• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The "I received the Htc fps update" thread

Didn't work for me. Wouldn't allow the app to load up after I installed.
I'm not sure why it wouldn't because on some other threads I have been seeing people say that it works with the new update. It really shouldnt though so I don't know why it does again.

When you install it you have to click on the icon and then there is a popup asking if you want to turn it on. Then hit hide after that and then it's running. All you have to do is shake the phone and it will take the pic.

I'm not sure why it wouldn't because on some other threads I have been seeing people say that it works with the new update. It really shouldnt though so I don't know why it does again.

When you install it you have to click on the icon and then there is a popup asking if you want to turn it on. Then hit hide after that and then it's running. All you have to do is shake the phone and it will take the pic.

I had ShootMe before the 2.2 update and it worked, then the 2.2 update - only worked on rooted phones.
now, back to working again on non-rooted phones...
my question - Why is ShootMe such a big deal to have working on non-rooted phones?
I think this is an awesome app and don't understand why should it be limited to just phones that are rooted? right?

I had ShootMe before the 2.2 update and it worked, then the 2.2 update - only worked on rooted phones.
my question - Why is ShootMe such a big deal to have working on non-rooted phones?
I think this is an awesome app and don't understand why should it be limited to just phones that are rooted? right?
It's a matter of "permissions." Standard Android does not allow screen captures for security reasons. Root removes that protection and thus, allows Shoot Me to work.

It leaves a vulnerability to outsiders that like to use root to access your phone. I don't know the whole reason but it's just a hole in security and that's why htc took the option away to seal the hole. They must of forgot to put the security back in on this update. Don't be surprised if a maintainance update follows plugging it back up

I'll try rebooting and re-installing.

-UPDATE- I rebooted and installed Shootme. Works now. No root. Here's the screenshot I took.

snap20100923_115311.png

Pic is blurry because that particular wallpaper isn't formatted to the right size. It's just a picture of my custom OZ wheels.

Just updated. Download took about 30 seconds over Wi-Fi. Installation took about 5-7 minutes total. Just be patient during this process, it does a lot of weird things! :)

I can't say I've noticed a *huge* difference in scrolling. Dragging widgets around the screen does seem to keep them closer to my finger than before, though.

And I have to say, and hopefully it's just me, that opening some things or bringing up menus does seem to be a little slower than before. I don't know...

Open a message is extremely fast, but once the messages start to build up in your inbox scrolling through the messages becomes a bit jittery on regular htc sense and launcher pro. Idk if its just me, but i've noticed it. Everything else such as gallery is smooth, menu for apps is still jittery to.

Really dumb question, but what is the maximum fps a phone can achieve?

It depends on some of the hardware used to build the phone. In the case of the EVO, the screen is 60hz. So 60 fps would be the max. Anything over that and you would get what they call screen tearing.

Its interesting how majority of people have seen a change, but then there are some that haven't might be the first gen Evo people?

No, it's probably mostly people that update and then instantly expect it to be faster. After the update (and actually after any reboot) android is doing some syncing and what not for a few minutes. During this time the CPU is being taxed and thus the phone is not going to be running as smoothly as it can.

Wait 30 minutes after the update and then play with it.

Quick note: It seems that after the update my Stocks and Twitter apps were somehow set back to auto-sync, so you may want to go into your Sync options and see if anything got turned back on somehow.

I'll try rebooting and re-installing.

-UPDATE- I rebooted and installed Shootme. Works now. No root. Here's the screenshot I took.

Pic is blurry because that particular wallpaper isn't formatted to the right size. It's just a picture of my custom OZ wheels.
Glad it worked out. It's a really good tool.

Quick note: It seems that after the update my Stocks and Twitter apps were somehow set back to auto-sync, so you may want to go into your Sync options and see if anything got turned back on somehow.
Oh yeah, this happened to me as well, had a nice little WTF moment, but it was easy to fix. Wonder why they got turned back on.

Well got my evo since the 4th of june and I can truly say that my phone has a big S :D it seems a bit faster.a whole lot smoother. Oh and not to mention snesoid PSX4 Droid. nesoid.etc work a whole lot better than before. My shoot me app works fine. Now im just joping to see if the you tube problem was fixed.I couldn't watch a video more than a min witout it tellin me error can't play video. Overall the ego just got super

Glad it worked out. It's a really good tool.

I'm sure I would've seen the other thread talking about it working again at some point, but I really appreciate your pointing it out to me. I've been wanting to be able to share some of my screens for a while, so this is great.

i didnt allow any updates....where can i go to get this? Nothing is showing under any of the manual update options. Or where do i check to see if it did it automatically?

edit: As i typed that it appeared in the HTC software update. after checking for it all day long

I got my Evo on June 4th and honestly I don't see a difference. However, I couldn't get the OTA to work, i'm thinking its because I was rooted via unrevoked, so I flashed a custom ROM from XDA with the update already applied. I must say my phone seems sluggish.

i didnt allow any updates....where can i go to get this? Nothing is showing under any of the manual update options. Or where do i check to see if it did it automatically?

Settings > System Updates > HTC Software Updates

or check Settings > About Phone > Software Information

and see if "Build number" is 3.29651.5 (the update)

Back
Top Bottom