• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to make a few edits and deletes because things were getting heated in here. A developer has the right to make a closed source rom provided that they follow the legal standards. If you feel that a developer is in violation, hit the report button and let the mods/admin take care of it. If you feel like someone is being unruly, you can hit the report button for that as well. Development threads are meant for support as well as providing bug reports or constructive criticism of their work. So let's do that, alright? ;)

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the action taken, my inbox is always open. :)

The fact that you got to the Victorious logo with VaeVictus installed says the problem is not likely to be with the kernel. Definitely try a reinstall. Check the MD5 of your completed download against the one on the AFH download page to check for a corrupted download.

Also, if you have not updated to MG5 before installing this ROM, I recommend it. This ROM is based on the MG5 stock ROM, but doesn't include the firmware updates.

It is possible that the installer is failing somewhere. At the end of the installation, the installer will prompt you to "Save logs." This saves a log file into the same folder as the installer zip file and can be useful in troubleshooting installation issues.

Thanks for the quick reply moon! I should have mentioned that I am on mg5 already. It's hopefully just a corrupted download, so I will try that again. Will post the log if it happens again.

I would do it before the weekend but am limited on time and just got the new Rocksmith 2014 and gotta put in my dues!

Thanks for the quick reply moon! I should have mentioned that I am on mg5 already. It's hopefully just a corrupted download, so I will try that again. Will post the log if it happens again.

I would do it before the weekend but am limited on time and just got the new Rocksmith 2014 and gotta put in my dues!

No worries, but just a heads up: 8.0 might be out by the weekend.

jhawkkw close this topic, moon violated shared data, my data i shared has turn on me, not ok.. this is not why i shared the backup. now if i didnt ever released this backup. conquest would of never happen. i have screen shots, i demand mods to email/pm me, for details, you win moon, you can just take your greedy work elsewhere, i will not let moon walk on me. jhawkkw you violated rules with out having a proper review. good bye.. if this post gets deleted, i will have screen shots to show otherwise, i demand moon use another rom that isnt attached to my serial number so. buy ur own rom and really do your own dont just steal and be a dick.
compsjp
Compsman Techs
I had to make a few edits and deletes because things were getting heated in here. A developer has the right to make a closed source rom provided that they follow the legal standards. If you feel that a developer is in violation, hit the report button and let the mods/admin take care of it. If you feel like someone is being unruly, you can hit the report button for that as well. Development threads are meant for support as well as providing bug reports or constructive criticism of their work. So let's do that, alright? ;)

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the action taken, my inbox is always open. :)

jhawkkw close this topic, moon violated shared data, my data i shared has turn on me, not ok.. this is not why i shared the backup. now if i didnt ever released this backup. conquest would of never happen. i have screen shots, i demand mods to email/pm me, for details, you win moon, you can just take your greedy work elsewhere, i will not let moon walk on me. jhawkkw you violated rules with out having a proper review. good bye.. if this post gets deleted, i will have screen shots to show otherwise, i demand moon use another rom that isnt attached to my serial number so. buy ur own rom and really do your own dont just steal and be a dick.
compsjp
Compsman Techs

Sir... You're really angry about a backup? Anyone could have done that. The only reason I didn't upload is bc u did lol. Calm down bro. It's cool ;-) Ps moon everything is still running smooth. No complaints that I can think of

Sir... You're really angry about a backup? Anyone could have done that. The only reason I didn't upload is bc u did lol. Calm down bro. It's cool ;-) Ps moon everything is still running smooth. No complaints that I can think of

Ikr, I could have done that, comps... And I might be like the least knowledgeable person here. Great ROM, moon! Thanks for your contributions to our phone!

10/25/2013: Plutonium/8.0
  • Improved, more customizable installation process
  • Enabled Ink effect on TouchWiz lockscreen
  • Disabled lockscreen rotation (it didn't honor display rotation settings and annoyed me)
  • System theming tweaks to better achieve an AOSP look (font sizes, menu layouts, more)
  • Dialer theming tweaks to remove solid black boxes from buttons
  • Re-added AOSP camera/gallery (optional install)
  • Re-added TouchWiz stock apps (optional install)
  • Re-added TouchWiz Live Wallpaper (optional install)
  • Added more Google Apps (optional install)
  • Removed VaeVictus Kernel
  • Added TeachMe's kernel (recommended)
  • Restored default font
  • Re-added TouchWiz Flipfont packages (optional install)
  • Moved Roboto to Flipfont package (optional install)
  • Added GoBackup as a pre-installed app (optional install)
  • Moved many optional pre-installed apps from system to data for easier removal later
  • Added ability to have up to 5 shortcuts on TouchWiz lockscreen
  • Forced hardware acceleration via egl.cfg
  • Removed kies executable from /system/bin to improve overall system memory usage
  • Updated all included apps to latest versions
  • Updated 8sms to latest official version (which already has quick reply dialog fix)
  • Removed "Accessory" option from settings
  • Corrected contacts icon
  • Fixed stock video player (video player is an optional install, thanks TeachMe)
  • New default desktop wallpaper

oops sorry. i uncapped the u/l speed on my bt client. should go a little faster now. i will have to cap the speed again, though, when there are a couple more seeds.

Hey, everyone, TeachMe has just updated the Call Recording mod to be compatible with R7 and higher! See 2nd post for details!

TeachMe hasn't released the kernel separately but I did get permission to include the kernel in this release. It has a feature set comparable to VaeVictus, and between me and a few others seems to have similar to better performance. The hope is that this will work on phones that didn't like VaeVictus.

Nice job Moon. I had been running stock that I had tweaked to my liking, but I figured I'd give it a test drive.

You've done a great job with the ROM and teach's kernel seems right peppy. Wished I'd tried it sooner.

Nice job Moon. I had been running stock that I had tweaked to my liking, but I figured I'd give it a test drive.

You've done a great job with the ROM and teach's kernel seems right peppy. Wished I'd tried it sooner.

Thanks. I just tried to get it just the way I like it and add a few things along the way. It's been a real learning experience for me. Up until now I've only ever used ROMs developed by other people. The Victorious theme that Conquest evolved from was my first foray into any kind of Android development. The whole thing has been enjoyable, frustrating, and rewarding so I plan to stick around. Might try my hand at creating some xthemes but no promises. ;)

Make sure you thank TeachMe personally for the kernel should you get the chance.

Teach has also given me permission to include the new call recording mod in the next release so give thanks for that, too. I sure do.

Well you've done a great job. I've been wanting to take on something like this to learn some new things but not enough time in the day with work and family and remodeling the house..

Just switched to this ROM from Victorious and I really like it so far. Its really fast and clean looking :)... But I have a quick question. Is there anything that I (or maybe you) could do do disable/remove the brightness restriction once going under 5% battery. It's really obnoxious and sometimes, when I'm outdoors, can make the phone pretty useless.

Well you've done a great job. I've been wanting to take on something like this to learn some new things but not enough time in the day with work and family and remodeling the house..

With the surgery, I'm pretty much sofa-bound for the next week at least, possibly/probably longer so I have plenty of time. Otherwise, yeah, I know what you mean. Before surgery, the only time I had to work on it was a couple hours in the morning (morning for me, near-afternoon for most people).

Just switched to this ROM from Victorious and I really like it so far. Its really fast and clean looking :)... But I have a quick question. Is there anything that I (or maybe you) could do do disable/remove the brightness restriction once going under 5% battery. It's really obnoxious and sometimes, when I'm outdoors, can make the phone pretty useless.

I wasn't aware that the phone did this. Guess I don't usually let it get that low. I can look into it. Quick question, though: do you have Power Saving enabled?

EDIT: I updated the changelog. Forgot to mention that I have included the option to install the Xposed Framework and XTheme Engine.

EDIT 2: There is a bug in the installer script that does not install Xposed/xtheme engine during install. This will be fixed in a future update.

Downloaded zip... Backup... Tried to flash from twrp, couldn't find zip anywhere. Verified the download in stock download viewer... added zip to Rom toolbox pro, booted to backup,install, wipe dalv-cache... got backup but zip didn't install.

Thus is first Rom I've tried on galaxy victory... Any suggestions: confused:

What is the xtheme engine?

Xtheme Engine is a theming system for rooted Android phones that runs on Xposed Framework.

Downloaded zip... Backup... Tried to flash from twrp, couldn't find zip anywhere. Verified the download in stock download viewer... added zip to Rom toolbox pro, booted to backup,install, wipe dalv-cache... got backup but zip didn't install.

Thus is first Rom I've tried on galaxy victory... Any suggestions: confused:

What recovery are you on?

I wasn't aware that the phone did this. Guess I don't usually let it get that low. I can look into it. Quick question, though: do you have Power Saving enabled?

EDIT: I updated the changelog. Forgot to mention that I have included the option to install the Xposed Framework and XTheme Engine.

EDIT 2: There is a bug in the installer script that does not install Xposed/xtheme engine during install. This will be fixed in a future update.

No I don't have power saving mode on, and what are the Xposed Framework and XTheme Engine??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom