• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The "I received the Htc fps update" thread

Anyone else having problems after the update? Ever since I updated, the phone's been @ 80-95% CPU usage and it seems to be continually updating something (the icon's been on solid since I updated). I've even tried killing all the apps - nothing seems to help.

Help me! You are my battery's only hope!
I noticed a lot of syncing and sluggishness right after the update; after a reboot, things were ok for me.

Anybody else try Pandora after the update yet? If you were having sound quality issues after froyo update.. try it. It seems to be back to pre-froyo sound for me :)

I can confirm this. i was just to post about this. Pandora had stereo sound now like it's suppressed supposed to sound.

I have noticed that swyping between the different home pages is much faster. I do not paly many games, so I have not noticed the FPS change there. Nice update!

Aside from the apparent benefit of the cap removal, how about any problems people are having (as updates tend to bring with them)? What is this sluggishness that some people are talking about? :(

You've misunderstood the nature of the "FPS cap." The FPS cap isn't a "performance issue."

There are two independent components for FPS -- the actual graphics processing, and the display. Before, regardless of the processing, the display was being limited to 30 fps. Now that is lifted, so to the extent, our graphics processing can handle more than 30, it will display it.

However, this does nothing for the graphics processing, which the Evo is known to not be the greatest at. The Droid X and Samsung phones have much more advanced 3D processors than the Snapdragon/Evo, and this update does nothing to solve that.

So the fps cap being removed won't make any difference on the video recording, just playback?

Def smoother.. especially photo gallery. After people mentioned, scrolled thru my pix before and after update. Much much smoother. Oh and Shoot Me app works for uprooted. Woot!

I need a favor from someone that can take a screenshot. I need someone that is not rooted and hasn't been that did the update to post a screenshot of your software page under settings. I need to confirm the numbers showing under that screen.

I noticed a lot of syncing and sluggishness right after the update; after a reboot, things were ok for me.

This. I noticed that after being off the charger for only about 30 mins, the battery had drained a bit. I thought this was due to screwing around with the phone/playing Angry Birds. Set my alarm, woke up late... My Evo was dead this morning!! Now, I didn't reboot after update, and it's on the charger now. Hopefully everything will be fine now...

I need a favor from someone that can take a screenshot. I need someone that is not rooted and hasn't been that did the update to post a screenshot of your software page under settings. I need to confirm the numbers showing under that screen.

I did the FPS update but nothing else

snap20100923_140142.png

I've rebooted a couple of times now. I'm starting to narrow it down - I think the calendar is stuck continually syncing...wasn't this update supposed to fix something in the calendar sync?

I've rebooted a couple of times now. I'm starting to narrow it down - I think the calendar is stuck continually syncing...wasn't this update supposed to fix something in the calendar sync?

It was supposed to fix the "edit" function on calendar events.

11470d1285265821-i-received-htc-fps-update-thread-screenshot.png

Non-Rooted (never have been). Performed recent update this morning.

HTH.

- Spydertrader

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 331
OK. Crossing my fingers. Looks like I'm finally back to normal after 6 hours and 5 reboots. No clue what was getting held up in there...

I just needed the pri number and radio to be sure. I have to swap out phones and because of root those things don't update. I just updated both through recovery and now everything is updated. Sprint techs have a tendency of looking to see if you ever rooted and that is usually the first thing they look at. thanks to both of you guys that got the pics for me.

manually checked for the update myself.
same numbers as takirb.
shootme works.
fps2d shows 53 average.
i'll check Pandora and Rhapsody on my earbuds and good speakers later on. sweet.

Back
Top Bottom