• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] LG G2 Stuck in fastboot mode. PLEASE HELP!

Ok so if you KNOW you were on the ZVC firmware prior to this little stumble, then all you should need to download and flash is the laf partition. If you are unsure, download both laf and aboot from here:

Listing of zvc_partitions (thanks to Autoprime for the uploads)

Rename the file(s) to remove the number and dash in front of the filename(s) so you end up with files called aboot.img and laf.img.

Next place the file(s) into your sdk-tools folder.

Then with the phone plugged into the pc and showing fastboot mode, change directory to your sdk-tools folder and issue the following commands:

This first one only applies if you're unsure about being on the ZVC firmware. If unsure, flash aboot by typing fastboot flash aboot aboot.img

Then no matter what the situation, you'll flash laf by typing fastboot flash laf laf.img

Once done, exit cmd and unplug the phone. Hold the power button for 10 seconds making sure it's powered down entirely. Now try to enter download mode by pressing and holding volume up while at the same time plugging the phone back into the PC. Report whether you get download mode now.

Ok so if you KNOW you were on the ZVC firmware prior to this little stumble, then all you should need to download and flash is the laf partition. If you are unsure, download both laf and aboot from here:

Listing of zvc_partitions (thanks to Autoprime for the uploads)

Rename the file(s) to remove the number and dash in front of the filename(s) so you end up with files called aboot.img and laf.img.

Next place the file(s) into your sdk-tools folder.

Then with the phone plugged into the pc and showing fastboot mode, change directory to your sdk-tools folder and issue the following commands:

This first one only applies if you're unsure about being on the ZVC firmware. If unsure, flash aboot by typing fastboot flash aboot aboot.img

Then no matter what the situation, you'll flash laf by typing fastboot flash laf laf.img

Once done, exit cmd and unplug the phone. Hold the power button for 10 seconds making sure it's powered down entirely. Now try to enter download mode by pressing and holding volume up while at the same time plugging the phone back into the PC. Report whether you get download mode now.

Thank you SOOOOOO much! Download mode worked now, and I know what to do at this point. What can I do to repay you? I'll do anything! lol

Attachments

• lgflashtool.jpg
    lgflashtool.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 356
Ok so we have what we need in there, one hurdle cleared.

Let's try some different drivers then since that's about where our problem has to lie right now. I don't know if the pdanet drivers include fastboot but I'm running out of ideas (short of booting a linux live disc or VM) so give them a shot:

pdanet drivers

Basically, you just need to install it to your machine as it comes packaged with drivers. I'm pretty much hoping they auto apply once your fastboot device is plugged in.

Hello all,
i am having excactly the same problem, no recoverym no download mode, i cannot see in devices with official drivers as lg only to other devices with a yellow !
tried the above drivers and it seemed connected as in the screenshot but before installation of pdanet finishes when the driver was laready connected and padnet tried to update phone it get stuck and then the error was unable to handsake with device..
Any suggestions please??

Ps i can see the g2 connected in devices with official drivers when i am not in download mode but it cant help to proceed any further.

Hello all,
i am having excactly the same problem, no recoverym no download mode, i cannot see in devices with official drivers as lg only to other devices with a yellow !
tried the above drivers and it seemed connected as in the screenshot but before installation of pdanet finishes when the driver was laready connected and padnet tried to update phone it get stuck and then the error was unable to handsake with device..
Any suggestions please??

Ps i can see the g2 connected in devices with official drivers when i am not in download mode but it cant help to proceed any further.

About the only ideas I have are to try rebooting the PC if you haven't already. Ideally with the phone still plugged into usb and in fastboot mode.

Otherwise you can try the Koush Universal adb/fastboot driver if you haven't already. Get it here:
Koush

If none of that pans out, I'm not sure where else to look for a fastboot driver for this variant. My last remaining idea would be to try a Mac if you have access to one or Linux in a virtual machine or a linux live disc preferably on a usb memory stick. With Linux, you don't have to be concerned with the usb/driver issues that Windows users face.

i managed with koush to fastboot aboot boot iaf and now i cannot even power on the phone!
Also it does not charge.
Red led comes on & off if i hold power and vol down

i managed with koush to fastboot aboot boot iaf and now i cannot even power on the phone!
Also it does not charge.
Red led comes on & off if i hold power and vol down

So you have a Sprint G2 and you're positive you used files for the Sprint variant right? did you also fastboot flash boot? I'm not really sure what you've all done so far so I can't really help much.

If you fastboot flashed the Sprint ZVC aboot and laf, you then disconnect from the cable and press and hold power to shut the phone off. Once off, you then press and hold volume up while at the same time plugging the phone back into the PC. Is that what you've tried?

So you have a Sprint G2 and you're positive you used files for the Sprint variant right? did you also fastboot flash boot? I'm not really sure what you've all done so far so I can't really help much.

If you fastboot flashed the Sprint ZVC aboot and laf, you then disconnect from the cable and press and hold power to shut the phone off. Once off, you then press and hold volume up while at the same time plugging the phone back into the PC. Is that what you've tried?

yes you are right it seems that it cannot charge because i had already low battery.
I dont think there is anything else i can do...

yes you are right it seems that it cannot charge because i had already low battery.
I dont think there is anything else i can do...

Hmm, probably the best thing you can try is to long press power for 15 seconds to ensure it's off, then plug into the wall using the stock charging cable for at least a few hours. If it has any sort of life, it should charge in that fashion even if the light isn't showing up.

If after that, you still have absolutely nothing, it's not a good sign.

Ok so we have what we need in there, one hurdle cleared.

Let's try some different drivers then since that's about where our problem has to lie right now. I don't know if the pdanet drivers include fastboot but I'm running out of ideas (short of booting a linux live disc or VM) so give them a shot:

Download PdaNet+

Basically, you just need to install it to your machine as it comes packaged with drivers. I'm pretty much hoping they auto apply once your fastboot device is plugged in.

I'm having the exact problems on my Sprint LG G2 and when I try to download Pdanet, it fails because it can't update Pdanet on my phone.

I'm having the exact problems on my Sprint LG G2 and when I try to download Pdanet, it fails because it can't update Pdanet on my phone.

You don't have to actually run Pdanet. It comes packaged with drivers that may work for fastboot.

So the hope is that having those drivers on your machine will cause Windows to search for, and use them, if you've been having problems using fastboot commands.

Thank you SOOOOOO much! Download mode worked now, and I know what to do at this point. What can I do to repay you? I'll do anything! lol

that program doesn't like me i could never get it to unbrick my ls980 so i own a very expensive paper weight now i also didn't know how to flash also roms or romps based on ZVD and what radios to flash... my nexus 5 is a whole lot easier to flash aosp rims too xD can anyone help?

that program doesn't like me i could never get it to unbrick my ls980 so i own a very expensive paper weight now i also didn't know how to flash also roms or romps based on ZVD and what radios to flash... my nexus 5 is a whole lot easier to flash aosp rims too xD can anyone help?

Are you sure it's hard bricked? Meaning it won't turn on at all. No recovery mode or download mode by using the external key combinations? No fastboot screen showing?

im no noob i can boot to download mode and it fastboots but no recovery i just cant get the lg flash tool to go beyond the "ready!!" screen

Oh, I misunderstood your problem, didn't realize you were talking about LG Flash Tools I thought you were still struggling with fastboot flash.

So anyway, once you hit the yellow arrow, you have to unplug the phone, power it off, then go back into download mode and it should start the flash. Have you done that and still no go?

Its been 2 months since this thing has turned on again just found a 4.2.2 file and flashed it with my brothers computer and it worked just had to unplug and replug once it says ready I'm so happy now just to replace the screen thanks for the assistance I'll download towel root and a app to install twrp can you possible private msg me on how to install aosp Roms safety which kernels radios and stuff (I'm on ZV8 right now so idk if that helps the ls980 is a lot more complex than my nexus 5)

can you possible private msg me on how to install aosp Roms safety which kernels radios and stuff (I'm on ZV8 right now so idk if that helps the ls980 is a lot more complex than my nexus 5)

I can't help you there because I agree, AOSP based roms involve complexities on this phone. Too many bootstack and other requirements. I have avoided them and have been on rooted stock now for the last several months with no desire to mess about any further. Sorry I couldn't help you on that part.

Both would be so helpful please my lg g2 is stuck on fastboot and I'm trying to fix it and idk what to do :( Please help I would really appreciate it :)

Both would be so helpful please my lg g2 is stuck on fastboot and I'm trying to fix it and idk what to do :( Please help I would really appreciate it :)

It'd be difficult for anyone to video the download mode restoration while the phone is in fastboot mode because it only goes into that mode when download mode becomes unavailable. So not likely anyone is going to intentionally bork their download mode to shoot a vid.

The second step of restoring MAY have a vid somewhere out there. If not, there are some pretty decent written instructions for that.

Your primary concern though will be restoring download mode so you can then transition to stage 2 of restoring the stock firmware. If you want assistance with the fastboot portion, I can help with that. PM sent.

Ok so to fix your download mode you'll need to have the sdk installed which allows one to use adb/fastboot commands to the phone. If you already have that great, if not you can install our forum's mini-sdk which is much smaller in size than the full version. Find it and the basic install instructs here:

http://androidforums.com/faqs/443072-adb-guide-updated-2013-05-21-a.html#post5389081

For the best results, unzip to the root of your "C" drive if using Windows.

You can check for a good fastboot connection by running one of two commands:
fastboot devices
fastboot reboot

The latter sometimes works better to ensure you're all set as it will reboot the phone leaving no doubt.

You then need aboot.img and laf.img for your phone. The most recent I can find is ZV8 partitions here:
Listing of zv8_partitions

Make sure you're left clicking on the two files, do not right click and 'save as". Place aboot.img and laf.img into your sdk-tools folder (if using our forum's mini-sdk).

Now with a working fastboot connection, and the phone connected to the pc showing fastboot on it's screen, open command prompt and change directory to the sdk-tools folder on your C drive so...

cd c:\ sdk-tools

From there flash aboot:

fastboot flash aboot aboot.img

Next boot laf:

fastboot boot laf.img

At that point, download mode should start. It may result in a black screen since you're only booting laf and not flashing it. This happens, you have to essentially trust that it's working. Then you can run LG Flash Tools and flash your device's tot as per the intructs here:

LG G2 Stock Firmware (Go Back to Stock) | LG G2 | XDA Forums

Good luck, ask if questions. :)

Back
Top Bottom