• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root The "Fix everything by turning your phone into an Evo 3d" thread

Finally a reason to go s-off, tho i must admit I am slightly daunted by doing so.
Therefore a few Question I hope you all can help me with.

I am currently running Harmonia ( ty LeslieAnn )
Q 1 :
Do I need to flash jmz shooter to do this then re-install Harmonia

Q2 : Regarding s-off, Do you know if REvolutionary will s-off this phone?

I am assuming the EVO V is the CDMA (shooter) ?
Other wise I'll get my taped paperclip ready to go *heavysigh*
Thank You
S

Yes it will work on harmonia, no revolutionary won't work.

how big is the ENG hboot or the modified hboot supposed to be. on my computer its only 346kb. is this how much its supposed to be ?

Riiight the boot vs. doh, OK Thank You for getting back to me. Old charging cord?? good idea, hehe yeah, must have a thousand of them needing a real use, Thanks :-)
s

Does the new radio break MMS? I remember something about the old VM Intercepts flashed with sprint radios breaking MMS permanently. Basically, does the new radio break anything? If not, i need to find some wire...

So after a day or two of following all the progress going on, I decided to just dive in and do it. I went ahead and did SOFF, that was nerve racking, and semi frustrating, I kept trying but finally got it on the 6th time. I then flashed all the stuff in LeslieAnnes post, and everything went well. I haven't tested everything but I have sent some text messages and made a couple phone calls, and everything seems great right now. No problems, thanks leslieanne, krowley, and all the other helpers and testers, you're making this phone super awesome!

I'm still on midnight rom, but I'll be trying out some aosp roms soon!

how big is the ENG hboot or the modified hboot supposed to be. on my computer its only 346kb. is this how much its supposed to be ?

You can't trust file sizes, use the md5sum provided in the OP, file explorer in midnight rom will show md5sums.

I was on CM9 and wanted to flash back to a sense rom to do the PRL update, so I wiped and flashed MeanROM back, and now it sits at the HTC logo. Wiped again, tried loading a backup I made in 4EXT (of MeanROM), and it sat at the HTC logo again. Wiped again and tried flashing CM9 back, still sits at the HTC logo. Not sure what I did but nothing will get past the HTC logo...can still get into recovery fine, just can't seem to get it to boot.

I was on CM9 and wanted to flash back to a sense rom to do the PRL update, so I wiped and flashed MeanROM back, and now it sits at the HTC logo. Wiped again, tried loading a backup I made in 4EXT (of MeanROM), and it sat at the HTC logo again. Wiped again and tried flashing CM9 back, still sits at the HTC logo. Not sure what I did but nothing will get past the HTC logo...can still get into recovery fine, just can't seem to get it to boot.

You'll need to use Mobster's or Midnight ROM to go back to a Sense based-ROM. This MOD does not allow you to run on Stock. (I honestly think it is a Kernel Based issue ATM, but I am no dev.)

You'll need to use Mobster's or Midnight ROM to go back to a Sense based-ROM. This MOD does not allow you to run on Stock. (I honestly think it is a Kernel Based issue ATM, but I am no dev.)

MeanROM isn't stock though, but anyway I'm not really sure what I did, but I flashed back to twrp (I had a feeling 4EXT still having SmartFlash was screwing with something) and then reflashed CM9 and gapps, and it booted :3

Stock based means, Harmonia, Stock, Midnight, etc... If you can get into diagnostic mode, it will work. Cm9, MIUI, etc. will not work.

Yes, MMS, phone, everything works like it should, only better.

*the above has been added to the first post for clarity.

Oh one random thing that happened to me, not sure if it was after the SOFF or after the hboot downgrade but it boot looped three times at the beats screen (on midnight rom) then finally booted normally. Just fyi if anyone has the same issue

Common questions added to post #2.
Radio, pri, Hboot version info added to Post #1.

And yes, mine rebooted once after a major change as well, but ran fine after.
*Also added to first post.

I guess I'm an idiot but I don't know how to tell which port my phone is on when using QPST for the PRL - anybody have an idea. Doesn't show in device manager, using Windows 7.

I guess I'm an idiot but I don't know how to tell which port my phone is on when using QPST for the PRL - anybody have an idea. Doesn't show in device manager, using Windows 7.
Look under ports in device manager, if it doesn't show up, then you need to install the drivers.

So wait you mean after flashing these changes you can't use AOSP roms, or you can't use AOSP roms to flash these changes? Description is a little confusing.

So wait you mean after flashing these changes you can't use AOSP roms, or you can't use AOSP roms to flash these changes? Description is a little confusing.

You cannot flash the PRL while using CM9, AOSP, etc. They lack the diagnostic mode that Sense uses to flash the firmware.

Once you get done, you can run or flash pretty much any rom you want, but Sense Diagnostic mode is required to do the PRL.

You cannot flash the PRL while using CM9, AOSP, etc. They lack the diagnostic mode that Sense uses to flash the firmware.

Once you get done, you can run or flash pretty much any rom you want, but Sense Diagnostic mode is required to do the PRL.

That's what I thought, sorry for the confusion. You say in the OP that you need Sense based to flash PRL but then the second post made it sound like only Sense roms work after flashing all these changes. Sorry for confusion.

That's what I thought, sorry for the confusion. You say in the OP that you need Sense based to flash PRL but then the second post made it sound like only Sense roms work after flashing all these changes. Sorry for confusion.
Ahh, okay, now it makes more sense. I edited the second post to be more clear.

Look under ports in device manager, if it doesn't show up, then you need to install the drivers.

All drivers are there, it recognizes and says drivers sucessfully installed when I plug the phone in but I can't find the correct port. This was fine with the OV, but I guess I'm out of luck with this phone.

Is there a default port or something?

Question about PRL stuff

I havnt the foggiest idea what to put in the port and port label field under the port tab for QPST config. I just click COM3-Serial to the left which filled in COM3 in both fields.....when I hit ok I get BSOD everytime. I must be doing something wrong. As always thanks for your help LA

Question about PRL stuff

I havnt the foggiest idea what to put in the port and port label field under the port tab for QPST config. I just click COM3-Serial to the left which filled in COM3 in both fields.....when I hit ok I get BSOD everytime. I must be doing something wrong. As always thanks for your help LA
same here.. phone is not showing up on QPST.. COM3 isnt the right port but thats the only one showing.. drivers are installed and everything.. confused

Back
Top Bottom