• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Android 4.4.4 d2lte Nightlies

What about GPS? It seems GPS loses its lock in every rom if it even works from the beginning. Last night I flashed back to Stock Rooted... I hate it, I guess GPS works, but now MMS isnt working with Hangouts. Wtf? Im getting sick and tired of this phone

What about GPS? It seems GPS loses its lock in every rom if it even works from the beginning. Last night I flashed back to Stock Rooted... I hate it, I guess GPS works, but now MMS isnt working with Hangouts. Wtf? Im getting sick and tired of this phone

You can blame Cyanogenmod for the GPS problem. They screwed up something in the commits for GPS. So, every ROM that's CM based are having GPS problems. That's for every GS3, not just Virgin Mobile's. I haven't had GPS problems with Dirty Unicorns, AICP, or Mahdi though.

You can blame Cyanogenmod for the GPS problem. They screwed up something in the commits for GPS. So, every ROM that's CM based are having GPS problems. That's for every GS3, not just Virgin Mobile's. I haven't had GPS problems with Dirty Unicorns, AICP, or Mahdi though.

Thank I'll try out DU then. I have a work related trip at the end of the month where I will be in completely unfamiliar territory in another state and working GPS would be quite useful

Installed Mahdi 2.9 a couple days ago and tried to use GPS for the first time tonight. Worked fine for a few minutes, then kept losing signal. During one of the signal losses, the phone spontaneously rebooted. Wasn't the end of the world, I managed to find the place I was going to. I will probably stay on Mahdi until someone gets a decent 5.0 rom out.

Seems to be the common thing. FYI The DU 10/29 build by Kasey Jones, also borked... cant even set location to high accuracy without FCs and other things are broke as well. Sigh. Wonder why Hangouts MMS wouldnt work with my stock flash... so annoying. Stock rom is garbage, Custom roms are broken.... sigh

False. I was running the latest AICP stable release, and 2 days ago upgraded to the 11/07 nightly, GPS worked for maybe 2 minutes before losing its lock

Huh... Weird. Works great for me

That makes me worry how 5.0 Roms will be :( with all those issues with 4.4.4...

I'm not sure what ROM you're running, but everything has worked on most of the 4.4.4 Roms I've tried (besides GPS for a few). I'm sure 5.0 will be great :)
All the main galaxy s3 models have huge dev support and I'm positive it'll be awesome

Huh... Weird. Works great for me

I'm not sure what ROM you're running, but everything has worked on most of the 4.4.4 Roms I've tried (besides GPS for a few). I'm sure 5.0 will be great :)
All the main galaxy s3 models have huge dev support and I'm positive it'll be awesome
I'm not using a custom ROM. This is my 3rd replacement phone. I haven't rooted it yet even though it's been almost 2 months. But I'm just going off of everyone's comments. :) I'm eagerly waiting for the 5.0 ROM's

I would also like to include that I've tried miracast screen mirroring on every ROM I've tried and it works perfectly without any fixes.

I would also like to include that I've tried miracast screen mirroring on every ROM I've tried and it works perfectly without any fixes.

Yep. I've tried it with both stock based and a few 4.4.4 ROMs. It worked nicely with all the ROMs I've tried.

If any of you haven't tried Bliss, I suggest giving it a try. It has minor and I do mean minor bugs. I've only found 2 and they are basically insignificant. I've ran the ROM with both the stock and DKP kernel. No issues with either. Just a little more info. I've been using the newest PA mini modular GAPPS with no issues.

The ROM is by far my favorite 4.4.4 build available right now. No random reboots or freeze ups. The ROM has been running rock solid for me. :)

Yep. I've tried it with both stock based and a few 4.4.4 ROMs. It worked nicely with all the ROMs I've tried.

If any of you haven't tried Bliss, I suggest giving it a try. It has minor and I do mean minor bugs. I've only found 2 and they are basically insignificant. I've ran the ROM with both the stock and DKP kernel. No issues with either. Just a little more info. I've been using the newest PA mini modular GAPPS with no issues.

The ROM is by far my favorite 4.4.4 build available right now. No random reboots or freeze ups. The ROM has been running rock solid for me. :)

I really liked bliss too, but I couldn't get Netflix to work. I'm trying Mahdi now. GPS works fine, I used it this morning. But Waze crashes completely. Won't work, and I use it a lot.

I really liked bliss too, but I couldn't get Netflix to work. I'm trying Mahdi now. GPS works fine, I used it this morning. But Waze crashes completely. Won't work, and I use it a lot.

BlissStalk is based on BeanStalk ROM. BeanStalk always had problems running Netflix. If I remember correctly, there is a Netflix Workaround Xposed Frameworks module.

I'm still using Google Maps 6.14.4. In my opinion, it was the last version of Maps that was any good. You can do turn-by-turn directions using arrows, save maps offline, etc. But Google did buy Waze. I think they integrated Waze into Google Maps as well as letting the Waze app still operate. Might want to check out the settings of Google Maps to see if Waze features did get integrated.

I'm assuming that the devs that are still around and using the S3 are probably going to be reinvigorated by 5.0 and at least initially excited to get into building roms. If it turns out that there's just all sorts of issues that can't be easily fixes, support will wane.

BlissStalk is based on BeanStalk ROM. BeanStalk always had problems running Netflix. If I remember correctly, there is a Netflix Workaround Xposed Frameworks module.

I'm still using Google Maps 6.14.4. In my opinion, it was the last version of Maps that was any good. You can do turn-by-turn directions using arrows, save maps offline, etc. But Google did buy Waze. I think they integrated Waze into Google Maps as well as letting the Waze app still operate. Might want to check out the settings of Google Maps to see if Waze features did get integrated.

You're correct. There is info about the Netflix Xposed Framework workaround in the Bliss thread. I don't use Netflix so I haven't tried it but others have posted in the ROM thread that it does indeed work.

For those who are interested, CyanogenMod released their Snapshot M12 build today. It'll be in the CyanogenMod Snapshot Build link. Looks like they're starting to roll out some CM12 builds. Just saw a post on Google+ about someone having it running on their OnePlus One.

Almost got my hopes up earlier today. Saw a post on Google+ from a Nameless ROM dev saying they were working on 5.0 updates. So, I checked the link for the ROM on this list and it was down. I'm thinking it's because they're about to post their 5.0 updates. Checked it later. It's still 4.4.4.

For those who are interested, CyanogenMod released their Snapshot M12 build today. It'll be in the CyanogenMod Snapshot Build link. Looks like they're starting to roll out some CM12 builds. Just saw a post on Google+ about someone having it running on their OnePlus One.

Almost got my hopes up earlier today. Saw a post on Google+ from a Nameless ROM dev saying they were working on 5.0 updates. So, I checked the link for the ROM on this list and it was down. I'm thinking it's because they're about to post their 5.0 updates. Checked it later. It's still 4.4.4.

NICE!!!! I've been running Bliss but I'll sure be keeping an eye on the CyanogenMod.

Thanks for the heads up. It's been a little while since I've checked CM. Gonna be headed over there shortly. :thumbup:

The OPO build is still broke. As are many. They will boot. But audio/camera/etc etc etc still in the works. Alot of really talented people are workin on it. #verizons3 or #oudhitsquad @ freenode is a good place to listen in on the progress

The OPO build is still broke. As are many. They will boot. But audio/camera/etc etc etc still in the works. Alot of really talented people are workin on it. #verizons3 or #oudhitsquad @ freenode is a good place to listen in on the progress

I read an article yesterday that said CM12 should start rolling out late this month or early next month. That's much quicker than I was thinking it would start. Seeing the screenshots of the Nexus devices that got the 5.0 update already makes me excited for it. Hopefully, quite a few ROMs will support d2lte.

I read an article yesterday that said CM12 should start rolling out late this month or early next month. That's much quicker than I was thinking it would start. Seeing the screenshots of the Nexus devices that got the 5.0 update already makes me excited for it. Hopefully, quite a few ROMs will support d2lte.

I went ahead and flashed the CyanogenMod snapshot you mentioned. So far it's running like a champ. Thanks for the heads up on the build.

I know CM may not have all the bells and whistles some of the other AOSP ROMs have but even so, it's always been one of my favorite ROMs. :thumbup:

EDIT:

Just wanted to add that I decided to keep the stock kernel and give it a try. Looks like it's doing pretty good on battery consumption.

EDIT 2: The camera isn't up to par. Photos are a bit blurry. I've tried several camera apps, all with the same result. I'm surprised CM hasn't addressed this issue yet. Camera clarity has been an ongoing issue.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up if you are wanting to try the M12 Snapshot build. Pictures are memories and my picky self likes them to be as clear as possible when using my phone.

I love CyanogenMod but the camera issue forces me to flash my Bliss backup. Other than that and slower than normal WiFi download speed, the ROM runs great.

Off topic, I just fastboot flashed the 5.0 factory image on my nexus 7(2013) flo. I love it. Some apps don't work yet but I'm sure the app developers will get on it soon

Back
Top Bottom