• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root The "Fix everything by turning your phone into an Evo 3d" thread

Can anyone help with this dang bootloop issue? I installed the Hboot first and upon reboot only get to the HTC splash screen, hangs, and reboots. This is since 3am last night, it's now 11am my time. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I left you a visitor message. PM me if you need more help

I had to uninstall all of the HTC programs/drivers before installing the previously linked "diagnostic" drivers. Once I followed the instructions for installing the driver that koopakid08 linked I started the workflow that the OP gave and it worked.

Still getting BSOD after installing that diag driver successfully. Thanks for the tip though :confused:

It sounds like if we flash the eng hboot we can use unmodified files from Sprint correct? (I know this is getting picky) so we could just use those and it would show up with the correct version number?
Would it be cool if we got links in the op to the Sprint files or would this just confuse people?

See post 94 (a few posts above yours).

The original Sprint files are in several stickies at XDA.
There are several of each, however, these were cherry picked as they are considered by the Sprint community to be the best of each. If you want to play, go ahead, but really, as of this moment, these are the best files to use, whether they have the Sprint number or our custom Virgin numbers.

Also is it recommended to"update profile

This fix requires a PC because that's the only way to do the wire trick to get S-Off but that's the only needed part that requires a PC. The optional PRI update also needs a PC.

Am I correct? As in if I only have a Mac I'm sunk?

This fix requires a PC because that's the only way to do the wire trick to get S-Off but that's the only needed part that requires a PC. The optional PRI update also needs a PC.

Am I correct? As in if I only have a Mac I'm sunk?

You can do the S-OFF procedure from Linux. The PRI update doesn't require a computer. The PRL update, to my knowledge, requires QPST which is Windows only, but frankly the PRL update probably won't make that big a difference anyway.

A few people have been experiencing boot loops on stock after flashing the Hboot.

It's now recommended that after S-off, that you install Harmonia, Midnight, or a similar rom (not Cm9, APSP, etc) before flashing the Hboot to avoid the issue.

I added that to the OP as well.

Other than trouble with the guide, it seems most are quite happy with their phones after.

Thanks for the guide. I believe I've done everything correctly, but I have no PRI anywhere in about phone. Is there any other way to verify?

Please tell me my wife and I are not the only ones still getting errors and signal fluctuations... I have checked and re checked to see if flashing worked but still having problems

Please tell me my wife and I are not the only ones still getting errors and signal fluctuations... I have checked and re checked to see if flashing worked but still having problems

I haven't had an error since doing this. Did you try activating after flashing all this?

I still get signal fluctuations and the SMS error, but not as frequently. This makes me think that VM has something screwed up on there end that is compounding the bad radios that come with this phone

I tried to do this because I am still experiencing the SMS bug. Now when I try to click reset, it asks for a password. It didn't used to... Would My password be my MSL??

EDIT: Just tried the MSL, it took it. Crossing my fingers that this finally fixes it...

EDIT2: Well, now my phone won't activate... F**c. Will flashing the RUU get everything back to stock, including radios? I think the radio might be why it's not activating

When im going to update my PRL and i am adding a port in the QPST, I am a little confused on what I should put in for the port section. Any help would be nice. Thank You. Also i have done the PRI RAdio and HBoot swaps flawlessly.

I tried to do this because I am still experiencing the SMS bug. Now when I try to click reset, it asks for a password. It didn't used to... Would My password be my MSL??

EDIT: Just tried the MSL, it took it. Crossing my fingers that this finally fixes it...

EDIT2: Well, now my phone won't activate... F**c. Will flashing the RUU get everything back to stock, including radios? I think the radio might be why it's not activating

The ruu should get you back but I think the problem is you just don't have service, there may be an outage in your area or you just don't get good enough service.

You try flashing the ruu or trying to find a better service area to activate.

The ruu should get you back but I think the problem is you just don't have service, there may be an outage in your area or you just don't get good enough service.

You try flashing the ruu or trying to find a better service area to activate.

I am flashing the RUU now. I don't think service is down, because I had signal before activating and now I don't. Also, under about phone it shows my phone number as 0000005648 :(

When im going to update my PRL and i am adding a port in the QPST, I am a little confused on what I should put in for the port section. Any help would be nice. Thank You. Also i have done the PRI RAdio and HBoot swaps flawlessly.

I had the same problem, but I fixed it by reading the whole forum. Look on page 2, post #88. :D

I followed everything as directed. Everything does seem to work much faster. I have a better signal and it doesn't fluctuate as much as before. 4G auto connects when it's available instead of me having to search for it manually. I'd like to thank you and show my appreciation.

Back
Top Bottom