• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UPDATED 28/12 - NEW INSTALLER] CyanogenMod 7/Android 2.3.4 Is avaliable for GT540!

If you made a backup of you stock ROM then restore it. If it fixes the problem it was the ROM. If not it's the phone. The other thing you can do is download Volume Ace from Google Play. Turn the System volume all the way up.

I have tried both the options, but not fruitful to me...:thinking:

is there any alter. option for this prob.... Plz suggest.... & THANKS n e way 4 Ur valuable Adv.

Upvote 0
OK. I don't know if you did this already. You will probably need ADB established on the PC ( the SDK has the fastboot drivers and ADB comes in handy for other things as well). Go here New pre-packaged ADB installation Super easy and works 100% of the time on Windows Vista and 7. This will give you the fastboot drivers and the fastboot.exe.
I'll keep looking, but it looks like you might need to use fastboot mode.
mate im on windows XP this is becoming a big problem and im starting to give up and just say my phone is now f..... :( i wish i hadnt tried installing this program now is there some kind of patch to get the android market back on my phone?

Upvote 0
There is a pre-pakaged ADB installer for Windows XP. I know because that's what I used on my Windows XP. I'll try to remember where I found it. It worked Great.

Hang in there, we'll get your phone where you wan't it. I've got a little work to do in some of the other forums but if you google: How to install ADB windows XP you might be able to find it before I do,

Upvote 0
I have tried both the options, but not fruitful to me...:thinking:

is there any alter. option for this prob.... Plz suggest.... & THANKS n e way 4 Ur valuable Adv.
If you tried both options ( the phone did function properly before you made the backup?) Then your phone is having a problem. You might need to try pulling battery and then holding down the power button for 30 sec just before flashing a new download of the ROM and Gapps.

Reactions: KAUSHIK2012
Upvote 0
If you tried both options ( the phone did function properly before you made the backup?) Then your phone is having a problem. You might need to try pulling battery and then holding down the power button for 30 sec just before flashing a new download of the ROM and Gapps.

Plz tell me the steps to do that

I would like to upgrade the ROM coz some time the wi-fi is not working properly even when the connection was ok, so can u suggest me which one (ROM) is better for my GT540 & how to do so......:thinking:
If you suggest a rom could you please link me to it? Thank you in advance.

Upvote 0
i tried to do the download but in the middle of the process my comp turned off.... so my phone is stuck the only thing i can pull is dowload mode, other wise is gonna get to the lg logo and nothing will happen from there...

any sugestions???
tried puting the kdz in emergency and cs_emergency but ot working it will say phone not found!

i dont know what else to do!
Do you have have ADB properly established in the system path on your PC. Do you know for sure (was working properly before the Ooops)

If your phone is not recognized in Emergency mode by your computer with the proper USB drivers for your phone installed on the PC, and a command prompt enter of: adb devices (if ADB is established properly) doesn't show your device while it is in Emeregency mode, I don't know of anything other than to pull the phone apart and use a jumper wire to shock the phone back to life. I don't know how to do this, have just heard this mentioned a few times. You might try and google it?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Plz tell me the steps to do that

I would like to upgrade the ROM coz some time the wi-fi is not working properly even when the connection was ok, so can u suggest me which one (ROM) is better for my GT540 & how to do so......:thinking:
If you suggest a rom could you please link me to it? Thank you in advance.
What ROM is on your phone right now?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks for replying.
thus is the tut i followed.

KDZ Updater CarphoneWarehouse Unlocked.zip - A link to a zip archive with all the files needed to flash Android version 2.1 with fastboot (Carphone Warehouse Unlocked)

KDZ Updater Europe Open.zip - A link to a zip archive with all the files needed to flash Android version 2.1 with fastboot (Europe Open)

Download either version, it doesn

Upvote 0
bengorro: Did you check the MD5 sum of the download with the MD5 sum at the download site? This is used to determine if a download is/became corrupt. By checking to see it the sum is the same on both ends you will know if the download is good or corrupt.
This is what I suspect has happened to you.
It might be because you did not have root access to your phone? I'm doubtful of this, but you never know.
I also noticed it was to go from 2.1 to 2.3. You had 1.6 and might have needed to upgrade to 2.1 first?
I will need to look over the actual Tutorial and links (even download them and check the MD5 sum), then maybe I can see what happened, and how, if anything, can be done.

Can You get your phone into emergency mode?

EDIT: It looks like you should have gone here first: http://androidforums.com/optimus-gt...-1-android-2-2-here-gt540-16.html#post2094180 Then you would have been able to get into fastboot screen.

Well.....................lets see if there is anything we can do to save the phone. Getting the phone into emergency mode will be one of the keys (Make sure PC is on with the USB cable plugged into PC only,pull the battery and hold power button for 30 sec. then re-install battery. Hold both the Volume up and down buttons then press the power button and connect the USB cable to the phone, this is tricky and might take a few tries). The another key is to get your PC to recognize the phone in emergency mode, which I will explain once you let me know if you can get it into emergency mode.
Also check and see if it will go into download mode(doubtful). With the power on, hold the volume down button until you see download mode displayed (you shouldn't need to hold it down more than a minute)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones