• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking and wondering if it is possible to implement the theme chooser into this ROM as well, I know it doesn't work with stock or deodexed stock ROMs and no one else has it included in theirs other than cyanogen ROMs, Its a cool feature to have, just not sure if its possible to included, the apk files are all over the internet though.

Just a suggestion, Idk if this is something that is in Stock aosp, but that sound in cm10 when you touch something, maybe you could add that in if it is in aosp and it is at all possible?

I was thinking and wondering if it is possible to implement the theme chooser into this ROM as well, I know it doesn't work with stock or deodexed stock ROMs and no one else has it included in theirs other than cyanogen ROMs, Its a cool feature to have, just not sure if its possible to included, the apk files are all over the internet though.

It is not possible for me to include T-Mobile's (CyanogenMod's) Theme Engine as this is not a source-based ROM, but rather a hacked/themed stock ROM. For themes, try Xposed Framework with XTheme Engine. Look for TouchWiz compatible Xthemes. They work ok, but are quite a bit more limited than CM's theme engine.

Comong bringed 6.3

Ignoring this comment and all future ones like it. :) Please switch to Chrome and use the spell check feature. Perhaps English is not your primary language. Use Google Translate, type your questions or comments in your primary language, hit translate, copy and paste here. Thank you.

Just a suggestion, Idk if this is something that is in Stock aosp, but that sound in cm10 when you touch something, maybe you could add that in if it is in aosp and it is at all possible?

Granted. For the next release the default sounds, ringtones, and notifications in the framework are changed over to match those from CM.

-----------------------------

DEV STATUS: Fixed the theming on PackageInstaller. It now installs in a dialog instead of full-screen and the buttons are borderless. This has been bugging me for a while.

Tempted to push this as a full release instead of an update due to the large number of changes made but I haven't decided for sure yet. Another reason I may push it as full is because so far, every time I have installed it, it has wiped my Google login credentials from the phone. I believe this has to do with the framework modifications.

Sounds like you've been busy Moon.. Major progress sense 5.x...
Keep up the great work..

For anyone wanting notifications/ring tones, ext to forward to external speakers (via 3.5 headphone jack). Check out "Sound*about" (minis the *) on the Market..
I'm sure there's other's yet this app seems most compatible.

Sounds like you've been busy Moon.. Major progress sense 5.x...
Keep up the great work..

For anyone wanting notifications/ring tones, ext to forward to external speakers (via 3.5 headphone jack). Check out "Sound*about" (minis the *) on the Market..
I'm sure there's other's yet this app seems most compatible.

Good find! I'm going to include this pre-installed in the next version!

This guy is turning out pretty ****** solid. Keep up the work. Ill update u if I ever get back to it

I'm going to take this as a compliment. Still looking forward to including your new kernel when you get it all worked out. Thanks!

That's what it reads by default :x

Make sure that the proxy and port are blanked, make sure the mmsc url is manually entered. with nothing set, 8sms will attempt to pull the settings from the apns, the apns REPORT that there is an apn available but it's malformed and must be entered manually. Make sure 8sms is not set to 'standalone' mode because this does not work.

Also make sure that the secMms.apk has not been removed because it is required for sending/receiving.

I have not had any problems with MMS. If it still does not work, try restoring the original SecMms.apk (needs to be deodexed, so from say Victorious would work) and sending/receiving an MMS with that. You could also use a shortcut maker to jump the the MMS activity to send/receive but that is a tedious process.

That said, I have been running 6.2 on my phone since before I released it and haven't had any issues with MMS. R7 is on it's way, though, and will be a full release so hang tight.

Make sure that the proxy and port are blanked, make sure the mmsc url is manually entered. with nothing set, 8sms will attempt to pull the settings from the apns, the apns REPORT that there is an apn available but it's malformed and must be entered manually. Make sure 8sms is not set to 'standalone' mode because this does not work.

Also make sure that the secMms.apk has not been removed because it is required for sending/receiving.

I have not had any problems with MMS. If it still does not work, try restoring the original SecMms.apk (needs to be deodexed, so from say Victorious would work) and sending/receiving an MMS with that. You could also use a shortcut maker to jump the the MMS activity to send/receive but that is a tedious process.

That said, I have been running 6.2 on my phone since before I released it and haven't had any issues with MMS. R7 is on it's way, though, and will be a full release so hang tight.

Manually typing it and rebooting did the trick. Thanks!

@Moon:
Doesn't 6.2 have blacklisting within dailer or is that a R7 idea?

I know we've spoken about that however I have not been able to blacklist any #'s..
You've been busy so it's understandable..

10/15/2013: Napalm (R7)
  • Fixed notification drawer layout
  • Enabled water effect option on TouchWiz lock screen
  • 360-degree screen rotation enabled
  • Lock screen rotation enabled
  • 1X Data-type indicator enabled
  • Roboto fonts added
  • AOSP style recents (no shortucts or buttons in recent apps screen)
  • Holo themed contacts, dialer, in-call screen (like the camera, this is not AOSP styled)
  • Minor UI theming tweaks
  • APK Installation now shows in a dialog with Holo borderless buttons (instead of fullscreen)
  • Replaced default sounds in framework with defaults from Evervolv (still working on the sounds made by the capacitive buttons)
  • Switched default notification, alarm, and ringtone to match Evervolv's default
  • Added Sound-About (Free Version) for notification audio routing to headphones (thanks to civicscootin)
  • ZIP now uses Aroma installer
  • Added AOSP stock live wallpapers and Sound Recorder
  • Aroma installer: Option to remove Google Apps during install
  • Aroma installer: Option to remove Facebook during install
  • Aroma installer: Option to remove Wifi Tether, ES File Explorer, and Sound-About during install
  • Aroma installer: Option to remove TouchWiz ringtones, notification tones, and alarms during install
  • Aroma installer: Option to choose VaeVictus MG5 or Stock MG5 kernels

----------------------------

The fonts should be Robot by default but I have a hard time telling the difference. If it's not, please let me know and I'll include a flipfont package in the next release instead.

The system sounds have been set to match the ones from Evervolv (so no more water drop effect when you click an on-screen element) but I still haven't found the ones that are used when pressing a capacitive button (menu, home, back) so those still make the dreaded drip sound. I'll get it eventually, though.

A quick note about the 1X Data type indicator: by default, Samsung disabled the display of the 1x indicator for data connection. With this, if you live in a low-reception area, you may notice that it no longer shows 3G in places where it did previously. This is not an issue with the ROM lowering your reception, but rather, it is the ROM showing you what kind of connection you have REALLY always had in that area all along. The stock TouchWiz ROM masks 1x and shows the 3G indicator for every data connection that is not 4G. You'll still get the same reception, you are just better informed as to what kind of connection it really is.

I'm still new to Aroma, but eventually I'd like to make the installer a little more streamlined, for example, a single screen for all apps to include/remove with multiple check-boxes instead of several yes/no screens. I'll get it eventually.

I zipaligned all of my modified APKs this time. If anybody has any trouble with anything please, please get a logcat because there have been so many changes with this release that without knowing what package is causing the problem, I can't help you.

Conquest is now pretty much feature-complete. Just a few minor tweaks here and there, so the next release probably won't be for a while. I do eventually want to get the dialer and contacts to look a little more AOSP-like, and I may try my hand at enabling the Ink effect on the TouchWiz lock screen (I really like the water effect).

Enjoy your cup of Napalm.

-------------------------

Quick update: SecMms.apk notifications are STILL not disabled by default. Ugh. I WILL get this fixed ASAP and push a quick update (hopefully with the water drop sound disabled as well).

Update 2: SecMms notifications DISABLED. Permanently. For sure this time. No kidding. :) I also took the opportunity to remove SecMms's intent targets. This means when you choose to send a SMS or an MMS, it no longer shows up in the list of apps that you can use to send. This will only be for those of you who choose the 8sms option in the update installer. Please do not choose this option if you chose to use TouchWiz messaging in the R7 installer. Now on to that water-drop sound...

10/15/2013: Napalm (R7.1)
  • Permanently disabled TouchWiz Messaging notifications for those who chose to install 8sms (optional)
  • Replaced TouchWiz Drop sound with AOSP Tick sound for capacitive buttons
----------------------------
I don't like pushing two updates in one day, but since these were quick and easy (and technically, R7 was ready yesterday with the delay due to my slow internet upload speed), I'm making an exception. Enjoy.

Well shoot. I might switch from CM10 to this... :D You're awesome.

And thank you for optional Facebook installation. I don't use Facebook at all. On a related note, I don't feel too embarrassed asking here. What is AROMA, exactly? Is it an installer on the PC? A recovery? Does it come up during TWRP install? ROM - flashing addict that I am, I've never installed a ROM via AROMA before.

Lovely update Moon..
Also Thank you for the blacklist info..
Stock had the option on the contacts screen if editing a contact. Yet the hidden phone/blacklist protocol will work just fine..

Downloading now. Ps a great app to include for vm users is Minutes Checker. There's 2. The older I've used forever it's great. The newer I'm testing now and seems even greater

What is AROMA, exactly? Is it an installer on the PC? A recovery? Does it come up during TWRP install? ROM - flashing addict that I am, I've never installed a ROM via AROMA before.

It appears after you select the zip to flash (I use TWRP). It seems like a UI so the user can select install options. Works great!!!! I just used it for the first time a few hours ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom