• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
10/16/2013: Napalm (R7.1a)
  • Fixed receiving SMS/MMS bug from R7.1
  • Fixed AOSP-style recents
---------------------------------
Wanted to get this out to fix the problems introduced in 7.1 and so that I didn't have to change the features list (AOSP-style recents). Last release for a while. Need to sort a few things out with aroma and test some stuff.

Also, I've been working with the developer of 8sms to try to get the popup quick reply layout fixed. I have a fixed version but have no permission to share at the moment.

Thanks everyone. My daughter is doing well. The surgery went well and I'm going to try to work on the next revision.

hope your surgery went well moon... Just reporting that I'm still having sms issues on 7.1a

I may have packaged the wrong apk in the zip. Anybody else having issues?

Same here, incoming text shows up in notification tray but not in conversation thread. But bro, take a break and heal your body. You've done an incredible job and tremendous amount of work in this rom. Take some pain meds and put your feet up for a few. Great work. :cool:

10/17/2013: R7.2
  • Fixed SMS/MMS receiving bug (for real this time)
  • Added custom 8sms build to fix quick-reply pop-up layout
  • Fixed bug from R7 where TouchWiz message was not installed when selected in AROMA
----------------
Thanks, guys. I intend to take it easy for a while now. This should fix current outstanding bugs unless anybody else finds more. Have fun.

I fully removed 8sms a while back & using GoSMS with no issues.

Great to hear all is pretty well Moon..
You've developed quite the little fan base here as well as other places around the net.

I fully removed 8sms a while back & using GoSMS with no issues.

Great to hear all is pretty well Moon..
You've developed quite the little fan base here as well as other places around the net.

8sms installation is optional, however, if you choose not install 8sms, the stock TouchWiz messaging app will be installed/re-installed.

8sms installation is optional, however, if you choose not install 8sms, the stock TouchWiz messaging app will be installed/re-installed.

Agreed, I had (back in R6.x reverted 8sms to a user app so I was able to link it to Link2SD.
Just to gain slot space within internal. With that 8sms remained until I fully uninstalled it before the 7.1 update.
In short I have gone with the native Touchwiz (witch is great you gave us that option by the way) instead of 8sms as its one less icon to deal with let alone no future faults (if any) sense the native messaging app is still available (even though hidden ;-) *come.android.mms*)..

The theme is fantastic, mms is now working perfectly, blacklist is back, media sharing is available & wifi works great..
Sound.about for external notifications is sweet & ES file has always been my native ROOT browser, so top notch on the pre-installs.

Only 2 very very small issues I personally have is every now & then messages & data stops but a quick profile update fixes those issues (probably the main reason optimizer was installed to force profile updates every 30mins)..
& the other being the native video player does not open via icon, yet it playes from gallery :-\..

All in all what I'm seeing is maybe a few other 3rd party apps (Xsposed being 1 pre-installed) & a re-written kernel dedicated to this rom is all that's needed..

@Moon
Fantastic job bud..
It has been a pleasure testing for you.

~Civic

Agreed, I had (back in R6.x reverted 8sms to a user app so I was able to link it to Link2SD.
Just to gain slot space within internal. With that 8sms remained until I fully uninstalled it before the 7.1 update.
In short I have gone with the native Touchwiz (witch is great you gave us that option by the way) instead of 8sms as its one less icon to deal with let alone no future faults (if any) sense the native messaging app is still available (even though hidden ;-) *come.android.mms*)..

The theme is fantastic, mms is now working perfectly, blacklist is back, media sharing is available & wifi works great..
Sound.about for external notifications is sweet & ES file has always been my native ROOT browser, so top notch on the pre-installs.

Only 2 very very small issues I personally have is every now & then messages & data stops but a quick profile update fixes those issues (probably the main reason optimizer was installed to force profile updates every 30mins)..
& the other being the native video player does not open via icon, yet it playes from gallery :-\..

All in all what I'm seeing is maybe a few other 3rd party apps (Xsposed being 1 pre-installed) & a re-written kernel dedicated to this rom is all that's needed..

@Moon
Fantastic job bud..
It has been a pleasure testing for you.

~Civic

I most likely have no plans for a custom kernel.

Been thinking about pre-installing Xposed with Xtheme engine so I can make a few themes, too but we'll see what happens when I'm feeling a little better.

As for video player, I think I'm going to remove the TouchWiz player and replace it with MX Player. I hate the TouchWiz video player but have been using MX Player for quite some time. If anybody has suggestions for a different/better player, though, let me know.

Many of the preinstalled apps in the next release will be installed as user apps instead of system apps for easier removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom