• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root The "Fix everything by turning your phone into an Evo 3d" thread

Now, I had to uninstall htc sync when trying to achieve s-off, does that have anything to do with the diagnostic drivers?? If I do need that, where do I get it??

Thanks, I downloaded the drivers, but when I follow the instructions to update driver, it says the driver is the most up to date. Im stuck on trying to change my prl. Please help.

Click on the “Ports” tab and “Add a new port”, select it based on what your phone connected as. You should find it easily enough.

In qpst, When I click on add ports this other window comes up but theres nothing to click on??? Help!!

When Im in the ports tab, it says com11 not available, phone n/a, link, n/a

now I got it to say com11 waiting, phone n/a link n/a, but when I click on add port, in the other window, nothing comes up in the box for me to click on?? please help!! when I try typing in com11 manually on the right side of the window, another window pops up saying, the port may not be working properly or may be busy?? Is there anyone that can help me?!!!!

I have been waiting here almost all day, is there anyone around that can help me!!!! Or is there a chatroom I can use that would speed this process up???

I have been waiting here almost all day, is there anyone around that can help me!!!! Or is there a chatroom I can use that would speed this process up???
It's been two hours!

If I remember right, QPST only allows up to port 9, unless you buy it.
Go into control panel, to device manager, and find the port showing up as port 11. Go into the properties of it and there, you should be able to find a spot that allows you to change the port to a different number. Make it lower than 9 and QPST should work.

Well...I installed Harmonia 3.15 and then the hboot which came out to be 1.4.2000 or something, and then i installed the radio and the radio img won't stick, it says i'm still on radio 1.06 or something...any ideas how to make it stick?

What about this issue? I have same problem

Iam looking in device manager, I right click each one and click properties, I see none that is port 11. Please help!!

The only things I see that show a port is under system devices, then example intel(r) 6 series/c200 series chipset family pci express root port 6. Nothing else I see in device manager shows ports except these 3 which is exactly the same, just a different port. Ports 1, 6 and 7. Thats it. Please help!!

I am trying do flash these files to see if I get a stronger and not as much fluctation. Ive flashed the boot, pri and radio, after that, it doesnt seem like my signal is any stronger. I am trying to do the prl now. When I first opened qpst, it said installing drivers, then it said could not install diagnostic drivers. Now, when I dial ##3424# I get dm command service, in qpst, click on ports tab and com11 not available is highlighted I click on add new port, another window pops up, but its blank. Im stuck at this point. Please help!!If I have to download the diagnostic drivers, where do I get them from??

When I flashed the hboot, pri, and radio files. I downloaded from my pc, then moved them on my card (didnt put in any folder). After that, booted into booloader, pressed volume up, to update, then booted to android home screen. Next file I download and when I moved to my sd card, it said to copy and replace or do nothing, I chose copy and replace. I did this procedure for all three files. Now, when I get into bootloader, its saying bootloader 1.04.2000 Radio 1.06.00.0426 yet everytime I get into bootloader, its says (1) radio_v2 do I want to update. It says this everytime I get into bootloader, asking me to update?? Is this normal?? And my signal is no stronger, 1 to 3 bars where I live, just like before.

Well...I installed Harmonia 3.15 and then the hboot which came out to be 1.4.2000 or something, and then i installed the radio and the radio img won't stick, it says i'm still on radio 1.06 or something...any ideas how to make it stick?

What about this issue? I have same problem

I had the same problem, too. I found a version of the radio on xda and modified the text file in the zip file.

I changed references about SPCS_001 to SPCS_002 in the text file inside the zip. Then I installed it. Its showing the proper radio now and seems to be OK so far.

I had the same problem, too. I found a version of the radio on xda and modified the text file in the zip file.

I changed references about SPCS_001 to SPCS_002 in the text file inside the zip. Then I installed it. Its showing the proper radio now and seems to be OK so far.

TwinPrime, did you use the ics one, on the xda site?? It gives like 4 or 5 different downloads?? I just want to make sure I have the right one before flashing. Im on ics currently.

Oh, by the way, on the xda site, it said it was for the sprint htc evo 3d, Im on htc evo v for virgin, does that make a difference??

Oh, by the way, on the xda site, it said it was for the sprint htc evo 3d, Im on htc evo v for virgin, does that make a difference??

I installed this one. When you check the Radio. It will say version 0.97.10.0530

From the 1.13.651.7 OTA/RUU:
CDMA: 0.97.10.0530
md5: 0ab6aeb4ca9421d5ea8e9ced722554bc
WiMax: 29047
md5: 3123a4a3654cf5d22228117258702b21

I've been using these fixes for over a week now and actually have used the phone in multiple states as we were traveling last week. It's a much better phone now. I haven't seen the error since making the changes.

After doing this my battery life is so much better. I went to bed with 100 percent and woke up to 99 percent on my phone. Forgot to plug it back in. So glad I did s-off! Was a pain to do but well worth it. Been using my phone heavy for the last hour and the phones at 90 percent. Man the battery life is amazing on this phone now. TYTYTY.:D:D:D

TwinPrime, did you use the ics one, on the xda site?? It gives like 4 or 5 different downloads?? I just want to make sure I have the right one before flashing. Im on ics currently.

I used the ICS radio for the Evo 3D. I just changed the SPCS number in the text file inside the zip from 001 to 002, so my Evo V would accept it.

[EDIT] Change the SPCS number wherever it appears in radio text file inside the zip.

I used the ICS radio for the Evo 3D. I just changed the SPCS number in the text file inside the zip from 001 to 002, so my Evo V would accept it.

I used the ICS one too... says 1.09 on bootloader... previously said 1.06 ... My signal strength went up one bar in house and now FULL bars outside my house.

Are you guys using the ICS hboot and radio or just the ICS radio?

Some radios have wimax as well.
Just means you kept your stock wimax radio.

I just flashed the Sprint ICS Radio 1.09 . Still using your other files from the first post. I followed your steps, but my signal never got any better until flashing this radio... My phone said 1.06 after flashing your files [was that correct, or did your file not take on my phone?] all the files from your post said that they were UPDATING in bootloader.

I just flashed the Sprint ICS Radio 1.09 . Still using your other files from the first post. I followed your steps, but my signal never got any better until flashing this radio... My phone said 1.06 after flashing your files [was that correct, or did your file not take on my phone?] all the files from your post said that they were UPDATING in bootloader.
Not sure on 1.06 but it sounds about right.

Back
Top Bottom