• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] LG G2 Stuck in fastboot mode. PLEASE HELP!

hanks for the help. my brother decided to flash some random files to it and killed it before i got to see your post :S
err...
now it just shows a bunch of drives and a black screen. i am guessing those are the partitions.
errrrrrr......
this messup had nothing to do with this thread.

If it shows up as qhsusb_bulk in windows device manager, you can likely fix it. However that fix requires either Linux (even live disc on usb stick will work) or a VM running Linux. Ubuntu preferred imo. Here's the basic procedure:

[FIX] NO Recovery mode, No download mode, af… | LG G2 | XDA Forums

However, I'd amend those instructions to only dd write aboot and laf to start with - same 2 files you originally used. Then check for download mode. If you get it, then use LG Flash Tools to tot back to stock.

So there are some substantial differences in what I'm suggesting you do vs what that thread says. But all the stuff leading up to flashing aboot/laf will be just like it shows there.

dont have to worry about fast boot mode ...
its just a black screen loading multiple drives when i plug in usb now r well thought i was getting there not so much now

dont have to worry about fast boot mode ...
its just a black screen loading multiple drives when i plug in usb now r well thought i was getting there not so much now

Check device manager. If the phone is showing up as qshusb_bulk and windows is trying to mount a bunch of drives then you can fix with linux. (full install, live disc or vm)

thanks i have been running with that idea appreciate the in put
ive read so many forums im going quite mad , just working out how to use linux on my windows notebook... thanks

thanks i have been running with that idea appreciate the in put
ive read so many forums im going quite mad , just working out how to use linux on my windows notebook... thanks

Let me save you some grief.

Assuming your netbook has at least one usb port, I'd install it on a usb flash drive (2 GB minimum). First insert the usb stick into your windows machine and when it pops up, right click and format it to FAT32.

Go HERE and download Ubuntu 14.04. For your needs, the 32 bit version will do just fine.

Once you have the ISO file downloaded to your notebook, download THIS. That little program will burn the ISO onto the drive for you.

Once that's done, figure out which Fkey or combination is required to bring up your notebooks BIOS settings. Change the boot order such that the first bootable item is the usb flash drive. (it's called different things depending on bios version...flash drive, usb-hdd, etc). Save bios settings and exit, then reboot your machine with the usb stick plugged into the pc.

You should soon see a screen asking you to install or try ubuntu, choose the option to try. At that point, you're in ubuntu and it'll run just like a normal OS. On the very upper left corner of the screen is a button with the ubuntu logo on it. Click on that and search for "terminal". Once it shows, click on it and you'll be ready to start.

would like to let you know i dont ask for help before reading as much info that i can handle but realize that im now playing with my hp elitebook and dont want to mess it up so..
i have followed your instructions have moved usb hdd up the list and rebooted after downloading and running usb loader program not sure if its doing what its supposed to.Dont see any logo to find terminal,re checked boot and its still at the top
my computer shows Local disc c
and d drive usb as install ubuntu D when i right click it got program folders
ive rebooted com 2 times
dont knpw what else to add except thanks for your time and trouble

had another go with f9 and im into ubuntu mind you when i plugged in lg it it opend up pages of volumes
ok got terminal thanks...lets see what i can do

had another go with f9 and im into ubuntu mind you when i plugged in lg it it opend up pages of volumes
ok got terminal thanks...lets see what i can do

Just to verify, you are running a Sprint LG G2 correct? I assume so but I didn't see where you specified for sure. Also, if you're using the "No Recovery, No Download Mode" thread from XDA, I'd recommend changing those intstructions to only flash aboot, boot and laf.

Then try to boot into download mode instead of using recovery like that thread mentions.

To anyone following this thread closely during the last few days:

We had several posts here relating to a problem with a gentleman's D802 (International). For the sake of eliminating confusion, that entire conversation has been moved to a new thread here:

http://androidforums.com/international-lg-g2-all-things-root/876134-d802-stuck-in-fastboot-mode.html

Just wanted to let everyone know in case you were here during the last few days actively following that for a solution of your own. If you have no idea what I'm talking about here, nevermind...it's one of those "you had to be there" kinda things. :D

Carry on with any LS980 questions/concerns and thanks for your patience during the sidebar. Cheers and thanks.

hi sorry missed your reply spent half the night using that complete thread pushed all img's and openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-g2d802 noting its is not img , finally finished and tried to reboot babam nothing ,i did push 1 img out of order not sure that would have made any difference or not ,tried another dd that i found that was supposed to help boot somthing ending in mofit ? ,still nothing .took awhile to get my turbo head around ubuntu and used sudo to push files
do i use ubuntu to flash aboot, boot and laf.again im sure i have those files
thanks

sorry didnt say LG G2 32GB Unlocked GSM Worldwide & Rooted Smartphone Android 4.4.2 KitKat Featuring OptimusG3 ROM

hi sorry missed your reply spent half the night using that complete thread pushed all img's and openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-g2d802 noting its is not img , finally finished and tried to reboot babam nothing ,i did push 1 img out of order not sure that would have made any difference or not ,tried another dd that i found that was supposed to help boot somthing ending in mofit ? ,still nothing .took awhile to get my turbo head around ubuntu and used sudo to push files
thanks

What situation are you in right now in terms of phone recognition? Are you still in qhsusb_bulk mode where you can interface the phone?

thanks

I really cannot follow what you have done to this point but if you have not flashed those 3 partitions, then yes that is what I would do. In fact, coming from where you are right now, I'd be inclined to flash the whole bootstack in addition. So if it were my phone, I would find the most recent partitions for it and then flash:

aboot
boot
laf
rpm
sbl1
tz
dbi

It's up to you however. You know what you've done more so than anyone else. When you're done flashing the partitions, you'll need to long press the power button for 15-20 seconds to turn off the phone. After that, press and hold volume up while at the same time plugging into USB in order to enter download mode. If all went well you will have a download mode. From there, you can use LG Flash Tools to reflash stock per THESE instructs.

hi completed as per instructions with ubuntu and still just getting same qhsusb_bulk mode in devices
when attempting download mode i get pop up on desktop when opened has image file
have followed instructions for download there is no blue download flash on screen as you get with fastboot mode and there is no logo etc
in ubuntu i recieved as per instructions on foram....you will get some information about the file size you pushed and maybe time of the operation.
do you know of a way to boot phone like with sdk in fast bootmode

thanks

Ok so if you KNOW you were on the ZVC firmware prior to this little stumble, then all you should need to download and flash is the laf partition. If you are unsure, download both laf and aboot from here:

Rename the file(s) to remove the number and dash in front of the filename(s) so you end up with files called aboot.img and laf.img.

Next place the file(s) into your sdk-tools folder.

Then with the phone plugged into the pc and showing fastboot mode, change directory to your sdk-tools folder and issue the following commands:

This first one only applies if you're unsure about being on the ZVC firmware. If unsure, flash aboot by typing fastboot flash aboot aboot.img

Then no matter what the situation, you'll flash laf by typing fastboot flash laf laf.img

Once done, exit cmd and unplug the phone. Hold the power button for 10 seconds making sure it's powered down entirely. Now try to enter download mode by pressing and holding volume up while at the same time plugging the phone back into the PC. Report whether you get download mode now.

Thank YOUU so much :) Computer recognized my phone. And I can enter the download mode now. But I can't enter the recovery mode.

This time I have to use LG Flash tool and .tot file.
I downloaded the ZVC tot file and the .dll file.
I'm using manual mode. I changed the port of the phone as COM41.
Everything is ok but in manual mode, I select the dll and tot files.
And click the OK button. But it doesn't change to READY.

What can I do?

Attachments

• Ads?z2.jpg
    Ads?z2.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 81
  • Ads?z3.jpg
    Ads?z3.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 107
Thank YOUU so much :) Computer recognized my phone. And I can enter the download mode now. But I can't enter the recovery mode.

This time I have to use LG Flash tool and .tot file.
I downloaded the ZVC tot file and the .dll file.
I'm using manual mode. I changed the port of the phone as COM41.
Everything is ok but in manual mode, I select the dll and tot files.
And click the OK button. But it doesn't change to READY.

What can I do?

What version of Windows are you running?

Back
Top Bottom