• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Shipping date speculation

I have zero updated info. When I sign into MyChoice, it says Monday, 07/16/2012, By End of Day. While still saying A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status will be updated.

I feel like this package is still in CA. If this is on a UPS truck for delivery today, I would get it early this morning, I know the UPS truck driver on the route for my address. He always give my packages early, even if they are ground.

Upvote 0
Alright, 2 things!
1: sometimes the UPS tracking sometimes falls flat on its face, where it won't update or nothing. I sometimes never ever get email or text message updates when I ask for them. Sometimes I'll see nothing update up until 5 min before the delivery. Its happened to me quite a few times

2: I've seen a lot of people say that there are no updates on the weekend, well I'd like to say that that's not true, and I've seen my packages through the weekend before. Whenever. I usually buy from newegg. The updates aren't as frequent however, usually happens either early in the morning or late late at night.
:p

And btw, its 7 AM and still not a single update :( this is driving me mad

Upvote 0
Well at least I got some info this morning.

Label Created On:
07/11/2012

Scheduled Delivery:
Friday, 07/13/2012

Its good to know I've had it since Friday.

Yep, at 6:30 this morning, I finally got the tracking info on the UPS site, and it says the same thing. Label created last Wednesday, estimated arrival last Friday.

The comedic aspects of this process have now exceeded the irritating aspects. (Google will be deducting $5 from our play store credit for the entertainment :).

Upvote 0
Same thing for me (Boston area): ordered on 6/27, label created on 7/9, got "Your order on Google Play has shipped" e-mail on 7/13, tracking on UPS says "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated." as of 8:00 AM this morning, 7/16. So it sounds like UPS doesn't even have it yet. Seems impossible that 2 day shipping can actually mean 2 days at this point.

Upvote 0
Nothing moved this weekend...at least on my end.

A call to UPS ...they have not gotten the package yet although I got a delivery confirmation email for Monday! ( must be automated based on when Google loads the label)

On hold with Google now...." experiencing high call volume...and may not be able to answer my call in a reasonable time" A pre-hold message said devices where shipping out today and for the next three days. Somehow I am dubious at this point..and I doubt seriously my nexus 7 arrives today.

Upvote 0
This may sound stupid but yesterday when I logged on to Mychoice I had the option to select a 2 hour delivery window and provide delivery instructions. Today both those options are gone which could mean that it's already in transit out for delivery today. There's hope!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1342442796.219079.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1342442796.219079.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 72
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1342442806.871438.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1342442806.871438.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 72
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones