• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root The "Fix everything by turning your phone into an Evo 3d" thread

Edit:
I decided to flash the hboot - no problem worked great. It downgraded as it was supposed to.

I deleted the .zip and put the file for the radio on the sd card and proceeded to do that update.

Now when I turn the phone on I only get the white HTC screen.

I can still get into the hboot menu

EDIT 2:

After forcing the updates through hboot I used hboot to boot to recovery and from recovery I could reinstall Harmonia. All is well in Evo V Ville.

I tried to do this because I am still experiencing the SMS bug. Now when I try to click reset, it asks for a password. It didn't used to... Would My password be my MSL??

EDIT: Just tried the MSL, it took it. Crossing my fingers that this finally fixes it...

EDIT2: Well, now my phone won't activate... F**c. Will flashing the RUU get everything back to stock, including radios? I think the radio might be why it's not activating

Sorry I didn't see this post sooner. The same thing happened to me when I tried to re-activate after doing this whole process. It was stuck on the "Handsfree Activation" or something like that and trying to connect to the network.

What I did was cancelled the whole process, went back into the ##25327# menu and did it all over again and it took the second time around.

Like I said, I wish I had seen your post before you went thru the process of flashing the RUU. :(

I want to thank Leslie Ann and all the others that helped with this! Everything worked great. I was kinda leery, as are most it seems, to do the whole wire-trick thingy but this thread gave me a reason to do it. So, I pulled up my bootstraps and....I got lots of beer on the first try!!! WHEW!

So, I just got done with the whole process from the OP and everything is working great!

Quick question...
Is the Radio supposed to show as 1.06.00.0426 or is it supposed to be the same as in the OP --> 1.13.652? I know the same was discussed about the PRI, but I wasn't sure about the Radio. THANKS!!!:D

Quick question...
Is the Radio supposed to show as 1.06.00.0426 or is it supposed to be the same as in the OP --> 1.13.652? I know the same was discussed about the PRI, but I wasn't sure about the Radio. THANKS!!!:D
YW
The radio, like the Pri will show an odd number because it too has been modded to work with our original booth. I was meaning to update that, but my desktop died and have been dealing with that the last day and a half.

YW
The radio, like the Pri will show an odd number because it too has been modded to work with our original booth. I was meaning to update that, but my desktop died and have been dealing with that the last day and a half.

That's what I thought. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks! Good luck with the desktop, by the way.

What exactly is this supposed to fix? I did all of the instructions successfully from the Midnight ROM and haven't noticed much of a difference. Was hoping it'd fix my SMS problem (messages at times won't send/receive til I restart the phone) but maybe that's a different issue. Only thing I haven't done is change the PRL to the one provided here ... could that be the solution?

Here it is...

PRL (optional) is a bit more in depth.
1. Disable debugging on your device (settings, developer options) and connect it to your computer

2. Install QPST

3. Open "QPST Configuration" in the "QPST" folder under Programs

4. Dial ##3424#

5. Click on the

This is where I am stuck. I disabled debugging, meaning that debugging has no checkmark, correct?
I have installed and opened the QPST configuration
I have dialed ##3424#
Then I get DM Command Service on my phone
No idea where to find what my phone connected as. Screenshot of where to look for this info someone? Thank you.

Make sure you uncheck 'Show Serial and USB/QC Diagnostic ports only' when you go to add new port in QPST. Your phone should show up then in the list of available ports.

Hope that helps!

Make sure you uncheck 'Show Serial and USB/QC Diagnostic ports only' when you go to add new port in QPST. Your phone should show up then in the list of available ports.

Hope that helps!
It shows everything as being COM1 with or without that checked. Should I be on charge or data? Does it matter?

Me again. I think I figured it out. I don't think I have the HTC diagnostic drivers on my computer. If anyone can point me to them, and how to install them, that would be great. I have been googling and searching the forums. I may have missed them in my elderly age.

Sorry I didn't see this post sooner. The same thing happened to me when I tried to re-activate after doing this whole process. It was stuck on the "Handsfree Activation" or something like that and trying to connect to the network.

What I did was cancelled the whole process, went back into the ##25327# menu and did it all over again and it took the second time around.

Like I said, I wish I had seen your post before you went thru the process of flashing the RUU. :(
Don't worry about it. My internet was being slow, so while the RUU was downloading, I screwed around with the settings a while and got it activated. No worries, I didn't have to flash the RUU

I did this yesterday(Midnights ROM) and today(On Mobsterz ROM) I sent some texts and yes I did get one text message error so far. I am using handcentSMS. Also I tried to call my brother it just said Dialing. So I just hung up waited till data and my signal to come back. (I have full bars where I live) Then I called him and it went.

So yeah I am not sure. I will still text it and see if I get a sms error again if not then it was handcents fault. And yes I updates everything. (HBOOT, Radio, PRI, &PRL)

May want to try the reset/activate thing where you type ##clear# then menu reset
I'm thinking it helped my wife and I out
We had the same stuff going on after the update but only one error since doing this

May want to try the reset/activate thing where you type ##clear# then menu reset
I'm thinking it helped my wife and I out
We had the same stuff going on after the update but only one error since doing this

Ok I did now I have no data. How do I get data back?

Also now I can't send any messages. WTF?

Back
Top Bottom