• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Android 4.4.4 d2lte Nightlies

Does Bliss have Dynamic Color Changer? Man, been having issues waking up device on DU and AICP. Plus on AICP bringing up recents takes years at times.

Trouble waking your device sounds like a kernel issue. Either that or you've got a ton of apps trying to run at startup.

1) Are you running the default kernel or another?
2)Have you messed with the performance section and turned the MIN setting down below 384000?
3) Have you tried to undervolt? DON'T! Wait and see how the phone acts before attempting to undervolt.
4) Have you adjusted any of the kernel settings ( governor, i/o, or TCP congestion control, etc)?

I can tell you this with certainty. The stock Bliss kernel will work fine. Be careful if you start messing with the kernel settings. That can destroy device performance if set improperly.

Also, the newest d2lte DKP kernel works great. I've ran both it and the default kernel and had success with both.

Here is a link for the 4.4.4 DKP kernels only. 4.4.4 BUILDS ONLY!
http://download.xstefen.net/decimalman/dkp/dkp for AOSP 4.4.x/

If you decide to try Bliss, leave the kernel settings alone for a couple days and see how it acts on your phone. Check performance and battery usage.

After you've ran the stock kernel and decide you want to try DKP. 1ST make a nandroid backup so you can restore the default kernel if for some reason you don't like DKP. Always keep in mind that some phones can be finicky when it comes to kernels and kernels adjustments. Kernel settings that run perfect on my device may not work as well with yours.

If you have any questions regarding kernel set up, ask. People can tell you what works for them. That doesn't necessarily mean they'll work for you but they may. ;)

Upvote 0
Trouble waking your device sounds like a kernel issue. Either that or you've got a ton of apps trying to run at startup.

2)Have you messed with the performance section and turned the MIN setting down below 384000?
3) Have you tried to undervolt? DON'T! Wait and see how the phone acts before attempting to undervolt.
4) Have you adjusted any of the kernel settings ( governor, i/o, or TCP congestion control, etc)?

I can tell you this with certainty. The stock Bliss kernel will work fine. Be careful if you start messing with the kernel settings. That can destroy device performance if set improperly.

Also, the newest d2lte DKP kernel works great. I've ran both it and the default kernel and had success with both.

Index of /decimalman/dkp/dkp for AOSP 4.4.x

If you decide to try Bliss, leave the kernel settings alone for a couple days and see how it acts on your phone. Check performance and battery usage.

After you've ran the stock kernel and decide you want to try DKP. 1ST make a nandroid backup so you can restore the default kernel if for some reason you don't like DKP. Always keep in mind that some phones can be finicky when it comes to kernels and kernels adjustments. Kernel settings that run perfect on my device may not work as well with yours.

If you have any questions regarding kernel set up, ask. People can tell you what works for them. That doesn't necessarily mean they'll work for you but they may. ;)

If there are a ton of apps trying to start when your phone is booting up, there is an Xposed module called BootManager. It let's you pick and choose which apps run during the boot up process.

Upvote 0

Index of /decimalman/dkp/dkp for AOSP 4.4.x

Thanks. Yes, think it might be kernel related. All I did was the norm for me, flash BMS kernel. I never mess with kernel settings. I'll do a clean install later and see if it fixes it.

Upvote 0
I have some bad news for Dirty Unicorns fans. Dirty Unicorns once again dropped support for d2lte. Well, there really hasn't been an official build since August but we did get unofficial builds from various developers. Since DU dropped d2lte again, there might not be anymore unofficial builds.

Too bad; I enjoyed flashing the Nighties.

Upvote 0
Thanks. Yes, think it might be kernel related. All I did was the norm for me, flash BMS kernel. I never mess with kernel settings. I'll do a clean install later and see if it fixes it.

I hope it gets you straightened out. I'm sure you'll like Bliss too. The OmniSwitch will get a force close pop up once in awhile but it starts right back up on its own. I'm talking maybe a second. . I wouldn't even consider it minor. Overall, Bliss is solid as a rock. The options available even surprised me. LOL! :eek::D:thumbup:

Upvote 0
I hope it gets you straightened out. I'm sure you'll like Bliss too. The OmniSwitch will get a force close pop up once in awhile but it starts right back up on its own. I'm talking maybe a second. . I wouldn't even consider it minor. Overall, Bliss is solid as a rock. The options available even surprised me. LOL! :eek::D:thumbup:

Didn't get around to flashing it til this morning. Oh yes very impressed on the features.

Upvote 0
I have some bad news for Dirty Unicorns fans. Dirty Unicorns once again dropped support for d2lte. Well, there really hasn't been an official build since August but we did get unofficial builds from various developers. Since DU dropped d2lte again, there might not be anymore unofficial builds.

On a side note, I'm looking to pick it back up to hopefully come up with a 5.0 release. So DU 9?

Upvote 0
Didn't get around to flashing it til this morning. Oh yes very impressed on the features.

Glad you like it. I've flashed several other ROMs since 1st flashing Bliss but I always end up going right back to it. It has everything I need in a ROM plus much more.

Xposed Framework works well with it too. I don't use many modules but the ones I do run work great.

Upvote 0
Just had a random reboot on bliss.I was using ohub campfire app.I've never had trouble with that app on any other ROM.Could of been a phone fart who knows,thought I'd share.

I've read that some users experience a random reboot occasionally. Personally, I've never had one. It could be a corrupt download or a few other things. I would download a fresh copy of the ROM and start fresh.

If you're using Titanium Backup, make a backup now.

I would then download a fresh copy of the ROM. I would also use the newest version of the PA Modular Mini GAPPS. Some people have had GAPPS issues. I've never had a problem with the PA Modular Mini package.

This is the PA GAPPS thread link. Just read down the list and try the package I mentioned.
http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=6478223

I use Philz and choose the new ROM install option then wipe cache and dalvik cache, flash Bliss, back up to the 1st recovery screen, scroll down to power options and select reboot recovery, then flash the GAPPS package. I set up the ROM and let it sit for several minutes. I'll then sign onto Play. If it takes longer that 2 minutes for Play to load, reboot the phone. It'll boot back up and then you'll have to access to Play. I download Titanium Backup and restore my apps MINUS DATA.

Sorry for the long post but this is the way I flash Bliss and it runs great for me. I hope it does the same for you. :)

Upvote 0
I've read that some users experience a random reboot occasionally. Personally, I've never had one. It could be a corrupt download or a few other things. I would download a fresh copy of the ROM and start fresh.

If you're using Titanium Backup, make a backup now.

I would then download a fresh copy of the ROM. I would also use the newest version of the PA Modular Mini GAPPS. Some people have had GAPPS issues. I've never had a problem with the PA Modular Mini package.

This is the PA GAPPS thread link. Just read down the list and try the package I mentioned.
http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=6478223

I use Philz and choose the new ROM install option then wipe cache and dalvik cache, flash Bliss, back up to the 1st recovery screen, scroll down to power options and select reboot recovery, then flash the GAPPS package. I set up the ROM and let it sit for several minutes. I'll then sign onto Play. If it takes longer that 2 minutes for Play to load, reboot the phone. It'll boot back up and then you'll have to access to Play. I download Titanium Backup and restore my apps MINUS DATA.

Sorry for the long post but this is the way I flash Bliss and it runs great for me. I hope it does the same for you. :)

I do it the same way.Must of been a phone fart hasn't happened anymore.

Reactions: wetbiker7
Upvote 0
I do it the same way.Must of been a phone fart hasn't happened anymore.

Just a heads up. I had my 1st freeze up and had to do a battery pull. I was using the default camera and had taken about 5 or 6 photos in a row. The screen went black and that was a wrap. I gave it a minute or so to see if it would come back on but it didn't. Couldn't even hold the power button down and get it to reboot. I pulled the battery and it's been running fine for the past 8 hours.

Just wanted to add that I'm running the DKP kernel too. I doubt very seriously it had anything to do with it.

I wanted to give you a heads up in case it happens to you while using the default camera. :thumbup:

Reactions: pOsSuM72
Upvote 0
Just a heads up. I had my 1st freeze up and had to do a battery pull. I was using the default camera and had taken about 5 or 6 photos in a row. The screen went black and that was a wrap. I gave it a minute or so to see if it would come back on but it didn't. Couldn't even hold the power button down and get it to reboot. I pulled the battery and it's been running fine for the past 8 hours.

Just wanted to add that I'm running the DKP kernel too. I doubt very seriously it had anything to do with it.

I wanted to give you a heads up in case it happens to you while using the default camera. :thumbup:
Just had me another random reboot doing nothing.

Upvote 0
Just found out that Cyanogenmod is going to deunify the d2 builds for the Galaxy S3 after unifying them in February. There's already an unofficial CM12 d2att build out there. I don't know if this means that all other ROMs will be deunifying d2 builds also. Looks like from now on, at least with Cyanogenmod, have to look for d2spr builds once again.

Upvote 0
Just found out that Cyanogenmod is going to deunify the d2 builds for the Galaxy S3 after unifying them in February. There's already an unofficial CM12 d2att build out there. I don't know if this means that all other ROMs will be deunifying d2 builds also. Looks like from now on, at least with Cyanogenmod, have to look for d2spr builds once again.

Deunify? Are you serious? WTH? Lets hope others don't do the same.

If they do we'll just have to start removing the asserts from the d2spr builds again.

Do you have any idea why they decided to Deunify?

Upvote 0
Deunify? Are you serious? WTH? Lets hope others don't do the same.

If they do we'll just have to start removing the asserts from the d2spr builds again.

Do you have any idea why they decided to Deunify?

Don't know. Just found out that they'll be deunifying d2 builds. Could be just because it's an older device and they feel the support isn't there. Could be they're having problems with commits for unified builds with Android 5.0.

Upvote 0
Don't know. Just found out that they'll be deunifying d2 builds. Could be just because it's an older device and they feel the support isn't there. Could be they're having problems with commits for unified builds with Android 5.0.

Right. If it is because of 5.0, possibly they'll unify again once they've had more time to work with it.

It's really no biggie removing the asserts from the Sprint builds. The unified builds just made things a little easier.

I actually made a video and written tutorial posted in my ROM, Mod , etc thread in the Boost section back before they unified the builds. I'm glad I left all that info up. Newcomers may end up needing it to get their Boost and VM phones to run the d2spr builds. :D

Upvote 0
Right. If it is because of 5.0, possibly they'll unify again once they've had more time to work with it.

It's really no biggie removing the asserts from the Sprint builds. The unified builds just made things a little easier.

I actually made a video and written tutorial posted in my ROM, Mod , etc thread in the Boost section back before they unified the builds. I'm glad I left all that info up. Newcomers may end up needing it to get their Boost and VM phones to run the d2spr builds. :D

I was able to confirm that CM builds will be deunified. I ended up just asking on their Google+ page. It looks like the tentative date for CM12 release is December 1st and the first Snapshot build will be in early January. There also could possibly be an unofficial d2spr build coming soon. Looks like everything works except the camera on the unofficial CM12 d2att build. Could be the case with d2spr.

At least, the word wasn't that d2lte will be dropped completely. I'm OK with d2 being deunified as long as d2spr is supported. There are many, many people still using Galaxy S3s.

Upvote 0
This is the ROM DU is based on. Doesn't have as many features as DU though. But you can use Xposed Installer with GravityBox [KK] to add a ton of features to the ROM. And GravityBox [KK] was just upgraded to be compatible with 4.4.3.

I will say this, Omni Rom is actually smoother and more stable than Dirty Unicorns. But that's probably to be expected since there are less features. I have not had one force reboot yet.
I've been told if Knox is installed there's no way to flash ROMs

Upvote 0
I've been told if Knox is installed there's no way to flash ROMs

Knox doesn't really affect anything. If you flash the wrong modem, it will cause your phone to brick though. But you can root, flash, and pretty much do whatever you want even with having Knox. You just have to be more careful in what you're flashing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones