• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update coming, but not 2.2

So if verizon releases it, its safe to load the leaked version? Is the leaked version tweaked?

So if verizon releases it, its safe to load the leaked version? Is the leaked version tweaked?

well if verizon releases it and doesnt change it from the leak then leak will be the same as the ota

so really until it starts showing up on anyones phone, its a guess at best

And to get the ota I need to put tw back in system unfreeze everything and unroot, just to be safe, get the ota, then reroot and freeze and move everything?

And to get the ota I need to put tw back in system unfreeze everything and unroot, just to be safe, get the ota, then reroot and freeze and move everything?

few things:

the closer you are to stock the more likely you are to get the ota. but even getting the ota and it installing correctly are 2 different things with modded phones.

when the ota starts and if you have cwr and its been looked over and its the same as the leak then its fine to flash the radio and a DJ05 rom/dump.

really theres no need for you personally to get the ota, it ll be out there. :)

So I would have to unmod it like I stated right? Or do I need to get rid of cwr as well?

Bob, i wouldnt worry a whole lot about it right now. its not out yet, and when/if it is one of us can talk you through it then.

just enjoy your rooted/kerneled/rom-ed fascinate for the moment :cool:

Ik not romed or kernelled anymore....:( stupid fast took but super dark didn't so I had to restore.....I made the back up before I did that and when I restored my kernell was set back to stock...to nervious to reflash anything at this point...

Yea the DX is a great phone but Motorola's stance against modding made me want to switch.

im there with ya...it wasnt the phone that made me switch so much as the anti-motorola lockdown kick im on. samsung (even with all their faults) either doesnt care about locking devices down that much or lack the ability to do so (i mean we do have a semi-locked bootloader) in either event im happy i made the switch.

Ik not romed or kernelled anymore....:( stupid fast took but super dark didn't so I had to restore.....I made the back up before I did that and when I restored my kernell was set back to stock...to nervious to reflash anything at this point...

in that case...just enjoy your fascinate atm...when the ota starts, either myself or someone else will help you out. sometimes its best to take a step back and just enjoy the phone as is :cool:

By now most of you have already updated your phone to DJ05 and are very happy with the fixes and updates, but did you know about the audio out fix?

I've had this problem ever since I got my Fascinate, when I use the headphone jack then i receive a call, i have to unplug the headphone to carry the conversation, similar problem when i would plug in my phone to my chevy truck, (aux in) i can hear the person on my speakers but they would never hear me (seems like the phone's mic was disabled when you had the headphone plugged in)

Well I'm happy to say that this is FINALLY FIXED!

When you have your headphone plugged in, and someone calls you, you can carry the conversation and speak directly to the phone, (the phones mic is actually pretty good)

Just an FYI in case anyone out there was having this problem. (Also you don't need those expensive built in mic/head phone things people have been using)

By now most of you have already updated your phone to DJ05 and are very happy with the fixes and updates, but did you know about the audio out fix?

I've had this problem ever since I got my Fascinate, when I use the headphone jack then i receive a call, i have to unplug the headphone to carry the conversation, similar problem when i would plug in my phone to my chevy truck, (aux in) i can hear the person on my speakers but they would never hear me (seems like the phone's mic was disabled when you had the headphone plugged in)

When you have your headphone plugged in, and someone calls you, you can carry the conversation and speak directly to the phone, (the phones mic is actually pretty good)

Just an FYI in case anyone out there was having this problem. (Also you don't need those expensive built in mic/head phone things people have been using)

Also, did I mention GPS is awesome now!?

For those of us lurking and not owning our Facinates yet, can we define "awesome" a bit better?

Is it syncing faster, etc?

For those of us lurking and not owning our Facinates yet, can we define "awesome" a bit better?

Is it syncing faster, etc?

it locks within seconds, and in gps test im consistently getting 10 out of 10 or 9 out of 9 birds with less then 5 feet

Has there been anyone who cannot start their google talk app? Or not been able to send text messages? Seems to be happening with me on my CWM install of DJ05. It's a bit frustrating.

Has there been anyone who cannot start their google talk app? Or not been able to send text messages? Seems to be happening with me on my CWM install of DJ05. It's a bit frustrating.

if you did not flash the radio for DJ05 and running the DV12 or DI01 you cannot text.

also, if you try and run a non-DJ05 kernel as well

Thank you so much for mentioning that. Spotty GPS, that microphone issue u mentioned, and so so call quality from the receiver's end are the only negatives on this phone. Glad to know 2/3 were fixed with this update. Happy days are here again!
:D

Jibby

Sorry, but I was under the assumption that the radio for DJ05 came with the build. Did I miss something?

no, there is a separate modem.tar file that you need to install using Odin first prior to installing the dj05 update, otherwise your text messages will not work.

Back
Top Bottom