• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] LG G2 Stuck in fastboot mode. PLEASE HELP!

Ok,Ubuntu worked after a rew installing.I flashed the 3 img.everthing did well(Terminal Said),but no Download Mode????????????

could i not delete all the img files and flash them again with ubuntu?

Ok,Ubuntu worked after a rew installing.I flashed the 3 img.everthing did well(Terminal Said),but no Download Mode????????????

could i not delete all the img files and flash them again with ubuntu?

So to be clear you own a Verizon VS980 right? And you flashed only aboot, boot and laf using the links to the files I posted several posts above this one? That should work to restore download mode. Be sure you're holding the power button down for 15-20 seconds to turn off as mentioned, then press and hold volume up, and while still holding volume up, plug into the PC.

Are all of the above things happening and still no download mode? If so, please check the size of the files as they're listed on the download page I linked. Make sure the file size you got after download matches the listed size. Be SURE you're not right clicking and "save as" to get those partition files as it causes problems. You must left click on them and wait for a prompt to save them to your PC.

Something cannot be right for this not to work. Check your commands very carefully. It may be a good idea to post a screenshot of the command prompt window so we can see what you're doing, the size of the files that are writing, and the exact commands being used.

When i open the case there stands vs980_0211

Are you sure that i neeed the 26A partition,from who do you know that?

When i open the case there stands vs980_0211

Are you sure that i neeed the 26A partition,from who do you know that?

They wouldn't necessarily HAVE to be the 26a partitions, I just wanted to make absolutely sure you had a VS980 since the ones I linked for you are for that.

The majority of VS980 users are on 26a by now. So once you get download mode working and it comes time to flash a tot, it'd be ideal that you're manually flashing partitions of the same OS version. There's less that can go wrong. The next newest tot we have is 12B and that's rather old.

When i start my phone normally and Plug in my USB-Cable ,the phone is shown as LGE Android Phone.
But when i get with Power+VolDown into HardResetMode and Press Yes,Yes it comes the Lg Logo and on the upper right side stands boot cerfication verify..
then after 2 seconds i only get a black screen,now my phone is detectes as qhusb_bulk

I think i now what the fail was,i flashed the 26a files,but yesteday i looked at the packaging of my phone,there stands :vs980_24A

Hmm but no 24a files are to download ?

Personally, I would wait to flash a recovery right now. The process to use Loki has become way too convoluted and dangerous. Downgrading aboot, flashing a patched kernel, too much failure.

BUMP has now been released for the G3 and is working already with G2's as well. However, I just verified today that the current TWRP recovery.img for the VS980 is not bump compatible. This is because it was likely built on the JB kernel and we need one build on the KK kernel to match the rest of the 26a bootstack.

Once somebody builds a TWRP from the KK kernel, we will be able to bump that and have a perfectly working recovery without all the workarounds.

I've used autorec for install a new recovery and now everything is solved :D:D:D:D:D

Thank you very much

I think i now what the fail was,i flashed the 26a files,but yesteday i looked at the packaging of my phone,there stands :vs980_24A

Hmm but no 24a files are to download ?

We don't have the files for 24a but I'm surprised the 26a ones aren't working. Shouldn't matter if you're on 24a. If you flash all 3 files they work independently. Anyway, maybe try 12b instead, I have no other ideas.

And make sure you're unplugged and holding the power button afterward for a full 15+ seconds before trying to enter download mode or it won't work.

Hmm,why dont we have the 24A?

Because nobody purchased the tot. Or if they did it wasn't made widely available. These things aren't provided by LG like some manufacturers. We get them via an underground market or they're leaked.

Ok,now I tryed 24a,26a and 11a nothing worked for me.I did this tutorial:
[FIX] NO Recovery mode, No download mode, af… | LG G2 | XDA Forums

Ubuntu says everything went well,but after restarting the phone,the same shit.....
A few day ago,my phone went after restart into fastboot mode,in that time i did fastboot-erase,flash I idiot flashed the false partitions,and i think i erased to many files.After that my phone didnt boot into fastboot,only LgLogo.I think everything what i did after that fail was pointless,because somehow it doesnt work.....

Any idea,please help me.Or have i got to buy a new Motherboard?

Ok,now I tryed 24a,26a and 11a nothing worked for me.I did this tutorial:
[FIX] NO Recovery mode, No download mode, af… | LG G2 | XDA Forums

Ubuntu says everything went well,but after restarting the phone,the same shit.....
A few day ago,my phone went after restart into fastboot mode,in that time i did fastboot-erase,flash I idiot flashed the false partitions,and i think i erased to many files.After that my phone didnt boot into fastboot,only LgLogo.I think everything what i did after that fail was pointless,because somehow it doesnt work.....

Any idea,please help me.Or have i got to buy a new Motherboard?

You need to use a modified version of that tutorial. Same idea but instead flash (dd write) only aboot, boot and laf. That should give you download mode so you can restore the phone back to stock. In that thread they were originally trying to get recovery working again but that doesn't really help our situation anymore.

If you only have fastboot mode now, that's better than nothing. Use that instead to flash aboot, boot and laf from the same OS version whichever you choose 26a or 12b. If you've already tried the aboot, boot and laf from both of those packages and neither one restores download mode...then you are done and it can't be fixed by any means I'm aware of.

Actually, there is one other thing you could try if the above doesn't work and that's to fastboot flash the entire bootstack. In other words...

aboot
boot
laf
rpm
sbl1
tz
dbi

Ok so to fix your download mode you'll need to have the sdk installed which allows one to use adb/fastboot commands to the phone. If you already have that great, if not you can install our forum's mini-sdk which is much smaller in size than the full version. Find it and the basic install instructs here:

http://androidforums.com/faqs/443072-adb-guide-updated-2013-05-21-a.html#post5389081

For the best results, unzip to the root of your "C" drive if using Windows.

You can check for a good fastboot connection by running one of two commands:
fastboot devices
fastboot reboot

The latter sometimes works better to ensure you're all set as it will reboot the phone leaving no doubt.

You then need aboot.img and laf.img for your phone. The most recent I can find is ZV8 partitions here:
Listing of zv8_partitions

Make sure you're left clicking on the two files, do not right click and 'save as". Place aboot.img and laf.img into your sdk-tools folder (if using our forum's mini-sdk).

Now with a working fastboot connection, and the phone connected to the pc showing fastboot on it's screen, open command prompt and change directory to the sdk-tools folder on your C drive so...

cd c:\ sdk-tools

From there flash aboot:

fastboot flash aboot aboot.img

Next boot laf:

fastboot boot laf.img

At that point, download mode should start. It may result in a black screen since you're only booting laf and not flashing it. This happens, you have to essentially trust that it's working. Then you can run LG Flash Tools and flash your device's tot as per the intructs here:

LG G2 Stock Firmware (Go Back to Stock) | LG G2 | XDA Forums

Good luck, ask if questions. :)

I am exactly at this point, can I use KDZ method rather than TOT? Thank you in advance for your response, cheers bro.

HELP!! MY LG G2 THE KOREN VERSION IS STUCK IN FAST BOOT... BLACK SCREEN... I DON'T KNOW HAT TO DO.. I INSTALLED EVERY DRIVER I COULD FID IN THE NET.. NOTHING WOKRS! :(

HELP... my lg g2 f320k is stuck in fast mode... i can't even go to the download mode and recovery mode.. here is a pic of it.. any help would be greatly appreciated.. thank you.. - shy

Attachments

• 20141125_122314.jpg
    20141125_122314.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 128
i must say.. i am not a technical savvy.. i just know the basics.. but this error.. well.. helpless... too difficult.. searched youtube and google about this... nothing works.. please help... my first message shows the pic of the error... thanks

i must say.. i am not a technical savvy.. i just know the basics.. but this error.. well.. helpless... too difficult.. searched youtube and google about this... nothing works.. please help... my first message shows the pic of the error... thanks

By Korean model, do you mean the F320K, F320L, or F320S? Let's start there. Also, if you don't already have the Android SDK (or our forum's mini sdk found in the FAQ section), you'll need that to do fastboot commands.

Back
Top Bottom