• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Android 4.4.4 d2lte Nightlies

Unfortunately, Gummy ROM is gone. They had problems with funding for a host server. So, the entire ROM is no more. SOKP barely had any updates to begin with. The dev who does the official Dirty Unicorns d2lte builds is the guy who makes the LiquidSmooth builds and the deathly kernel, so he's been primarily focusing on those. Thankfully, Joe Carbone and Alex Cruz have been making unofficial DU d2lte builds for is.

We'll have to see in the upcoming weeks about Lollipop. The new design paradigm, 5,000 new APIs, and ART make me think Lollipop might have problems running on the GS3. I'm not sure if there are hardware requirements with ART. If we're able to get Android 5.0 on our phones, I'll be ecstatic.

Has anyone tried art on any of the aosp Roms? I'm using aicp and its there in developer options, but I'm not that brave. Lol

I have used ART on liquid, Broken, and cm11. It works just fine. I don't notice much difference (if any) if you try it, you might get some force closes at first, and some apps will be unresponsive. Its normal just give it 10 minutes and things will work fine. On my old evo3d it even worked.

Has anyone tried art on any of the aosp Roms? I'm using aicp and its there in developer options, but I'm not that brave. Lol

I've never been able to get ART to stick. I'd switch over to it and let the phone optimize. But the phone would either severely lag or just force reboot and go right back to Dalvik.

I've never been able to get ART to stick. I'd switch over to it and let the phone optimize. But the phone would either severely lag or just force reboot and go right back to Dalvik.
I used to have that problem with a liquid build a few months ago, it was a known issue, which has been resolved I believe.

ART on AICP works fine. I've used it in the past. It is one of the few roms that actually supports ART. If a rom gives you the "Art is not supported by ----" warning, then you are bound to run into issues. Well most. Gummy used to give that warning and it worked fine.

Here's something that might be interesting. This is a leaked list of Samsung devices that will get the Android 5.0 upgrade. Both of the international versions of the Samsung Galaxy S3 are on the list. This isn't a finalized list. But hopefully, it'll point to the US Galaxy S3 will get the upgrade.

Samsung devices to get Android 5.0

Either way, I'm looking forward to making an Android 5.0 d2lte Nightlies list.

Here's something that might be interesting. This is a leaked list of Samsung devices that will get the Android 5.0 upgrade. Both of the international versions of the Samsung Galaxy S3 are on the list. This isn't a finalized list. But hopefully, it'll point to the US Galaxy S3 will get the upgrade.

Samsung devices to get Android 5.0

Either way, I'm looking forward to making an Android 5.0 d2lte Nightlies list.

That article is from March of 2013. More than likely from when people thought KitKat might be version 5.0.

I'm looking forward to an AOSP 5.0 though.

That article is from March of 2013. More than likely from when people thought KitKat might be version 5.0.

I'm looking forward to an AOSP 5.0 though.

Strange. It just popped up in my newsfeed. If Android 5.0 is released around November 1, we'd probably know if we'd be supported by a ROM within the first week. I don't think it'll be as easy as the transition into 4.4.4 was. I could be wrong. I watched videos of 5.0. Looks pretty sweet. The app drawer opens up like a folder. That'll get some getting used to. The animations seem very fluid.

I really like that stock Android design since ICS has been sleek. Too bad it took until then. If it would've been more solid in the beginning, Touchwiz, Sense, etc probably would've never been there to cover it up.

I added another ROM to the list. It's the Validus ROM. I've ran it for a bit. Seemed quite stable and smooth. Many features. The latest build came out a month ago, but has all the latest Android 4.4.4 features except for heads up notifications. If you use Xposed Frameworks and the Heads Up Notifications module, it'll give you heads up notifications. Ground Zero ROMs is working on a 6.2 build for Validus and a new ROM called Tesla ROM. The info for both will be on their Google+ Community Page. So, check it out if you're interested in either ROMs.

I added the true Android Lollipop boot animation to the list. It's actually not much different from the Android L developer preview boot animation I had on the list. With the Lollipop boot animation, the orbs are larger and they move slower. Personally, I like the developer preview boot animation better. I left the link to that up there as well.

I also added the apk file for the Lollipop keyboard. Again, it's not all that different from the Android L developer preview keyboard. There are more theme options and the UI is different. For those who want the Lollipop keyboard, I posted the link.

I posted the link to all the Android 5.0 Lollipop apps. It's in the section with the Lollipop boot animation and keyboard. I couldn't get the Google Now Launcher to work. It actually won't work without the Android Lollipop Google Search app which is not on the list. I couldn't get the Android 5.0 calendar app to work as well. You might have better luck. The rest of the apps seem to work fine. I'm really enjoying the Android 5.0 Play Music app. The new design is sleek.

I forgot to add that I posted the correct link to the InspireOS ROM. It was changed.

And it comes with great sadness that I had to take Gummy ROM off the list. Team Gummy lost funding for their host server and had to call it quits. It was one of my favorite ROMs. It will be missed.

I wish google would release the lolipop code already! For those of you guys who use gps a lot Nokia has brought its Here Map to android. Link is here if you want to play around with it.

Btw, QVC has our S3 at $149.99 w/ free shipping while supplies last. Even being 2 years+ old, this phone beats most new sub 200$ phones out there.

I wish google would release the lolipop code already! For those of you guys who use gps a lot Nokia has brought its Here Map to android. Link is here if you want to play around with it.

Btw, QVC has our S3 at $149.99 w/ free shipping while supplies last. Even being 2 years+ old, this phone beats most new sub 200$ phones out there.

Looks like we have a final date for the release of Android Lollipop: November 3rd! Hopefully, Android 5.0 ROMs will be made for d2lte.

For fans of Dirty Unicorns, Joe Carbone released an unofficial DU d2lte 8.1 build today. Currently using it now. Runs pretty smooth. The build is in his Google+ page that's in the Unofficial Build section of the list.

For LiquidSmooth Fans, Jose Toro released an unofficial LiquidSmooth 3.2 build today. The link to it is in the Unofficial Builds section of the list.

Actually, I don't know of a $200 VM or Boost phone that comes close to the S3 right now. The S3 is just an all together well rounded phone.

Another huge advantage the S3 has are its Devs. 2 1/2 years old and the S3 still has a serious amount of ROMs to choose from. We've even got several kick butt TouchWiz ROMs available. Speaking of ROMs, I do believe I'm going to try something new tonight. :D

NOTE:

Just checked QVC and it looks like they still have the Virgin Mobile phones but the Boost branded phones are gone. That's one heck of a good price for the Virgin Mobile branded S3!! Thanks for sharing the info.

Flashed the latest LS Nightly last night and so far, all is well. I was a bit concerned about trying it as the zip file is smaller than the previous version.

I've been using dirty test build.Found the link on the google + page.I have had no problems at all.Running strong.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414090454819.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414090454819.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 68
Newbie help: I've settled on the last Dirty Unicorn build of 10-22. All works great, getting LTE after apn fix flashed.

My question: My mms wont receive, but can send to friends. But when they send back a pic, no luck. sms send and receive all works great. I tried the mms fix off the apn posting. It says aosp mms fix, wondering if wrong one for dirty unicorns. Any other mms fixes out there that might work. I'm browsing thru all the postings right now, just thought would ask you experts....thx

Newbie help: I've settled on the last Dirty Unicorn build of 10-22. All works great, getting LTE after apn fix flashed.

My question: My mms wont receive, but can send to friends. But when they send back a pic, no luck. sms send and receive all works great. I tried the mms fix off the apn posting. It says aosp mms fix, wondering if wrong one for dirty unicorns. Any other mms fixes out there that might work. I'm browsing thru all the postings right now, just thought would ask you experts....thx

Not sure why the MMS fix isn't working. Anyways, you can use the Chompsms messaging app and manually set your carrier's APN. The Chompsms has that option.

I take it you are using Virgin as your carrier. Correct? If not and you're using Boost , I have the old Boost APN fix which works for me every time. I would be happy to share it if you are indeed using Boost. Just let me know. :thumbup:

Yes, Virgin Mobile. On the NDC modem, before started all the flashing from kitkat 4.4. I used the Mope Ryder R2 apn fix. Would a different apn fix change anything. I read postings, that comments said something about a #3 apn fix. But don't see anything in the forums.

Thx, for taking the time to reply

Yes, Virgin Mobile. On the NDC modem, before started all the flashing from kitkat 4.4. I used the Mope Ryder R2 apn fix. Would a different apn fix change anything. I read postings, that comments said something about a #3 apn fix. But don't see anything in the forums.

Thx, for taking the time to reply

I posted an MMS fix using the Handcent SMS app that's near the bottom of my list. It's what I've been using to send/receive pictures and MMS.

Back
Top Bottom