• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
10/25/2013: Plutonium/8.1
  • Added TeachMe's phone call recording mod (Thanks, TeachMe)
  • Option to install Xposed Framework/Xtheme Engine (works this time)
-----------------------------------------------

Q: What is Xposed Framework and/or XTheme Engine?
A:
See here for an explanation of Xposed Framework and here for an explanation of XTheme Engine.

Q: I elected to install Xposed Framework and XTheme Engine during installation, why don't they work?
A:
Due to the nature of Xposed Framework, these apps cannot be automatically activated during ROM installation.

To activate Xposed Framework:
1. Open the Xposed Installer from the app drawer.
2. Select Framework.
3. Select Install/Update.
4. Reboot your phone

To activate XTheme Engine:
1. Activate Xposed Framework if you haven't already.
2. Open Xposed Installer from the app drawer.
3. Select Modules.
4. Select XTheme Engine.
5. Reboot your phone.

Q: How do I apply XTheme Engine themes?
A:
To apply XThemes:
1. Activate Xposed Framework if you haven't already.
2. Activate XTheme Engine if you haven't already.
3. Download and install the theme that you would like to use (they must be TouchWiz specific themes; there are some nice ones here).
4. Open XTheme Engine from the app drawer.
5. Select your desired theme from the drop-down menu.
6. Select Apply Theme.
7. Reboot your phone (do not soft reboot)

I have been using TWRP 2.4.3. since I first rooted the phone with great results. I installed Plutonium from 7.4 by just clearing cache and delvik and things went great, just an FYI. I guess YMMV.

Moon, just curious where you find time to go to the bathroom, I can hardly keep up with your updates and I am doing nothing more than installing them? :p

Great work!!!

Downloaded zip... Backup... Tried to flash from twrp, couldn't find zip anywhere. Verified the download in stock download viewer... added zip to Rom toolbox pro, booted to backup,install, wipe dalv-cache... got backup but zip didn't install.

Thus is first Rom I've tried on galaxy victory... Any suggestions: confused:

Check the size of the file to make sure your download is complete. And that you didn't just download the torrent by mistake maybe. And in twrp check download folder in both external and internal memory. :)

Got twrp 6.0, then Re downloaded the zip (checked file size14.3), says: "Conquest-plutonium-8.0.torrent" can see in sd ext download using total commander.

TWRP: still cannot see it in either download location. Can add to Rom toolbox pro's install Que but won't install into twrp?

Well try to subscribe to download instead of using guest link (mirror).

:screwy:

Got twrp 6.0, then Re downloaded the zip (checked file size14.3), says: "Conquest-plutonium-8.0.torrent" can see in sd ext download using total commander.

TWRP: still cannot see it in either download location. Can add to Rom toolbox pro's install Que but won't install into twrp?

Well try to subscribe to download instead of using guest link (mirror).

:screwy:

You downloaded the torrent file by mistake. You can't flash a torrent file. The torrent file is for those who prefer to download the flashable via BitTorrent. Use the link labeled "Android File Host" (yes, both links take you to AFH, but only one link downloads the zip file directly). The download should be over 700 MB in size.

I have been using TWRP 2.4.3. since I first rooted the phone with great results. I installed Plutonium from 7.4 by just clearing cache and delvik and things went great, just an FYI. I guess YMMV.

Moon, just curious where you find time to go to the bathroom, I can hardly keep up with your updates and I am doing nothing more than installing them? :p

Great work!!!

He has a laptop and updates from the bathroom. Lol its called multi..... Let's not go there but yeah thanks moon for all your hard work.

Oops my bad forgot 8.1 was just an update. The file I posted is ungoverned kernel to 1.5gig haven't seen a victory yet not run with it.

So it's like a fail-safe kernel?

I'd like to push it to my AFH account and link to it in the FAQs section of the OP if that's ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom