• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Android 4.4.4 d2lte Nightlies

I was able to confirm that CM builds will be deunified. I ended up just asking on their Google+ page. It looks like the tentative date for CM12 release is December 1st and the first Snapshot build will be in early January. There also could possibly be an unofficial d2spr build coming soon. Looks like everything works except the camera on the unofficial CM12 d2att build. Could be the case with d2spr.

At least, the word wasn't that d2lte will be dropped completely. I'm OK with d2 being deunified as long as d2spr is supported. There are many, many people still using Galaxy S3s.

Same here. I'm cool if they go back to d2spr builds instead of unified.

Your right. There are a ton of people still using the S3. I don't know the exact stats but it has to be in the top 5 of best selling Samsung phones. I've decided to stick with my S3 for a good while longer. Hopefully a good many devs decided to do the same.

Going off topic for a bit.
Don't know if you guys have heard but a member just reported getting a system update. His NDC build is trying to update to NJ3. Just thought I'd pass the info along. There's a thread over in the Boost section.

Edit.
I just saw where a member posted a thread in this section concerning the update too. :thumbup::thumbup:

Upvote 0
Knox doesn't really affect anything. If you flash the wrong modem, it will cause your phone to brick though. But you can root, flash, and pretty much do whatever you want even with having Knox. You just have to be more careful in what you're flashing.
U don't have to flash modem right if the device is 4.3 as I read on ur 4.4.4 page full of ROMs flashing recovery will trip Knox any way u look at u will Tripp the Knox or is there a method not to trip it

Upvote 0
And we have our first unofficial CM12 build. I'm posting it here because it's an unofficial build and I already have Android 5.0 GAPPS package and APN settings posted in the list. I haven't flashed it yet but I'm about to flash it right now. So glad that Android 5.0 is coming to the Galaxy S3.

https://plus.google.com/112769872968320920609/posts/G4V7GbqVz1S

Upvote 0
Reactions: devilschild26
Upvote 0
Reactions: devilschild26
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones