (picked one up last week). This is my first attempt at rooting/modding an Android phone but I'm no slouch. I'd love to help in some way.

BTW, MysteryEmotion, your ACS website was very informative on porting CWM. :)

Did I also mention that I joined today to get in on the action?

no its not possible. i hate to break it to you guys but your phones are o verclocked. you share the same cpu as the g1.. just a new version of it. the first gen android had the same cpu and was clocked at 528MHZ, the next lineup to have it was most notably the lg optimus series (optimus m/s/t/v/etc/etc) with a whopping 600mhz cpu which was version 2, version 3 is the 800 mhz set that resides in your phone, the prevail, precedent, and the replenish

NONE of those three phones have working kernel source.. so if you guys do then ill be VERY surprised, seeing as the last samsung metropcs phone (the indulge didnt have source that compiled, let alone boot...) so even if you guys get past that part your chipset cannot SAFELY handle 1ghz. im not saying someone cant force it to that.. but by the time you get the voltages that high battery life would be cut by at least 25% and overheating becomes a VERY big issue

no its not possible. i hate to break it to you guys but your phones are o verclocked. you share the same cpu as the g1.. just a new version of it. the first gen android had the same cpu and was clocked at 528MHZ, the next lineup to have it was most notably the lg optimus series (optimus m/s/t/v/etc/etc) with a whopping 600mhz cpu which was version 2, version 3 is the 800 mhz set that resides in your phone, the prevail, precedent, and the replenish

NONE of those three phones have working kernel source.. so if you guys do then ill be VERY surprised, seeing as the last samsung metropcs phone (the indulge didnt have source that compiled, let alone boot...) so even if you guys get past that part your chipset cannot SAFELY handle 1ghz. im not saying someone cant force it to that.. but by the time you get the voltages that high battery life would be cut by at least 25% and overheating becomes a VERY big issue

Just last night i was messing with my cousins LG otimus S form sprint. And wow very impressed. Had it running CyanogenMod 7.1 ANd i got it to run constant 825ghz With Smarta$$ gov and it shot to 1250+ in Benchmark was so sad to even compare my admire with it =(

The Induldge did have that source compiled.... The Optimus M also has that source compiled... I don't quite understand what you're trying to say. Just because the clock speed is set at 800mhz, doesn't mean it can't be stably OC'd.

The Induldge did have that source compiled.... The Optimus M also has that source compiled... I don't quite understand what you're trying to say. Just because the clock speed is set at 800mhz, doesn't mean it can't be stably OC'd.

no it didnt, the indulge has kernel source now thanks to the work of tanimn, thomasskull666, mkasick, and k0nane.

the optimus m has kernel source thats fully gpl? thats cool now... back to samsung.... there hasnt been a SINGLE samsung prepaid released in the past year that has had good kernel source.

didnt say that it couldnt be stabley oc'd you might hit 868 i think was what the heroc hit... before it was running over 40c normally

so in conclusion we wont be able to have a custom kernel thats sad i was looking foward to that

In all honestly oc is nice but not necessary. My samsung epic witch was stock 1ghz was able to be clocked to 1.3ghz. 95% of the time I ran it at 800mhz. I had such a great rom for the epic that oc wasnt really needed. I think the only time I ran 1.3ghz was when testing the rom.

Hey mystery i like how your words sound man we are lucky for having you here working on the admire did you already start working on a rom

The admire is still without a custom kernel... I guess the Admire is the tough nut that dev's can't crack.

I've got the kernel compiled, just having trouble actually getting it onto the phone. I soft-bricked it last night when I tried, and I'm currently rebuilding my dev environment (takes forever to sync the Android repository) to try again.

Literally just a matter of time.

Well actually, I have been working on one already for a long time. I have been working on overclocking and usb host mode, as well as volume boosting. It loads, but hey, don't take anything from me until I am sure it is 100%.. I happen to be the person who destroyed 17 admires working on this... so yeah...

Well actually, I have been working on one already for a long time. I have been working on overclocking and usb host mode, as well as volume boosting. It loads, but hey, don't take anything from me until I am sure it is 100%.. I happen to be the person who destroyed 17 admires working on this... so yeah...

How are you getting the kernel onto the phone to test? Just wondering if there's an easier way than I've been doing it.

Back
Top Bottom