• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] LG G2 Stuck in fastboot mode. PLEASE HELP!

By Korean model, do you mean the F320K, F320L, or F320S? Let's start there. Also, if you don't already have the Android SDK (or our forum's mini sdk found in the FAQ section), you'll need that to do fastboot commands.
Fastboot is a great place to be, you can do enough there to restore a phone. Sometimes I wish I could get into fastboot. From fastboot you can, factory wipe, reboot, reboot recovery, install from cache, and invoke adb, for sideload, flash boot.img, recovery.img, etc. You can prob flash to every partition you know. Pretty sure it has to be an .img or .bin file.

He everyone.

Ive been following this thread cause I have EXACTLY the same problem of the person who open it.

After following the advices you give him, I could make my phone recognized with the fastboot (I can flash, reboot, etc), but after flashing the aboot.img and laf.img, Im still having the same problem..

I have a LG G2 D802 32GB . Ive tried with all the aboot and laf from the D802/Stock Firmware of that famous link, but none of the worked..

Can someone help me here ??

Thanks to all ! Hope I can fix my phone with your help.. I bought it today after my old one broke in a fall T.T haha

He everyone.

Ive been following this thread cause I have EXACTLY the same problem of the person who open it.

After following the advices you give him, I could make my phone recognized with the fastboot (I can flash, reboot, etc), but after flashing the aboot.img and laf.img, Im still having the same problem..

I have a LG G2 D802 32GB . Ive tried with all the aboot and laf from the D802/Stock Firmware of that famous link, but none of the worked..

Can someone help me here ??

Thanks to all ! Hope I can fix my phone with your help.. I bought it today after my old one broke in a fall T.T haha

Howdy. :)

Theoretically, you should only need to flash aboot, boot and laf. However, that doesn't seem to be working for most D802's anymore so if it were me, I'd use fastboot to flash the entire bootstack. Here's my own link for the D802 20B partitions:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7460142/D802_20B.zip

fastboot flash aboot aboot.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash dbi dbi.img
fastboot flash laf laf.img
fastboot flash rpm rpm.img
fastboot flash sbl1 sbl1.img (that's S-B-L-the number one)
fastboot flash tz tz.img

Get rid of any other img files you have or move them to a different spot so you don't get them confused with the files I provided. You do not want to mix and match these files when flashing. They all need to be from the same firmware version.

At that point you should have download mode. If you just so happen to own a Southeast Asia (SEA) variant, you can get the 32 GB tot file here:

Otherwise, locate your region's KDZ and use that. Good luck.

There it is, DOWNLOAD MODE !!

Thanks a lot iowabowtech..

Apart from the help you give me, I really want to thanks for all the people you are helping here.. Ive been reading this thread and you simply dont give up with no one and try to give them the best solution for their problem.

Honestly.. thank you very much.

There it is, DOWNLOAD MODE !!

Thanks a lot iowabowtech..

Apart from the help you give me, I really want to thanks for all the people you are helping here.. Ive been reading this thread and you simply dont give up with no one and try to give them the best solution for their problem.

Honestly.. thank you very much.
You're welcome brother. Good to have you with us.

edit: if you do end up going with a kdz and you use the 2014 kdz flash tool found at xda...absolutely, positively use the "CSE" flash method within that tool. It'll give you a full reset back to stock. The kdz flash is unfortunately where many of the D802's have been failing to restore. I hope your luck is different. Let us know how it goes.

I went to sleep yesterday, so I still didnt do anything in the download mode.. which method do you recommend me to go back to stock (or something working) ?

Ive read that the KDZ method, as you said, is not very trsuted.. Is there other way ?

At the moment the only thing I found is this and im not pretty sure what my KDZ is.

At the back of my phone, it says LG-D802 and at the end Made in Korea. I dont know if it helps. And if it can give an extra information, it also says LG-D802 | FCC ID: ZNFD802

Ive tried here with my IMEI but no firmware was able to download T.T

Im downloading at the moment a "D80220C_00.kdz" file which I got from other LG G2 D802 32GB IMEI in that web, but i dont want to try anything till im sure..

Thanks in advance !! ^.^

EDIT: If I turn on the phone normally, it loads Android, but the touch does not respond correctly. Maybe its something and I can fix it in other way, rather than the ZDK flash.

Last edited:
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f177/how-get-lg-flashfiles-direct-kdz-1744645/

Use the instructs in the OP of the above thread to use your IMEI. It should bring up a list of information about your phone. About halfway down that page of info will be the link to your KDZ but not all variants allow a kdz to be posted. At any rate, there will be other info on that page that should give us a clue as to the region your firmware was for.

There are those who say a D802 should work with any D802 firmware (aside from the 16GB/32GB which must be specific). I have not found that to be the case however. If you look through the G2 International all things root subforum here, you'll see that many people have failed to get a fully working phone when using random KDZ's for the D802.

Therefore, it's my own theory that you have to get more specific firmware down to the region. If nothing else, I think it'd be wise to at least attempt that. There is another possibility too...you may have bought an 802 that came with a given firmware for a given region, but you may live halfway around the world from that region. I've had people living in Europe (EUR), try that firmware and it fails. They run a check using their IMEI and their phone was made for Korea (KOR) or Southeast Asia (SEA), etc. The unfortunate thing about the D802 is that we only have a few tot's and there is a crazy amount of subvariants (regions) for the D802. As in multiple dozens.

That "return to stock" thread you listed from xda is usually the one I point people to. You can see in the OP, there's 2 methods to return to stock, tot method and kdz method. The tot method is by far preferred but again, lack of tot's for this device. There is a way to get certain tots however. See this site:

Yep, it's pretty much black market. I've used it, many others have and that is the source of several of the tot files you'll find floating around on the internet. We have purchased them and made them available for widespread use. They mostly cost about $10-17 USD each which isn't all that bad if you end up with a working phone out of the deal. Anyway, just keep that in the back of your mind in case you need it.

If you are currently booting and your touch screen works enough that you can somewhat navigate, you could try just updating the touch screen firmware. What you do is open the dialer (phone app), and enter 3845#*802# into the dialer. Then go to settings > update touch firmware. Wait 10 seconds, then see if the screen reacts normally. Might need a reboot to be sure.

Ive already tried that page. Ive seen it on one of your replies. Ive tried it with no luck.
When I put my IMEI, the result is the image attached here.

Im going crazy T.T

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    42.5 KB · Views: 119
Ive already tried that page. Ive seen it on one of your replies. Ive tried it with no luck.
When I put my IMEI, the result is the image attached here.

Im going crazy T.T

Hate to say this my friend but I believe your IMEI has been tampered with. Your IMEI is showing up as a Nexus 5. :(

So basically they sold me crap ? They give me some G2 phone with an invented IMEI ?
I bought it on tuesday so Ill have ot make a claim.. I dont know how I will do that after I unroot my phone :@

Hate this people T.T

So basically they sold me crap ? They give me some G2 phone with an invented IMEI ?
I bought it on tuesday so Ill have ot make a claim.. I dont know how I will do that after I unroot my phone :mad:

Hate this people T.T

Yeah sorry man. I mean it's possible it could be a fluke with the website I suppose but it's showing a D820. Could perhaps be worth contacting LG and ask them if they can verify what's going on. Maybe they can explain it away or help you in some way.

My guess as a skeptic...the phone was stolen. Knowing the IMEI would be blacklisted for reasons of theft, somebody used software (it's out there) to swap the IMEI. Or, somebody else screwed it up while in a similar situation as yourself and accidentally zero'd the original IMEI and stupidly tried to replace it with an IMEI from another phone they had access to which won't work.

I wish you all the best and sorry about the trouble.

Hey one other thing you could do, depending on how deep you want to get into this is remove the back cover off the phone. I think the IMEI might be stamped in there somewhere. I should know, I've had my cover off several times but I can't remember for sure. I think I remember seeing it though. That way you could contact LG and have them run that IMEI for any issues. If the previous user just screwed up and lost their IMEI and the original IMEI happens to be clean still, you may be back in the game.

edit: just saw your newest post above. if you went through amazon on this, you'll likely have no problems returning it and getting your money back or a different phone. Get the hell out of this situation via amazon if you can. that'd be your best bet.

Hey one other thing you could do, depending on how deep you want to get into this is remove the back cover off the phone. I think the IMEI might be stamped in there somewhere. I should know, I've had my cover off several times but I can't remember for sure. I think I remember seeing it though. That way you could contact LG and have them run that IMEI for any issues. If the previous user just screwed up and lost their IMEI and the original IMEI happens to be clean still, you may be back in the game.

edit: just saw your newest post above. if you went through amazon on this, you'll likely have no problems returning it and getting your money back or a different phone. Get the hell out of this situation via amazon if you can. that'd be your best bet.

Hi, good morning everyone, I am from Venezuela and came to this thread because I have exactly he same problem, it was hard to get here.

I am writing in hopes that you can help me please.

My LG G2 32GB D802 is stuck in fastboot mode can not go to dowload because immediately returns to fastboot mode, try hard reset, but igau returns to fastboot mode.

All that happened to me after installing the AUTOREC, now I have my phone died since 2 months unable to solve, it's really frustrating.

What I can do to fix the problem? what are the steps? please would be very grateful if you help me. I azap installed the drivers correctly and recognizes me tlf but only with Windows 7.

I would like to make special mention iowabowtech, you're my salvation potential.

Hi, good morning everyone, I am from Venezuela and came to this thread because I have exactly he same problem, it was hard to get here.

I am writing in hopes that you can help me please.

My LG G2 32GB D802 is stuck in fastboot mode can not go to dowload because immediately returns to fastboot mode, try hard reset, but igau returns to fastboot mode.

All that happened to me after installing the AUTOREC, now I have my phone died since 2 months unable to solve, it's really frustrating.

What I can do to fix the problem? what are the steps? please would be very grateful if you help me. I azap installed the drivers correctly and recognizes me tlf but only with Windows 7.

I would like to make special mention iowabowtech, you're my salvation potential.

Are you the original owner of this phone or did you buy it used? If you bought it used, the first thing you should to is pull the back cover off the phone. Sounds scary but it's not that big of a deal. Get something you can pry with and go slow working around the perimeter of the rear cover until you can get it off. Then it just snaps back into place.

The reason for doing that is people have been regularly buying phones that have their rear covers replaced with ones that say d802 on the back. However when they open them up, they are clearly marked inside as d800, d801 or other.

We don't want to flash incorrect partitions or you may end up worse than you are now. Once that is figured out with absolute certainty, we can proceed to fix the phone.

The phone I bought it on Amazon in NEW condition, but always suspected it was used, well, I uncovered my phone and is marked as version d800, I've been scammed, have sold me a version that I did not order, initially had suspected that because my phone does not support the 900 MHZ band 3G, which uses my carrier in Venezuela, Digitel. There would be no problem with this if the phone was D802.

Thank you for taking some of your time. What should I do?

The phone I bought it on Amazon in NEW condition, but always suspected it was used, well, I uncovered my phone and is marked as version d800, I've been scammed, have sold me a version that I did not order, initially had suspected that because my phone does not support the 900 MHZ band 3G, which uses my carrier in Venezuela, Digitel. There would be no problem with this if the phone was D802.

Thank you for taking some of your time. What should I do?

I would contact Amazon and let them know that you were sold a falsely advertised item through them and that you'd like to receive the D802 you actually paid for. Their customer service is exceptional and you should have no problem. In the meantime, we may want to get your current device back into shape. So now that you know what model you're dealing with, we can fastboot flash aboot, boot and laf from a d800 to restore download mode. Then, in download mode, you can restore stock firmware with LG Flash Tools and a D800 tot file.

Let me know how much help you need here. Do you have the Android sdk or one of the smaller packages out there that allow adb/fastboot and do you know how to use those tools already? If not, no problem. Just let me know your starting point so I know what to type next. :D

edit: also need to know if your computer is running windows, linux or is a mac.

I would contact Amazon and let them know that you were sold a falsely advertised item through them and that you'd like to receive the D802 you actually paid for. Their customer service is exceptional and you should have no problem. In the meantime, we may want to get your current device back into shape. So now that you know what model you're dealing with, we can fastboot flash aboot, boot and laf from a d800 to restore download mode. Then, in download mode, you can restore stock firmware with LG Flash Tools and a D800 tot file.

Let me know how much help you need here. Do you have the Android sdk or one of the smaller packages out there that allow adb/fastboot and do you know how to use those tools already? If not, no problem. Just let me know your starting point so I know what to type next. :D

edit: also need to know if your computer is running windows, linux or is a mac.

Well, the story of how I got this phone is very peculiar, at the beginning I bought the phone in condition again, and they sent a phone used, because of this I send back to united states for a change, now they sent me a version I did not order. I pay out of my pocket all shipping charges from me until the United States. It is a horrible experience.

At first I qualified as bad vendors but they wrote me and asked me to eliminate the bad comment and were willing to make a change. However cheated and received another model.

I regret to say that I know very well those tools, I'm a newbie at this. Only my computer recognizes the phone and have the drivers azap installed correctly.

My computer uses Windows 7.

Attached photo of the back of my phone.

Attachments

• IMG_20141222_142318842.jpg
    IMG_20141222_142318842.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 237
I regret to say that I know very well those tools, I'm a newbie at this. Only my computer recognizes the phone and have the drivers azap installed correctly.

I did not quite understand what you mean there. I'm going to assume that means you do not have the tools to do this. And yes it does appear that you have a d800. If you'll note on the picture you posted, the d800 appears to be marked on the ribbon cables that go up each side of the phone.

Ok so the first thing you will need is the ability to send fastboot commands to the phone. For this, you can use our forum's "mini sdk" found here:

ADB Guide (updated 2014/11/11)

Please note the download is at the bottom of the post in the above link. Unzip that to the root of your computer's "C" drive. Now install this driver to your PC:

http://www.koushikdutta.com/post/universal-adb-driver

Once installed, connect your phone to the PC while it shows fastboot mode.

Next open Windows command prompt. Type cd c:\sdk-tools, then type fastboot devices. You should then see the word "fastboot" displayed. To make sure you have a good fastboot connection, now type fastboot reboot. If the phone reboots, you are ready to fix the phone.

I'd like to stop here to verify everything worked ok since Windows can have driver issues. If the koush universal driver does not work to get you a fastboot connection, we will try another driver. Then we can fix the phone. Let us know how all that goes first please.

Well, at first my friend's computer recognized the phone, now I'm using another computer that I ignored my phone. then I read the whole thread and I used PDANET with this driver if my computer recognizes the device perfectly.

Then proceeded to execute your last instruction, and was able to restart the phone mediating adb. no problem :D

Now that follows?

postdata: sorry, my English is very bad.:(

Go here and download the aboot, boot and laf image files:

Make sure to left click on those and wait for the popup to save. Once those three are saved to your machine, move them into the sdk-tools folder on your C drive.

Then while the phone is in fastboot mode and plugged into the PC, again navigate to the sdk-tools folder via command prompt and then flash the files to the phone. So the commands will be...

cd c:\sdk-tools (if not already there, otherwise you can skip that)

then...

Wait for each of them to flash before moving to the next command. Once done, disconnect the phone from the cable. Also close your windows command prompt at this time.

Now long press power button for NO LESS than 15 seconds to completely power off the phone. Once it's off, press and hold volume up while at the same time plugging in the usb cable from the PC. You should now get download mode. Let us know if that worked, then we can proceed to flash the stock firmware.

Go here and download the aboot, boot and laf image files:

Make sure to left click on those and wait for the popup to save. Once those three are saved to your machine, move them into the sdk-tools folder on your C drive.

Then while the phone is in fastboot mode and plugged into the PC, again navigate to the sdk-tools folder via command prompt and then flash the files to the phone. So the commands will be...

cd c:\sdk-tools (if not already there, otherwise you can skip that)

then...

Wait for each of them to flash before moving to the next command. Once done, disconnect the phone from the cable. Also close your windows command prompt at this time.

Now long press power button for NO LESS than 15 seconds to completely power off the phone. Once it's off, press and hold volume up while at the same time plugging in the usb cable from the PC. You should now get download mode. Let us know if that worked, then we can proceed to flash the stock firmware.

OH YEAH! DOWLOAD MODE ENTER THE DID IT!
The phone displays the following message:

-------------------------------------------------- --------------------
firmware Update

Do not unplug the USB conecction Until the process is complete.
o%

B99
ROOTED
-------------------------------------------------- ------------------

let me say that I jumped for joy!

Now my computer says that some drivers are missing.
See Figure.

Now that follows?

Last edited:
Ok so now you can proceed to flash a kdz or tot using the instructions here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

The kdz method is the easier of the two methods listed on that link, provided that a kdz is available for your phone. I believe the driver issue will fix itself when you install the LG United drivers which are linked in that thread. Those are needed to interface the phone properly while in download mode. Then proceed to flash your stock firmware remembering that you should use D800 firmware.

If you do choose the kdz method, please use the "CSE Flash" option within that tool. You are coming from a very broken situation and that option will perform a full wipe and install of the stock firmware to a new, out of the box state. The only issue here is you will likely be unable to update to the newest firmware unless it is already available for download. Since you actually own a US AT&T phone, I must assume you won't receive OTA updates on their network. You'll just have to see how that goes I suppose. But at least you'll have a booting phone.

I also understand you have some unfortunate decisions regarding international shipping charges to remedy your situation. Best of luck with whatever you decide and ask if you have any further questions.

Ok. I am confused about which method to use.

I'm reading the link you provided that the method KDZ not available for models of AT & T, however in the tutorial says I should use the TOT method for my version.

quote: "RETURN TO STOCK TOT Method AT & T & Sprint Verzion & The Few International Tots Also I have available T-Mobile Can be Flashed back if you are This Way Having issues!"

Below I attach a screenshot with files that I download.

Please get me out of doubt, and apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you!

Attachments

• LG G2 FIRMWARE.png
    LG G2 FIRMWARE.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 163
Back
Top Bottom