• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear ========, (Customer ID: -----------)

Recently we have noticed that your web site(s) is overloading the web server because it was using too many shared server resources (cpu/memory usage). Because of this, we have had to temporarily lock your account on the current server. We now request that you consider purchasing a Managed or other Dedicated Server in order to continue hosting with 1&1 Internet.

The decision to lock your account was made by the system administrators in order to improve the quality of service for the rest of our clients on the shared server from which you are hosted. The resource usage of your account threatened the ability of that server to capably operate as as a shared host , so it was required that your account be locked in
order to mitigate server load. Though we could unlock your site, it is not recommended.

Your account activity has demonstrated that your site deserves its own server to better suit its performance needs.

Please visit 1and1.com to review the server products we offer. You will have one (1) month to make a decision and migrate your account over to a 1&1 server or another host provider.

You can choose to return your account back to the previous state (unlocked), provided that you take steps to reduce resource usage of your account. If the account has to be locked again you will only have the option of purchasing a dedicated server account to continue hosting with 1&1 Internet.

Please reply to this email promptly. Further questions/comments should be directed to abuse-team@1and1.com.

Thank you for your compliance in this matter.

--
Sincerely,
Security Team
1&1 Internet, Inc.

I just got ^that^ email that we overloaded servers @ 1and1 WOOOOOO!!!!!!
I just got to buy dedicated server space from 1and1 so it'll be a few days. sorry

Lol sorry about that boss. I kind of figured that was what happened. I don't know how much was my fault but I'm going to start putting AFH as primary and your host as mirror. I'm very grateful for your hosting the files. Thanks again!

Its alright, it jus means your ROM is very successful and I'm glad. As soon as i have the site back up i will PM you. Best wishes

As for video player, I think I'm going to remove the TouchWiz player and replace it with MX Player. I hate the TouchWiz video player but have been using MX Player for quite some time. If anybody has suggestions for a different/better player, though, let me know.

MX player is highly recommended..
Another good player I use is QQPlayer as the resources are far less the MX..
However with that said video quality is degraded do to pixelation.

MX player is highly recommended..
Another good player I use is QQPlayer as the resources are far less the MX..
However with that said video quality is degraded do to pixelation.

I was also looking into the possibility of using VLC although it's beta, it has one of the highest media compatibilities of any media player. Going to test it out for a while. Maybe by the time I can sit down again, I'll have a decision.

I was also looking into the possibility of using VLC although it's beta, it has one of the highest media compatibilities of any media player. Going to test it out for a while. Maybe by the time I can sit down again, I'll have a decision.

I've tried it on pure stock.. It was a hit & miss. Yet that was 4 months ago.

Downloaded R7 full and in twrp 2.6 says cant open zip file. Downloaded it 3 times same every time.

2.6 TWRP is incompatible with many builds & is still rather beta.
Version 2.3.4.0 workes just fine & many users stick with that.

Downloaded R7 full and in twrp 2.6 says cant open zip file. Downloaded it 3 times same every time.

Upload must have gotten corrupted/interrupted. Damn Time Warner Cable. Uploading again, should be up in a couple hours.

2.6 TWRP is incompatible with many builds & is still rather beta.
Version 2.3.4.0 workes just fine & many users stick with that.

Actually, TWRP 2.3 will not auto-mount either of my 8GB external micro SD cards so I use and test with 2.6.3.0. I checked the MD5 on the AFH download page against the MD5 on my PC and they don't match. Chalk this one up to poor internet connection.

Is it safe to wipe data for this rom? My phones being a bit wonky and thinking maybe it would clear up some issues. Just don't want to mess it up. I read though most of this thread didn't get a clear answer on it.

Thanks

Quick status update: the next release will be numbered 7.5 as opposed to 7.3. There are three reasons:
(1) I feel like the changes made are big enough that it deserves more than a single minor revision number.
(2) I feel like the changes made are NOT big enough to warrant a major revision number.
(3) I'm testing the sh!t out of this one because nobody likes bugs (I have one volunteer to help me test, please PM me if you'd like to help also), and if there are other minor bugs with R7.2 that can be easily fixed, this leaves me with 2 minor revision numbers in between to fix them.

--------------------

This release will bring another major overhaul to the installation process, almost everything is customizable. I have thrown in the option to install or not install all of the apps that I have previously had pre-installed, as well as a couple of new ones. Options to install/not install the AOSP apps that have been included in this ROM since day one, and the option to install/not install the original TouchWiz counterparts to most of the apps in the ROM. Google apps will also be optional (most Google apps will be available to be pre-installed). MX Player will be an optional install, along with the stock video player. There is now an option to install either SuperSU (my choice) or Koush's Superuser. The AOSP camera/gallery will return as an optional install. Due to the complexity of the installer, and the fact that as I recover from surgery I'm restricted to doing all of this while lying on my stomach (ouch), I have not made any framework modifications (sorry, no lock screen ink effect yet). Perhaps revision 8 will include Xposed framework and Xtheme engine so we can get some sort of theming going on, I know it's been asked for. Thanks for your patience and support while I get this all worked out. Until rbheromax gives me the go ahead to start pushing my files to his server again, I'm probably going to be limited to bittorrent for distribution (unless I can get AFH to accept a full upload without cutting off the last 5-10% of the file).

EDIT: No matter what I do to install it, Koush's Superuser keeps causing random reboots. That option will not be present in 7.5.

Is it safe to wipe data for this rom? My phones being a bit wonky and thinking maybe it would clear up some issues. Just don't want to mess it up. I read though most of this thread didn't get a clear answer on it.

Thanks

Sorry, missed this one. Yeah, I always wipe data before I install my full releases so it should be safe. Your mileage may vary. Make a backup first.

EDIT: AFH upload finally successful. Links updated.

Thanks

For the full releases I just wipe system and it clears things up.

On full releases I do recommend wiping data (now that it's safe to do so) to avoid any conflicting app data. I'm going to try to include an app to backup and restore apps+data in the next release (before you ask, no, I absolutely refuse to include Titanium Backup as an option).

This community is awesome. Thank you all for your support. I've added a "donate" button to the OP. Nobody is required to donate, nobody is expected to donate. There are no perks to donating, no "early beta tester access," no "special donator features," and I don't drink alcohol for personal reasons, but if you want to buy me a Root Beer, go for it. It's appreciated. Running a few more tests on 7.5 and it will probably be pushed since there are no major changes to the codebase. That way I can focus on 8.0 :)

The only reason I never used this is because it's built on the VM stock which I can install on my Sprint phone but can't get 4G. Strangely enough, I flashed it over my stock Sprint rom and everything worked including 4G. :D amazing. Loving this.

I'm having problems with the lock screen weather and news ticker. On the lock screen it says "Unable to display weather data" and the news ticker is blank. When I go to Settings -> Lock screen -> Lock screen options -> Information ticker and tap Settings it lights up but never does anything. If I tap on Weather in the Lock screen options it then hangs for a sec and gives me a dialog box saying "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped."

When I flashed I did a factory reset then put 7 full and then 7.2 after. I also used VaeVictus. I haven't had any other issues besides this so far. Is this a bug or did I do something wrong? Any ideas on how I could fix it?

I'm having problems with the lock screen weather and news ticker. On the lock screen it says "Unable to display weather data" and the news ticker is blank. When I go to Settings -> Lock screen -> Lock screen options -> Information ticker and tap Settings it lights up but never does anything. If I tap on Weather in the Lock screen options it then hangs for a sec and gives me a dialog box saying "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped."

When I flashed I did a factory reset then put 7 full and then 7.2 after. I also used VaeVictus. I haven't had any other issues besides this so far. Is this a bug or did I do something wrong? Any ideas on how I could fix it?

Feature, not bug. Actually, it's a side effect of debloating. I'll probably restore this functionality for the next release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom