• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] LG G2 Stuck in fastboot mode. PLEASE HELP!

Ok I've done it. Flash Tool worked.
But it got to 94% then said "usb port open fail"

What can I do?
The device started normally and there is no issue I think.

Hello iowabowtech,

I just escaped from the problem-stuck with fastboot after following wonderful guide..
I got download mode and flashed stock kdz file and flashed successfully without error.
But after flashing is complete, now stuck with lg logo...
I tried many times the flashing...and every time successfully flashed..(in both ways normal flash and cse flash)- flashing success...
But still at lg logo...
I tried to get hard reset..by pressing volume down+power keys..but there is no more factory reset window..same lg logo appears.
Please solve my problem...
My device LG G2 D802 32GB.

Hello iowabowtech,

I just escaped from the problem-stuck with fastboot after following wonderful guide..
I got download mode and flashed stock kdz file and flashed successfully without error.
But after flashing is complete, now stuck with lg logo...
I tried many times the flashing...and every time successfully flashed..(in both ways normal flash and cse flash)- flashing success...
But still at lg logo...
I tried to get hard reset..by pressing volume down+power keys..but there is no more factory reset window..same lg logo appears.
Please solve my problem...
My device LG G2 D802 32GB.

I believe on some of the D802's, the key combination is slightly different or at least I've had that info communicated to me by other users. I believe you may need to either press power and volume up after the LG logo shows, or perhaps all 3 buttons? Sorry, I don't have a D802 so I'm not quite sure of the specific buttons/timing associated with that.

I've always felt like a factory reset should not be needed after a CSE flash but I suppose anything is worth a try. You may need to also consider trying a different kdz unless you are absolutely positive you have the one for your phone. Unfortunately with the D802, there are a lot of combinations out there and some phones seem to be particular about the firmware they accept. It would be nice if we had more tot files for these D802's and the different regions they were released in. I think that would make things go much smoother.

I have got the same problem with my G2Verizon 32gb,everthing works as you have said it,but when i do:
ow with a working fastboot connection, and the phone connected to the pc showing fastboot on it's screen, open command prompt and change directory to the sdk-tools folder on your C drive so...

From there flash aboot:

fastboot flash aboot aboot.img

Next boot laf:

fastboot boot laf.img

Cmd says: fastboot flash aboot aboot.img
target reported max download size of 1862270976 bytes
eroor. cannot load "aboot.img" : No errors

the same at laf.img

?????

Edit:When 1 press all 3 buttons i came into the Hardware Key Control
Edit:It came a little window for 2 seconds where stands DownloadMode but then it switches to fastboot

I have got the same problem with my G2Verizon 32gb,everthing works as you have said it,but when i do:
ow with a working fastboot connection, and the phone connected to the pc showing fastboot on it's screen, open command prompt and change directory to the sdk-tools folder on your C drive so...

From there flash aboot:

Next boot laf:

fastboot boot laf.img

Cmd says: fastboot flash aboot aboot.img
target reported max download size of 1862270976 bytes
eroor. cannot load "aboot.img" : No errors

the same at laf.img

?????

Edit:When 1 press all 3 buttons i came into the Hardware Key Control
Edit:It came a little window for 2 seconds where stands DownloadMode but then it switches to fastboot

You may just want to flash laf then. And also flash both aboot and boot in addition.

Yesterday evening i made big shit.Now i doesnt go into Fastboot,it bootes and then cames the LgLogo,but then it stops?What could i do,Im on dispairing....:mad::mad::(:(:(

Yesterday evening i made big shit.Now i doesnt go into Fastboot,it bootes and then cames the LgLogo,but then it stops?What could i do,Im on dispairing....:mad::mad::(:(:(

Press and hold power for 15-20 seconds to turn it off completely. Hold it any less and it will reboot instead and bootloop at the LG logo. Once off, press and hold volume up while also plugging into the PC. What does it do at that point?

I have already installed the Drivers.Yesterday i found out something other interesting:When i press Power+VolumeDown to get into the Factory data reset mode,then i pressed Yes(erase all user &data),select yes to start,yes,now it shows the LgLogo but on the Left Side it stands: Secure booting Error!
Cause: boot certification verifiy then i get a black Screen,when i now put on the phone in the computer,this happens:

Pic-Upload.de - gesternabend.png

my pc regonizes many (15-20) disks,in one of them=F is a folder called images,with many files inside(look at the picture).
My Windows says "you need to format drive xyz before you can use it"

Usually when multiple drives are being recognized in Windows, it's a sign of bulk mode. Look in Windows device manager when the phone is plugged in and see if it shows as qhsusb_bulk. If yes, you will need Linux, a Linux live disc or a VM to fix.

i downloaded them and flashed them again .
i tried the boot laf.img. i got this error now... :(
and he same error on the phone as mentioned before :(

C:\ls980>fastboot boot laf.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 0.551s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: dtb not found)
finished. total time: 0.718s

C:\ls980>

Same situation here... It seems that this procedure is not working with 980 32gb version...
Is there a solution for this particular device? Please help me

Same situation here... It seems that this procedure is not working with 980 32gb version...
Is there a solution for this particular device? Please help me

If you're on verizon, see the post directly above this one for the files you need...your overall procedure will be a little different but the files you need are the same and those are the 26a aboot, boot and laf. Go ahead and flash those three partitions if booting laf is not working for you. So...

fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash laf laf.img

When you download them, make sure the file size you end up with matches what is listed on that page. When you flash each one, pay attention to the file size of each and make sure they match what fastboot reports back (it tells you the size of the file it just flashed when it performs that function). Make sure they are correct. As long as you do that, it's fairly safe to just flash all three.

Make sure you're using the 26a aboot, boot and laf files assuming that's the firmware you were on at the time of failure which is the case for most VS980 people right now. When you're done with the flashing of those 3 partitions, UNPLUG first, then turn off the phone by long pressing power for no less than 15 seconds. DON'T stop holding the button if you feel a vibrate at less time...continue to hold for a total of 15-20 seconds, then release.

Once off, press and hold volume up while at the same time connecting the phone to the PC. You should get download mode now. If so, use the instructs in the above post to return to stock using LG Flash Tools and the 26a tot and dll files.

Good luck and ask if questions.

If you're on verizon, see the post directly above this one for the files you need...your overall procedure will be a little different but the files you need are the same and those are the 26a aboot, boot and laf. Go ahead and flash those three partitions if booting laf is not working for you. So...

fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash laf laf.img

When you download them, make sure the file size you end up with matches what is listed on that page. When you flash each one, pay attention to the file size of each and make sure they match what fastboot reports back (it tells you the size of the file it just flashed when it performs that function). Make sure they are correct. As long as you do that, it's fairly safe to just flash all three.

Make sure you're using the 26a aboot, boot and laf files assuming that's the firmware you were on at the time of failure which is the case for most VS980 people right now. When you're done with the flashing of those 3 partitions, UNPLUG first, then turn off the phone by long pressing power for no less than 15 seconds. DON'T stop holding the button if you feel a vibrate at less time...continue to hold for a total of 15-20 seconds, then release.

Once off, press and hold volume up while at the same time connecting the phone to the PC. You should get download mode now. If so, use the instructs in the above post to return to stock using LG Flash Tools and the 26a tot and dll files.

Good luck and ask if questions.

WOW, no download mode, I was crying when the phone has reboot normally
surprised.gif

Now I don't want to switch off nevermore!!
How can I put while the phone is on a right recovery for flash a rom?

Thanks!!!

Ok, yesterday i flashed with the XDA tutorial the 11a Files,the wrong(i wondered myself why it didnt work:) ugggggg,sorry

When i now plug in my phone in linux,my phone screen goes to a brigt dark to a dark dark,the whole time.That the Tut works,it should be on a bright dark.The Pc regonizes the phone,then not,then the pc recognizes it again.....What could i do?In windows doesnt happen that.

Ok, yesterday i flashed with the XDA tutorial the 11a Files,the wrong(i wondered myself why it didnt work:) ugggggg,sorry

When i now plug in my phone in linux,my phone screen goes to a brigt dark to a dark dark,the whole time.That the Tut works,it should be on a bright dark.The Pc regonizes the phone,then not,then the pc recognizes it again.....What could i do?In windows doesnt happen that.

Well I'm not sure to be totally truthful. Without the ability to see the mode it's in via Windows device manager, everything is essentially a guess. You may have lost qhsusb_bulk mode.

One thing I can offer that's worked for at least one person in IRC...try Knoppix Linux. If it's trying to constantly mount/unmount drives, its a tough situation. For whatever reason, Knoppix allowed the user to move forward when other distros would not. I can't explain that, I can only say what worked in that case.

WOW, no download mode, I was crying when the phone has reboot normally
surprised.gif

Now I don't want to switch off nevermore!!
How can I put while the phone is on a right recovery for flash a rom?

Thanks!!!

Personally, I would wait to flash a recovery right now. The process to use Loki has become way too convoluted and dangerous. Downgrading aboot, flashing a patched kernel, too much failure.

BUMP has now been released for the G3 and is working already with G2's as well. However, I just verified today that the current TWRP recovery.img for the VS980 is not bump compatible. This is because it was likely built on the JB kernel and we need one build on the KK kernel to match the rest of the 26a bootstack.

Once somebody builds a TWRP from the KK kernel, we will be able to bump that and have a perfectly working recovery without all the workarounds.

Hmm,but in Windows everything works?

Windows is usually trying to mount a bunch of drives when qhsusb_bulk mode is active on the G2. I'm not sure if it showed up for him in Windows or if he was experiencing the same issue there as well. Can't remember, it's been awhile.

All I know is he couldn't get a stable connection in Ubuntu or whatever Linux distro he was using at the time and others have experienced the same thing.

No,in windows access von the folder image in Drive F.In Linux the Drives comes and goes the whole time,i will try knoppix now...

Back
Top Bottom