• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root The "Fix everything by turning your phone into an Evo 3d" thread

I don't mean keep it just use it to see if it helps your situation then you should be able to switch back

I am trying to do that but it seems like the server where she hosts it at is having problems. And won't let me download the dam thing. Gah right now I am really starting to hate this dam phone

good luck

Thanks alot. If this doesn't work I might have to flash RUU and then reroot and S-Off all over again. -___- I am downloading the Stock Odex ROM. I will see if that works. Hopefully. But thanks for your help.

EDIT: I fixed the data problem by installing harmonia. FINALLY! ^_______^

Just wanted to say I did this yesterday (along with s-off) and man everything is better! Thanks so much to everyone involved!

The OP says that this fix will allow the phone to run almost any sprint or virgin rom. But after I did all of these fixes, including the prl, I installed CM 9 for the evo 3d, and the MMS wouldn't work. Thinking maybe it had something to do with CM being a non-sense rom, I flashed mean rom for the evo 3d as a test, and the MMS still wouldn't work. Does it have something to do with these roms having modified kernels or something? Thanks for any answers!

The OP says that this fix will allow the phone to run almost any sprint or virgin rom. But after I did all of these fixes, including the prl, I installed CM 9 for the evo 3d, and the MMS wouldn't work. Thinking maybe it had something to do with CM being a non-sense rom, I flashed mean rom for the evo 3d as a test, and the MMS still wouldn't work. Does it have something to do with these roms having modified kernels or something? Thanks for any answers!

Virgin Mobile handles SMS and MMS differently than Sprint so, although Sprint ROMs technically "work" on Virgin Mobile phones, SMS and MMS is usually broken and this is a known issue. A fix for this is to install a 3rd party SMS client such as GoSMS and this usually fixes it.

Virgin Mobile handles SMS and MMS differently than Sprint so, although Sprint ROMs technically "work" on Virgin Mobile phones, SMS and MMS is usually broken and this is a known issue. A fix for this is to install a 3rd party SMS client such as GoSMS and this usually fixes it.

I understand this, but the OP seemed to imply something different. As if this was a possible fix for it, "allow you to run almost any Virgin or Sprint rom, old or new with as few issues as possible. MMS, phone, everything works, exactly as it should." I think that my confusion is understandable.

Regardless of what I thought though, I installed Go SMS pro anyway, but I still cant seem to use MMS. It looks like the messages are sending successfully, but they never seem to get to their target. Any advice?

I understand this, but the OP seemed to imply something different. As if this was a possible fix for it, "allow you to run almost any Virgin or Sprint rom, old or new with as few issues as possible. MMS, phone, everything works, exactly as it should." I think that my confusion is understandable.

"Almost" does not mean ALL.
"Few problems as possible" does not equal none.

You picked the latest and greatest, bleeding edge rom, that is known to be troublesome and expected it to work on a phone it was not meant to run on.

"Almost" does not mean ALL.
"Few problems as possible" does not equal none.

You picked the latest and greatest, bleeding edge rom, that is known to be troublesome and expected it to work on a phone it was not meant to run on.

Well mean rom isn't the latest and greatest, is it? I'm not trying to call anyone out, or step on any toes in any way. I really appreciate what you've done for the community. The only reason I brought it up, is because I'm starting to think that maybe I've done something wrong.

Meanrom was recently rebuilt to work on the newest Sprint hboot (so yes, it is one of the latest), and may not work on the older Hboot. A few Sprint devs have started to do this and it is kind of splitting the community. I haven't had a chance to see how the new firmware is running, but it's starting to reach a point where you have to choose between older firmware and lots of roms, or newer firmware on a few select new roms.

Here is the warning on Meanrom:
"Do not flash the 2.89 kernel unless you've upgraded your hboot to 1.58 s-off or you will get boot loops!"

In this thread, we are using the 1.4 Eng hboot because it is the most compatible.

CM7, AOKP, AOSP, and CM7 only work on the older 1.4 ENG Hboot.
New Sprint based ICS roms are only using the 1.57 hboot.

When we started experimenting with the Hboots, the new roms were not out, and Sprint users were still testing the new Hboot.

I don't know if this has been asked before... but what's the difference between this 60690 PRL and the latest VM 61009 PRL?

I just changed to the 60690. in the nyc/queens area and signal seems to be weaker.

How can I change back to the 61009 PRL? (auto update in mobster rom says no updates available)

Quick question...if I flash all of the above on the stock rom and I get into a boot loop, is it possible to reflash the stock rom Jmz's stock rom when I'm in a boot loop?

I am currently rooted and have midnight roms latest update. I am thinking about doing the s-off so I can get the fix everything update that will include fixes with the signal fluctation and signal strength. Before I proceed, I do have a few questions that Im hoping you guys could answer for me. Will doing s-off completely wipe out the data (rom backups, titaminum backups, mp3s, etc) from my card? If so, can I just move them to my pc, then move them back after this is done?? Also, isnt 4ext (my current recovery) on my sd card and if so it would wipe that too, dont I need that for s-off? Also, I read in some previous posts that they went into a chatroom for help, how do I get into this chatroom if I need additional help? Is there a link in these threads for the chatroom? I would feel a little safer in doing this if I had a chatroom I could go into if I run into problems. When I successfully do s-off, will this take me back to my midnight rom I currently have on there now, or will it be completely stock?? Also, is there a step by step guide to do this s-off? I am a noob when it comes to this in depth configuration. I appreciate any and all feedback that you guys can give me.

You will need to have your phone unlocked, rooted, and on a stock ROM. If you are not on a custom ROM and you did not make a backup of your stock ROM, please use this unroot guide to unroot back to software version 2.17 (then you have to re-unlock your bootloader and root it again).

I found this on the how to get s-off website. I will not be able to do this when Im currently on midnights rom then?? Do I need the stock backup then?? And if I do, where do I put it since, if Im right, this erases the sd card data then?? Also, How can I move my sd card data to my pc instead of having to move each individually file? Thanks for the help.

Another question, I am browsing the how to do the s-off website, it says I have to download controlbear.exe. Which one do I download?? Windows for Sprint Evo 3D, or Windows for GSM Evo 3D?? Thanks

Sorry about all the questions, just trying to get everything answered before I go and do this.
/htc-evo-3d-hacks/how-to-get-s-off-on-htc-evo-3d-using-wire-trick-juopunutbear-s-off/

That is the website I was at, there is a you tube video on how do do this. What I am wondering is, is this just for the sprint evo 3d or can I do this with my htc evo v from virgin mobile?? Thanks again.

Is there any way to chat with some one on here, Ive never done that before. I know people are not always on here to post but I would kinda like to do this today and waiting all day for 1 or 2 post is not productive.

I don't know if this has been asked before... but what's the difference between this 60690 PRL and the latest VM 61009 PRL?

I just changed to the 60690. in the nyc/queens area and signal seems to be weaker.

How can I change back to the 61009 PRL? (auto update in mobster rom says no updates available)

Search XDA, 61009 is there.
The 60690 is a Sprint PRL rather than Virgin. This means it has roaming towers, which you can't use, but it often seems that either Sprint withholds some towers from us, or doesn't keep us as up to date.

For many, changing this file helps, for a few it hurts.

Quick question...if I flash all of the above on the stock rom and I get into a boot loop, is it possible to reflash the stock rom Jmz's stock rom when I'm in a boot loop?
*That should* fix it, if not, flash Harmonia or Midnight right over the top, it will retain your data.

now i am rooted with s-on and 4ext is it possible to update the others but the hboot
Absolutely, this was why the files included were modded so you could do exactly that.

Will doing s-off completely wipe out the data (rom backups, titaminum backups, mp3s, etc) from my card?
All of your questions would be best answered in the S-off thread.

Absolutely, this was why the files included were modded so you could do exactly that.

Now I'm completely and totally confused. If I am HTC unlocked but S-On and have 4EXT installed and can use it, can I flash the radio update? I was under the impression that 4EXT could do kernels but not radios. Am I all wrong?

Back
Top Bottom