• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root The "Fix everything by turning your phone into an Evo 3d" thread

Are you on a Stock based Rom? Like Harmonia or Power Rom.......
Yeah i restored a stock backup that i had, and did the QPST method all the way to the last step, and when the phone reboots, that i go check the phones info in the about tab, it still has the 61009 PRL it wont swap to PRL 60690. :confused:

Yeah i restored a stock backup that i had, and did the QPST method all the way to the last step, and when the phone reboots, that i go check the phones info in the about tab, it still has the 61009 PRL it wont swap to PRL 60690. :confused:

Are you sure you have the HTC Drivers properly working I know my PC was being picky with them and I was only able to get it working just that one time to swap the PRL so I didn't try it again......

On an Htc evo v 3d or 4g whichever.... On virgin mobile carrier is it better to have the 60690 sprint prl or the 61009 prl that we get from virgin mobile?

I am currently on CM 10. I just did a radio swap from radio 808 to 530. Everything went fine and it rebooted, like it usually does, but its been in the reboot screen for over five minutes. I took out the battery and waited a minute then put it back in and its stuck in bootloop once again. Anyone have any ideas as to how to get out of the bootloop safely??

Grrr I just spent a considerable amount of time flashing to a sprint prl 60690 to be exact and this morning I pick up my phone and the prl is back to the latest VM one. What gives?

could someone tell me why i keep losing my back ups with 4ext. I will do a back up and dl a rom and try too go back to my back up and its gone. Did i set up 4ext wrong? Sorry one more thing is i cant semm to be able to get rid of clockworkmod. I delete it and it just comes right back also on 4ext.

could someone tell me why i keep losing my back ups with 4ext. I will do a back up and dl a rom and try too go back to my back up and its gone. Did i set up 4ext wrong? Sorry one more thing is i cant semm to be able to get rid of clockworkmod. I delete it and it just comes right back also on 4ext.
the backups are stored in the clockworkmod folder... so trying to delete it would delete your backups...

Thanks for this Guide/Solution. I used it & now back to a Sprint Evo 3D
I traded this phone for flashing a customers phone to Straight Talk. It is a Sprint Branded HTC Evo 3D but had the Virgin Mobile Evo V Software on it. So I Rooted & S-Off'd it then Followed this guide & now in Settings - About Phone - Phone Identity Under Model # it is PG86100 which is a Sprint Evo 3D.

My Question is I can now put what ever EVO 3D Rom/Mods on it that I want correct? Just want to make sure. Again thank you for this Info

Thanks for this Guide/Solution. I used it & now back to a Sprint Evo 3D
I traded this phone for flashing a customers phone to Straight Talk. It is a Sprint Branded HTC Evo 3D but had the Virgin Mobile Evo V Software on it. So I Rooted & S-Off'd it then Followed this guide & now in Settings - About Phone - Phone Identity Under Model # it is PG86100 which is a Sprint Evo 3D.

My Question is I can now put what ever EVO 3D Rom/Mods on it that I want correct? Just want to make sure. Again thank you for this Info

i have a Sprint branded evo 3d that i run on vm using the soul of an optimus-v (dont ask), but your evo 3d sounds like one of the evo v's they didnt rebrand at first. the phones hardware wise are 100% identical. the only issue in flashing diff roms is the hboot. it seems everyone is switching to 1.58 ive been wondering if i should too. but yes.. you can flash whatever for the evo 3d or the v.

i have a Sprint branded evo 3d that i run on vm using the soul of an optimus-v (dont ask), but your evo 3d sounds like one of the evo v's they didnt rebrand at first. the phones hardware wise are 100% identical. the only issue in flashing diff roms is the hboot. it seems everyone is switching to 1.58 ive been wondering if i should too. but yes.. you can flash whatever for the evo 3d or the v.
@nerdmastax thx for the reply. I have Hboot-1.04.2000 (PG8610000) with Radio 0.97.10.0530 from the files in this post.
Maybe I should update HBoot to the 1.58 as well but not 100% sure what I want to do with this phone yet.
http://androidforums.com/members/nerdmastax.html

@nerdmastax thx for the reply. I have Hboot-1.04.2000 (PG8610000) with Radio 0.97.10.0530 from the files in this post.
Maybe I should update HBoot to the 1.58 as well but not 100% sure what I want to do with this phone yet.
http://androidforums.com/members/nerdmastax.html
you got the same setup i do, you should have no issues, i decided not to do the 1.58 upgrade because i just got this thing runnin cm10 pa smoothly. but i think the stock rom and a couple others need it. but most work on 1.04 no problem. just keep a nandroid or a spare rom that works on your sdcard and start flashin like a maniac. i would reccomend using 4ext recovery.

I have a Sprint Evo 3d. Will installing the new PRL break anything as this guide is for the Virgin Evo 5? Should I avoid the PRL in my instance and just upgrade hboot, radio, and pri. Thanks just wanted to have this clarified. I don't want to lose some of my Sprint towers. Also what real benefit am I getting from from a PRL upgrade? Is it just in essence a list of cellular towers for your phone to interact with.

Thanks for you guys time!

My device doesn't show up under ports; just COM1 with no phone detected.

Windows 7 64-bit, running as admin.

USB drivers installed (can adb, etc.). USB debugging disabled.

Any tips?

Any tips?

i know in my case i had to link the drivers manually in device manager, even though i could adb.

@TerminaMorte I had to go into device manager on pc when phone is plugged into pc and the phone is in diag mode right click on HTC diag or htc modem and go to properties then to the tab advanced then click advance ports or something like that and get the com# from there. Then go back to QPST click add new port then type the com in the window that shows up.

Will these work with the other radios provided in the sticky below this one? And should I flash a WIMAX radio with it prior to running the QPST?

Any tips?
Make sure the "Show Serial and USB/QC Diagnostic ports only" is checked off when you go to Add New Port.

Hey guys, I would like to try S-off and to then follow the instructions in this thread, perhaps over the weekend, but first I'm just reading through everything to make sure I know what to do beforehand.

I have a few noob-type questions though if anyone is able to perhaps answer any of them, as I usually just root my phones, and haven't really done anything like this before, or flashed any ROMs.

1) The instructions say (regarding changing the Hboot, Radio, PRI) to copy the file to the SD card, get into Bootloader, select Bootloader, and then boot to home-screen. That step alone updates all of those files?

2) When I create a backup to restore to (before I begin this whole process), I am still unsure if I select "recovery" and ".android_secure" or even "cache" to include in the backup.

3) If I flash Harmonia before this process, as recommended, but decide I want my plain stock after, that I originally started with, do I just restore my backup after the process is complete, or would I have to flash a ROM of the stock Sense? Would doing either one of those types of restores affect the S-off, or any of the updated items (Hboot, Radio, PRI)? And if I restore my apps and files from Titanium Backup?

4) If I did stay with the Harmonia or Midnight ROM, would it create any issue if I restored my apps and files from Titanium backup after?

I appreciate any response.

Hey guys, I would like to try S-off and to then follow the instructions in this thread, perhaps over the weekend, but first I'm just reading through everything to make sure I know what to do beforehand.

I have a few noob-type questions though if anyone is able to perhaps answer any of them, as I usually just root my phones, and haven't really done anything like this before, or flashed any ROMs.

1) The instructions say (regarding changing the Hboot, Radio, PRI) to copy the file to the SD card, get into Bootloader, select Bootloader, and then boot to home-screen. That step alone updates all of those files?

yes it does... but you can only do one file at a time.. dont try to put all of them on the sd card at the same time... the bootloader recognizes files labled 'PG86IMG.zip' and flashes them... putting all the files on at the same time might confuse the bootloader or gives a bad flash (don't know for sure and i'm not willing to try)

2) When I create a backup to restore to (before I begin this whole process), I am still unsure if I select "recovery" and ".android_secure" or even "cache" to include in the backup.

not really too familiar with twrp... last time i used it was way back when i had the samsung galaxy prevail... but you should prob backup android secure and cache... not sure about recovery

3) If I flash Harmonia before this process, as recommended, but decide I want my plain stock after, that I originally started with, do I just restore my backup after the process is complete, or would I have to flash a ROM of the stock Sense? Would doing either one of those types of restores affect the S-off, or any of the updated items (Hboot, Radio, PRI)? And if I restore my apps and files from Titanium Backup?

Restoring shouldn't really mess anything up but jmz did post a set of rooted stock roms that you can use just incase...

4) If I did stay with the Harmonia or Midnight ROM, would it create any issue if I restored my apps and files from Titanium backup after?

no problem with doing that...

I appreciate any response.

good luck

Thanks so much! Is there a better/easier way or program to use for Nandroid backup then that you'd recommend, that I don't have to figure out what to select?

try 4ext recovery... it costs money but its prob the best thing you can pay for at this point... many user here will agree with me

I'm having an issue getting back to stock.

I ended up getting S-off as well as updating the Hboot, radio, and everything else from this thread, with no problems. I backed up first with twrp (I wasn't sure what other program to use when I started, earlier) - if it makes a difference, I selected system, data, boot, recovery, cache, and wimax settings. I then did the S-off with no problems. After that, I flashed to Harmonia since it says there were bootloop issues if using stock. I then followed the instructions in this thread to change everything, with no problems.

However, I wanted to switch back to how my phone was before I started this process, on stock Sense, with everything set up the way it was originally. I tried to do a recovery with TWRP, but then my phone started bootlooping. So I re-flashed Harmonia from recovery. I can get my phone working now with Harmonia or Midnight, but I can't recover my original backup. Would the different hboot affect this?

One thing I realized is that when I created my backup, I had TWRP 1.1. I see that Harmonia says it includes TWRP 2, and that you can't restore from TWRP 1.x backups. Would this be what is causing my issue? And if so, what do I do to be able to restore my phone to the way it was originally, just now with root/S-off/different radio, PRI, hboot, etc?

I've tried wiping different things before trying to restore my backup, but it always ends in a bootloop, and I then have to flash Harmonia back on to be able to start the phone up normally.

Is there anything I can do to restore my phone to how I had it before using the recovery I created with TWRP 1.1?

Edit: After I tried the restore from my original backup, and it failed, I flashed Harmonia again. This time, after the phone started up it looks exactly how my phone looked when I created the backup, although there are the missing app android icons in place of where my apps were. (I have a titanium backup too, so I can always restore the apps+data later.) This happened before as well, although I'm not quite sure how I did it. But it's still Harmonia, because it has the Harmonia boot logo, as well as the additional Harmonia features. So apparently, the recovery is there, since it set up my folders, screens, wallpaper, and everything else in the right order, but for some reason I'm not able to get this setup back with stock instead of a custom ROM?

Back
Top Bottom