• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update coming, but not 2.2

^ x2. Wtf is this bullshit? This phone has such high potential but once again we're left behind in the dust because they don't care and rather move on to design new phones for us to buy.

DJ05 was never approved but still tested. DL09 is being tested now. If it tests good, I'd say it'd OTA first or second week of Jan. (given the past time frames)

Haven't heard anything about 2.2 yet.

DJ05 was never approved but still tested. DL09 is being tested now. If it tests good, I'd say it'd OTA first or second week of Jan. (given the past time frames)

that is ridiculously disappointing...even to me and im fairly patient :o

So verizon thinks they will make us happy with a load of bull shit that isn't even as good as dj05. How effin rediculous I have a feeling theres going to be more pulling a geeknik if verizon doesn't get their shit straight..:mad:

So verizon thinks they will make us happy with a load of bull shit that isn't even as good as dj05. How effin rediculous I have a feeling theres going to be more pulling a geeknik if verizon doesn't get their shit straight..:mad:

i think at this point jumping ship is kinda pointless....trading for a droid x/d2 is a lateral move even on 2.2...and the droid incredible even with the prospects of 2.3 builds out there is a step back

so im sticking until the spring at least...but its still disheartening :(

i think at this point jumping ship is kinda pointless....trading for a droid x/d2 is a lateral move even on 2.2...and the droid incredible even with the prospects of 2.3 builds out there is a step back

so im sticking until the spring at least...but its still disheartening :(

I'm not saying that its a good idea and I wouldn't but I can see it happening..

I'm not saying that its a good idea and I wouldn't but I can see it happening..

yeah you seem rumblings in irc about jumping to this or that...and im sure some will...but other than the loss of retro and geeknik...everyone that really matters seems to be sticking (jt, adryn, bird, nem, sonofskywalker) and with the addition of kaos...we ll be ok development wise going forward

really of those who plan to jump...meh....i mean loosing members of our community is sad, but it doesnt really effect us that much

and fwiw i have no intention of doing anything on dl09...and i doubt any themes or mods will be ported to it

Is there any mod/root hack out there that will allow us to use the audio port on the car dock? I was gonna wait for 2.2 but this is getting ridiculous.

You guys want to get even more pissed?

Technolog - Samsung to challenge iPod Touch with Galaxy Player

Samsung to challenge iPod Touch with Galaxy Player

What does the world need? A phone-less Android handheld. Fortunately, Samsung is apparently bringing a Galaxy media player to market this year, after unveiling it at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas next week, according to the fan blog Samsung Hub.

Shown here, the Galaxy Player is nice and thin (9.9mm), runs Android 2.2, has front- and rear-facing cameras, and is powered by a 1GHz processor.

I'm not sure if they can load it with Froyo because the device has no RIL, but this is ridiculous.

Can we PLEASE publicly humiliate Samsung somehow? Please?

lol, this is what I signed up for with Samsung. Honestly, as long as they don't start locking bootloaders on the phone I'm happy to buy a new one every year to get the latest software. The hardware is improved significantly by then too. Froyo would be nice but whatever.

Now, if only Verizon would get a Nexus S style open Android phone...yeah right :)

If VZW/Samsung start locking things down, it might be iPhone5 for me. At least they suck less out of the box, if you're going to get stuck.

Back
Top Bottom