• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The "I received the Htc fps update" thread

Just got the update this mourning and I can tell the home screen is moving much faster. Hell even my android keyboard that I'm typing right now is much faster. This is a good addition

Possible problem: Before this update I never encountered the Up Time/Awake Time issue when they both are the same time. After the update it seems I am having the issue. Anybody else see this? How do you normally fix this issue?

After the update I am getting 53fps average. I am also getting around 1356 (top of the chart) running a full benchmark on "Quadrant Standard". Before the update I was getting around 1176.

The best way I can describe the difference I am seeing with respect to the 30fps cap removal is it is like watching video as opposed to film. Film has a slower framerate, 24fps, so there's some blurring but video has a 30 fps rate. It's also similar 120 Hz technology on televisions when compared to a standard 60 Hz refresh rate.

I'm getting ~52 fps.

I'm rooted with unrevoked3, I tried to apply the patch, but it hung. I will try again when I have more time.

/edit second try, downloaded patch. Patch starts to apply then hangs once the progress bar hits around 30% and display changes to triangle exclamation point icon

Possible problem: Before this update I never encountered the Up Time/Awake Time issue when they both are the same time. After the update it seems I am having the issue. Anybody else see this? How do you normally fix this issue?

I noticed that a bunch of Sprint aps are starting automatically again. I use SystemPanel to keep an eye on what's using CPU. I think there are other programs that keep an eye on what's downloading data in the background. You might try turning background syncing off and see if that helps.

It's definitely smoother, for sure!
But right after the update, my phone felt a bit sluggish and still does a little bit right now. I figure I'll give it some time to settle in and perhaps reboot it later on in the day and see if it gets better. For example, there's a bit of a lag when I'm viewing an SMS conversation and press the back button to go back to the list of conversations.

Patched and everything is great. best move I ever made coming from the Moment to this one. No network tones, no data lockups ... HTC is quite impressive to me in their support, updates and phones ...

OK, I got it (and it went in with no problems).

... but as I'd figured, unless you spend all day scrolling thru the app screen or flicking your screen around, this raised cap makes no usable difference with the day-to-day usability of the phone. Sorry.

I got the update last night around 10 pm pacific time. I noticed the screens scroll much smoother and the live wallpapers are smooth as silk! Swype hiccuped a bit at first but it's working fine now. :)

Just a FYI for people that updated and then installed the new flash in the market. This will make your browser slower to load pages. Why I don't know but it does. I also have on demand chosen.

Back
Top Bottom